Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #1

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Moraine View 2015--You can reserve now!

June 2015 marks the 13th anniversary of the Forums Moraine View rally. Far enough away from the big metropolitan cities to assure us ample sites, but close enough that most would not have to drive more than a day to get to.
This year's date begins Friday June 12th with departure set for Sunday June 14th.

A big thanks to all of you who carried the rally forward last year in my absence during Patty's hospitalization and illness. She has recovered although now has to deal with dialysis on a daily basis. We proved with a late season camping trip that we can accommodate her needs, so we are planning to be back this year.

Moraine View is electric hookup only campground, but for a weekend, most of us can comfortably use our holding tanks for water and waste. Water and dump stations are in the campground along with a nearby bath house and playground area for kids. We have good site space that accommodates a large gathering of people, and best of all participation from lots of you out there who come to the rally, try out your recipes at our pot luck, and sit out in the dark watching movies projected on the side of a vintage Airstream.

We've gone through good weather and bad, but in our 13 previous years so far, we've never had the Saturday night pot luck and movies rained out. Not that it hasn't been close, but in the end if the Saturday rain came, it always ended prior to dinner and the movies. Pretty phenomenal considering we have had this rally on the second weekend of June in 10 of its 13 years.

This year we will again be camped in the area down by the lake. All reservable sites must be procured through the ReserveAmerica.com reservation system. There is a $5 processing fee that is not refundable but if you cancel you can get a refund. I know it may be early for you to make commitments but we need to get our reservations is ASAP to assure we will fill the loop up with forum attendees.

Lots of friends have been made, some have passed on. Kids have grown up, unions have been made, and some unions have parted. Our canine buddies have also changed over time and many have passed over the rainbow bridge only to be replaced by new companions displaying their own endearing traits.

A few of us have been there every year, and some almost every year. Its been a fun event and something that has been a given here at AirForums. After looking at some of the archives, I believe it's the oldest same site Forums rally that is in existence.

So what's the plans for 2015? Well it starts out on Friday evening June 12th at 5 with a hot dog fest at my trailer. I'll supply the hot dogs buns and some toppings. If you want to bring anything else to share, you are more than welcome. Saturday is the traditional optional trailer open house beginning at noon till 4pm. A pot luck dinner at 6pm will be held in the central area of our camping loop. Please bring a side item or desert to share. You will be responsible for your own main course which you do not have to share. At dusk we pull out the movies and be assured there will be an Airstream related video first and then a full feature movie that follows.

Sunday will be the winding down time with us getting ready to depart. Note that there is a late checkout time so you don't have to feel rushed to depart. Check in is at 3PM.

Note that many of us arrive on Thursday even though we have no specific events scheduled. Note that the available water at the park carries some sediment so be sure to bring a water filter if you plan to use the spigots that are scattered around the loops.

Those who can't make reservations, be aware that there are unreserved sites very close to our loop. Those sites are usually filled by Friday evening, so if you are planning to arrive without reservations, Thursday or Friday morning will give you best access to those sites.

Moraine View State park is located near Bloomington Illinois. It is associated with LeRoy Illinois where you will find gas, fast food, supermarkets and other supplies.

Here is the link to the campground information. http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt...ne.htm#Camping

Here is a link to the campground map.
http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt...mrvcampmap.pdf

The preferred sites are P13-P23, F1-F9. All sites are back in. F1-F9 form a spoke. This is the area where we will eat and have the movies. Some of the P sites back to the lake, some back to the woods. Even if these sites fill, know that there are many reservable sites next to the sites that I listed. We've had as many as 43 units in past years, so there is always room.

In the meantime start thinking about this and get your reservations in. If this is your first rally or you are an Airstream wannabe, please come. While many of us have been coming to this rally for years, we always have many first time attendees. If you reserve a site, please let me know. I'll keep a list posted so you know who is coming and where they will be.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Yeaaay, Jack!

Glad to hear Patty is doing better.

lily and I will be in F5.

Maggie
Old 12-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
2020 27' Globetrotter
Chicago , Illinois
Thanks for the reminder Jack. Just reserved P18. Thurs to Sun.

Nancy and Dave Laning
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #4

Fenton , Missouri
Cool!
Reservations to Date:

Slivertwinkie P20
jcanavera P 21
Pickles P18
Lily&Me F5
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 12-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
airtandem f-7
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
We just booked a trip, today, to Austria at the same time (Formula 1 race at the Red Bull Ring). So, not this year. We will be camping, though, as we are renting an RV so that we stay at the track over the weekend. I guess that means no tomato wine this year, but great beer!
robert claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:05 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Chicago , Illinois
Hi everyone! We just reserved P19 See you there!

Dyanna & Michael
silverslppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:35 PM   #8
JDS
2014 Bowlus Road Chief

Cumming , Iowa
Hi All,

First time attendees and we will be in F-9. Really looking forward to it!

John S.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #9

Fenton , Missouri
Silvertwinkie just dropped me an interesting post. It looks like the Region 5 WBCCI website WBCCI Region 5 » Individual Units uses a rotating set of pictures at the top of their page. As you go from link to link using their top menu you eventually will run into a picture with lots of folks sitting out eating. Look close at that picture and tell me what you think. I already know the answer.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 12-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Looks like you guys are going to get up close and personal with a 2014 Bowlus. Wish I could be there to see you all and the trailer. Yes Jack, in that order.
Al

TAC ON-3
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:20 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
As for the Food Table, Those table cloths, they are similar to ones Dana has. That is my AS in the center, Cale to the Right and Doug and Maggies Interstate. Sure looks like a Moraine View rally. 2013 ?
Looking forward to seeing the Bowlus.
mike
Old 12-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera View Post
Silvertwinkie just dropped me an interesting post. It looks like the Region 5 WBCCI website WBCCI Region 5 » Individual Units uses a rotating set of pictures at the top of their page. As you go from link to link using their top menu you eventually will run into a picture with lots of folks sitting out eating. Look close at that picture and tell me what you think. I already know the answer.

Jack
I think as Region 5 Webmaster, I can use my own photos wherever I feel they're appropriate. One of the other photos is at Alumapalooza, also not a WBCCI function, but I didn't think it really mattered.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Columbus , Indiana
RedSHED and Mrs_RedSHED will be on F6

Woo Hoo!
Old 12-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #14
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_RedSHED View Post
RedSHED and Mrs_RedSHED will be on F6

Woo Hoo!

Miss that boys' posts. Tell him to come around here sometime, Mrs. R.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:51 PM   #15

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinLoaf View Post
I think as Region 5 Webmaster, I can use my own photos wherever I feel they're appropriate. One of the other photos is at Alumapalooza, also not a WBCCI function, but I didn't think it really mattered.

I glad you've got that leeway. I guarantee you that as webmaster of my old local unit, I would have walked the plank if I had used a picture of a non WBCCI rally on our web site. To make matters worse, they considered AirForums to be anti WBCCI.

For those who don't know, some years back when I was still with the local unit as a Trustee, I had the Moraine View rally declared a buddy rally for the local chapter. No better way to introduce them to the informal rally concept I thought. Other than myself only one member from the local unit showed up. Thank goodness we had a good turn out of other folks so their absence wasn't a factor.

Later on that year I found out that most of the local chapter membership decided privately that they were going to boycott the rally. Shortly after finding out, i quit. Within the balance of the year, they lost every new member that had joined during the four years I was there. Pretty sad. The president tried to convince me to stay saying that we were part of the new blood that WBCCI needed. I told him that the the majority of the unit membership obviously was unwilling to change and it would be no fun to try to effect change in that kind of environment.

Thanks for using the picture though. Always glad to see us toot our horn!

Jack

Im glad Steve that your folks may be a little more liberal minded.
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 12-18-2014, 08:14 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
P 17
mcair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:06 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
I was just looking at the sign-ups for MV, and the open sites are : F- 1 & 4 and P- 15,16, 22 & 23. WOW, filling up fast.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:12 AM   #18

Fenton , Missouri
The good side is the park is big and there are sites that are next to the prime sites. Just check out the site map. Also I know it's early for a lot of you to commit. Remember you can cancel and you will only lose $5, so reserve your site now. There are a lot of first come first served sites by us also. Getting there Thursday or early Fri will get you a good site in the non reservable sites.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 12-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Booked P16 arr. Thur. lv. Mon. Bill.
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:04 AM   #20
1 Rivet Member

1975 29' Ambassador
Lombard , Chicago area
Alan, Susan, and Amanda reserved for site P-23.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Irishrider is offline   Reply With Quote