Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #21
mpl
The Crippled Lion

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Cogan Station , Pennsylvania
I'll bring them and we'll just see what happens!
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:19 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

There are only 8 weeks left until the gathering at Penn Wood for the 59th Annual Clarion Autumn Leaf Festival. We still have a few sites available. Don't be left out, get your reservations in by calling 814-764-8963.

Clarion Area Chamber of Business and Industry : 59th Annual The Farmers National Bank Autumn Leaf

A great time will be had by all, both at Penn Wood and off site in Clarion and the surrounding Western Pennsylvania Hills. We are just minutes from Cook Forest, Clear Creek Forest and the Allegheny National Forest, and they all will be showing the colors of fall. There are rail trails to explore, local wineries, Amish businesses and attractions, even a baseball bat and train car factory to be toured just up the road in Brookville, PA and no trip to Western PA is complete without a visit to nearby Punxsutawney, PA to see the world famous weather predicting groundhog Punxsutawney Phil!

We will have nightly campfires, at least one pot luck dinner and open grill night on our huge cooker. There are even rumors of a blue grass jamboree! We would love to see you here
Clarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:44 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Bethel Park near Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to aceflys
Ace and family will be there. We have enjoyed the last few times. Will be in Fri. Hope to make it in by happy hour.

Ace at Moosehead ME. (From PA)

WBCCI 2169
TAC PA-01
aceflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

We made another reservation this morning. Thank you If no one answers the park phone please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

3 Reservations have been made today! Thank you Ace and everyone else. We are going to have a great time here at Penn Wood.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Just got in one of the last 2 spots. Always a good time at Pennwood. See everyone in October.
1950 Spartan
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
1974 25' Tradewind
1974 27' Overlander
Indiana , Pennsylvania
We're in as well...went last year and had a great time. "Island Girl" will be there all shined up! Maybe I'll throw in the banjo...but that might drive everyone to the hills.

Bob
TAC PA-5
WBCCI 4871
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:04 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

Thank you, Shacksman and Roadrunner. I took a count last night and we actually have two regular sites left after your reservations. There are also three overflow sites and a few leased sites that will be unoccupied by the leaseholders during the rally so there are still a few chances to get in on the fun!

After all sites are spoken for we will start a site waiting list and we will notify you if we have any cancellations. That said, if you have a reservation and can not make it please pm me or call the park and leave a message so we can pass your site on to the next patron.

Thanks again one and all. We'll see you in October!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #29
mpl
The Crippled Lion

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunner
We're in as well...went last year and had a great time. "Island Girl" will be there all shined up! Maybe I'll throw in the banjo...but that might drive everyone to the hills.

Bob
TAC PA-5
WBCCI 4871
Roadrunner,
Bring the banjo! I'll bring mine too plus my acoustic & my Airscreamer!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #30
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
What an incredible shame. I have attended all the past Fall Colors Rallies and cooked breakfast at two of them. This rally was one of the highlights of my year. Why would such an excellent and well attended rally be canceled?
Another question, who is Pennwoods.org?
The anonymity is rather disconcerting to me. If you represent Pennwoods, you should do that with great pride.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
ah yes!

Not enough politics and bashing going on the boards recently. I guess the pot needed stirring!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #32
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
No stirring, love the rally, hope it happens next year. Maybe a Spring fling rally...
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #33
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Classic
Clermont , Florida
We are ready to fling in the Spring!

2013 27 FB Classic Limited
2019 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.7L Diesel
WBCCI 03288 TAC PA-17
tkowalyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
We're always looking foe excuses to get out in the spring. I think our usual trip to Williamsburg VA will not happen next year so a rally at Pennwood would likely be something we'd attend.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

Penn Wood holds a Pennsylvania Unit Rally held each year on the first weekend of May, all WBCCI members are welcome to attend. The more who attend the more fun it will be for us all. In fact we hold a WBCCI rally the first weekend of May, June, August and September as well as a WBCCI cookout on July the 4th.

Penn Wood Airstream Park is a non-profit, all volunteer park and sometimes finding volunteers to host all the rallies can prove difficult. This was the issue with this year's Fall Forums Rally. We are already hard at work planning next year's Fall Rally as well as making this year's non-rally a fun event for all those who attend.

This year the first weekend in October will be about hanging out with friends, enjoying the beautiful scenery, evening campfires, Happy Hours and visiting the Clarion Autumn Leaf Festival and the surrounding attractions at your own leisure. It's going to be a fun gathering of aluminum and people with "alumanitis" without the formal structure of a rally and without the associated rally fees. We're looking forward to seeing you here!
Old 08-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #36
mpl
The Crippled Lion

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
...and we're looking forward to attending and (more importantly) meeting fellow Airstreamers!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
I called and left a message requesting a full hook-up site if there were any remaining. We haven't been able to make it to Pennwood yet, but are looking forward to attending this year if we can be fit in. I requested someone to please call me back when they have time.

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member

Deb, Has anyone returned your call? We have a relative newbie hosting this week. If nobody returns your call by tomorrow private message me on the forum or leave another message on the answering machine and I will personally confirm your reservation. All we need is your name, phone number, the amount of sites you will need to reserve and the nights you want to reserve the site/sites for. Thank you.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Okay, that sounds great!

One hitch for us though, my DH just told me that a special project (at his work) that was supposed to start in early September is now slotted to begin in October, and we don't know when in October. He's going to try to narrow it down tomorrow. This project was originally supposed to begin in mid-July, then changed to the end of September, then to the beginning of September, now October..............it's difficult to scheduled life when things change like this.

Thanks again.

Deb
Old 08-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Well, we're coming! Woohoo!! Really looking forward to meeting everyone. Can't wait.

Deb