Old 06-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #71
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Westfield , Indiana
Diego is bringing Chinese Cole Slaw Friday night and Campfire Chili Sat. night. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Old 06-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
Don't know what we are making yet. We are still in the road after leaving Alumapalooza today. Will be at Turkey Run tommorow till thurs am. Will hit the grocery store before we leave there and get restocked.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #73

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie
If the temps stay out of the 90's, we will be happy with that. And, if they don't, oh well----what can you do about the weather.

We are heading out in about an hour to camp with 4 grandkids til Wednesday, going to be hot! Will just plug in when we get home and restock for Moraine View on Thursday.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. I have a new slush recipe I'll be bringing---Frozen Whisky Sours. Delicious!

Maggie
We won't be able to get there this year but those Whisky sours sound yummy! Have a great time.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #74
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari
2016 26' Flying Cloud
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
Starting to Pack and gathering more food. For Friday Night plan on bringing Sauerktaut and Guacamole for Topping's.
Will bring "Lucky Charm" to Hold off any "Bad" weather and bring a "Tropical Shirt" for Saturday Night Dinner.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #75

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Well the weather is looking better as time goes on. The current accuweather forecast for Bloomington shows mostly sunny for Friday with a high of 78 and a low of 63. Good enough to need a campfire. Saturday is mostly sunny again with a high of 86 and a low of 65. Sunday, mostly sunny high of 86. Each day has a chance of a thunderstorm but the percentages are pretty low.

Those arriving early of Thursday will see a high of 85 with a low of 57. Unless the weather changes for the worse, it looks like year 9 will be a good one weatherwise.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #76
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
I will be leaving Thursday don't know what time as of yet and I am going to bring venison potatoes
Old 06-08-2011, 08:06 AM   #77

2005 22' Safari
Spring Grove , Illinois
We're first timers and pondering what to bring for eats Friday and Saturday. I was thinking about either coleslaw or watermelon for Friday and brownies for Saturday.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #78
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Central , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwvandenberg View Post
We're first timers and pondering what to bring for eats Friday and Saturday. I was thinking about either coleslaw or watermelon for Friday and brownies for Saturday.
Coleslaw or watermelon and brownies sound delicious.

The Canavera's host the hot dog feast on Friday nights to keep things easy for the first night out meal. Bringing a dish to share that evening is optional -- yet many folks do bring sides to share that complement hot dogs.

Saturday night is bring your own main entree for your group and also a side dish that would be enough to feed your group and share with a few other folks.

We're bringing a macaroni salad for Friday night and baked beans for Saturday night. We watched a BBQ competition "Best in Smoke" recently. One of the competitors was from The Shed so we found their recipe for "MommaMia's Mac Salad." The Shed is a barbeque and blues joint that started out in Ocean Springs, Mississippi. The baked beans recipe is our favorite from Mike Mills' 17th Street Bar & Grill in Murphysboro, IL. Yep, we go to a lot of BBQ places and competitions.

The Moraine View rally has become one of our favorite rallies. It is a relaxed atmosphere and it's fun to see old friends and meet new ones. Moraine View is a nice park -- though as others have said, you won't want to count on running the water at the park through your trailer water pipes -- it needs to be filtered and does really work the filters hard.

Nancy
Old 06-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #79

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I'll be on the road Thursday. The water heater plug apparently had split sometime between winterizing and today's dewinterizing. After putting the plug in and pressurizing the water system, we had a waterfall spray from the split plug. I dashed over to the local SOB dealer who had some replacements in stock. I bought two. First time that has ever happened to me.

In the mean time Patty and I went to the test lab to get some blood drawn. We get back into the car and the battery is dead. AAA comes out jumps the battery and we dash home so I can get the battery replaced. We get all of three miles and the entire electrical system of Patty's car starts failing. Every indicator light on the dash is going on and off, the gauges all fail and finally the engine goes dead. Now I'm on the side of the highway rather than a safe parking lot. Another call to AAA and they now tow her car back to our house. I pull the battery and find two cells that look like jelly. New battery and a precautionary check on the generator and all is well. Lost about 4 hours of prep time but I'll be up early and will get back on track.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:46 AM   #80
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
be there today

we are relaxing now at weldon springs state park....clinton, Ill...it is a beautiful old park on clinton lake. It sure has been hot.......I left texas to get away from this..........but it follows me....continually

I am going to smoke a "bacon explosion" for saturday.......
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:10 AM   #81
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Arrived at MV yesterday. We've had a t-storm already this morning and from the map looks like more on the way. At least today should be cooler than yesterdays 94 which set a new daily record. Forgot to ask about water quality but there are no warning signs up so maybe things have improved.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #82
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Central , Illinois
We'll be driving over to Moraine View this afternoon to set up. Then we'll come back into Bloomington for the night. We have some things to finish up at the house before we come back out on Friday.

Nancy
Old 06-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #83
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Well, many of us are here already, and temps dropped 20 degrees in just over an hour yesterday. It was cool for sleeping and supposed to be a high of only 84 today.

We have been up for hours, enjoying a campfire and coffee and visiting with attendees.

Life is good.

Maggie
Old 06-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #84
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
a great rally

good company and great weather made this moraine view rally a great place to be.....

we enjoyed the friendship around the fire

we have arrived at the mississippi river, clarks ferry, iowa and are parked a mere 100 yards from the rolling water of the great river.........

WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote