Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-08-2006, 08:13 AM   #1

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Moraine View 2006 Rally Recap

This is the thread for posts regarding the concluded Moraine View 2006 rally.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:44 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Hi Jack,

Sorry we could not be there this year. We hope that all that attended had a good time.

How many Airstreams were in attendence?
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
we're home

We're home safe and sound.. we had a GREAT time and missed a HUGE rainstorm here at home while we were gone :-)It is SO NICE to meet the forum people we chat with year 'round!It's difficult to say WHICH was my favorite part of the Rally, but the left-over Tiramisu in my refigerator is a BIG PLUS.Thank you, Norbert!
Old 06-11-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Pictures please! Hope you have a group shot too. Would like to "see" some of these forums folks too. Glad you all had a great time. How many AS did you have this year?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:05 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
I just want to thank Jack for all his work on this rally, it could not of happened with out you
I also want to thank all you who came to this great rally I had a great time.
Tikihut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
Joliet , Illinois
Here are a few pictures I took. Would love to see some other pictures.
We had a great time
Thank you Jack
Thank you Everyone!!!
Moraine View 2006 Pictures
anussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Nice shots! I especially like the bull dog pictures and the night shots with the kids and flashlights and the colorful caravanner in tiedye, hat and curls.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:10 PM   #8
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Great photos, looks like a fun party. I agree Carol the psychedelic photo was interesting...Wow I didn't know there was a Bob Marley chapter of the WBCCI, dreadlocks and the beret, I'll bet lots of folks would consider joining that region/chapter!!
Old 06-11-2006, 06:16 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
You mean I chickened out because it looked like a nonstop storm down at Moraine View but it wasn't?

Damn.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:19 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Back home also. We had a great time and enjoyed meeting fellow Airstreamers and forum members. Special thanks to Jack. We'll be back next year if at all possible. Beautiful park as well. And all the silver. WOW.

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:01 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
We're back home too. Had a great time. Enjoyed meeting (and re-meeting) everyone. Great pic's Anussia!
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:03 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

Our first Moraine View Rally was a complete success! Thanks to Jack for making this happen for the fourth year! Thanks to everyone for making this old SOB (owner) feel right at home! We had a great time! The food was fantastic. And thanks to everyone who opened their silver twinkies for the home tour. We hope we can make it back next year.

"If the women don’t find you handsome, they better find you handy.” Red Green.
TheLuvShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:15 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
Smile Great Rally?

This was our first forum rally and we had a great time. Thanks Jack and the other "founding fathers" who helped to put this on. We enjoyed meeting all of the forum members. I'm not sure I can put names to screen names yet but it is a start. I obtained some great techical info. Thanks 2air about the mor/ryde suggestion for the truck. I'm already researching it. We are already looking forward to next year.

Dave

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
1987 25' Sovereign
1977 23' Safari
North Olmsted , Ohio
the first ralley for us,

thank you to all for sharing your weekend with us, we had a GREAT time. we are back home and already talking about next year. Dave and June and the spinone sisters
Old 06-11-2006, 09:07 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Wilmington , Illinois
"put - Ze Candle - Beck!"

Thanks Jack for another great rally! Newsletter - freebies -and so many personal touches were all greatly appreciated. We hope Patti is feeling better.

We had a wonderful time and enjoyed meeting/seeing everyone again. Nice to have some faces and campers to screennames......though I believe I'm a bit confused (pretending confusion is abi-normal for me). Maybe we should rally 5-6 times a year and I can really get everyone straight. Funny - seems like just yesterday we attended our first Midwest rally, but the people we met then are now old friends.

We're looking forward to the years to come.
hotLAVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:35 AM   #16

Fenton , Missouri
Well, we made it back safely also. Apparently big storms here in St. Louis also. I'm happy to report that somehow between the pain pills and the sitting, Patty's back is much better....now sorry we didn't go on with Silvertwinkie up to Mississippi Palisades State Park, but she still probably needs some medical attention since she isn't too steady. I think she pinched a nerve when she missed a step on our visit to Bloomington Friday afternoon.

Hard to believe with all the weather around us we got through all the activities without any rain. Official attendance was 30 units, 2 canceled, 2 no shows (at least we don't know what happened to them). If you got scared away by the rain, you missed it! Yeah, we had some rain Saturday morning, and Sunday morning but heck, that's sleepin time! And what about those folks with their SOB's who filled in the holes that were originally booked by the two who canceled out? (Flamingo-kid1 was nice enough to inform them that they were an SOB. The campground hosts up at check in were also treated to this education also.) Wow, surrounded by a sea of aluminum!

Thanks to everyone who came we all had a great time. We started up Friday night with Airstream movies projected on the side of Flamingo-kid1's Luna. Some of the videos I provided, and others were provided by my local dealer Bill Thomas Camper sales. I promised that most of you hadn't seen these before and I think you can agree they were all different.

Thanks to Slivertwinkie for use of the LCD projector and Vahalla2Go for the sound system. With 70 folks present, it was great to have the extra decibels. Thanks also to Flamingo-kid1 and her hubby for sharing their site with us.

After a rainy early morning on Saturday, the trailers opened up for tours and folks really got to see everything from brand new units to vintage, Argosy, and a Classic motor home. It was really interesting especially in the newer lines of trailers since we had everything from new Safari's, Internationals, Bambi's, and Classic's. Everything from 16' to 34'. As a matter of fact for the first time my slide out had a Classic slide out cousin up there.....each flying the same Flamingo, both unknowingly obtained last summer at the same kite shop up at Sister Bay Wisconsin.

Saturday night brought the army of volunteers who quickly "borrowed" tables from surrounding sites for the potluck fest.
No one walked away from this delight as three tables were jammed with goodies for us all. The late arrivals for dinner (I told you we would start at 6pm!) brought additional food to replace empties, so to say the least their tardiness was well timed!

If we gave awards for neat looking deserts I would have to give the prize to the Airstreamed theme desert here. I don't know who made this but please identify yourself!

Following dinner the tables were all moved back to their respective sites (thanks again guys) and we set up for the evening movies. But first we had the attendance prize drawing. Earlier all attendees received an Airstream 75th anniversary pin from Bill Thomas Camper Sales, an Airstreamfourms decal thanks Andy-R, and the first official site newsletter, from jcanavera! Also 2air made the tour passing his special coffee blend for those who partake of the dark roast!

Attendance prizes included an official vintage 2002 Moraine View rally tee-shirt which was contributed by Afta12Delite, AKA., Hot Lava, AKA Tracy. Bird themed plates and glasses contributed by Denellen, two copies of "Airstream Living" contributed by Andy-R, three DVD's containing Airstream movies shown at last year's rally contributed by jcanavera, and a Long Long Trailer DVD contributed by jcanavera. Zamboni also contributed a Moraine View site sign, but I forgot and left it at the trailer. Oh well, a future giveaway for next year.

Darkness finally fell and we were treated to the Mel Brook's classic, Young Frankenstein. Many were well versed in this flick and the audience was quick to shout out the classic lines as they unfolded upon the silver screen!

Sunday morning arose and most of us started the packup for the trip home. As noted earlier the rain which stayed away for the main outdoor events came pouring down as those of us pulling out later in the morning can attest.

Weather? Great Thursday and Friday, clouds and very cool Friday evening, and Saturday. I think everyone got a chance to either crank up the furnace or heat pump over the course of the weekend.

Kudo's go to the campground hosts who gracefully informed 2air, that his afternoon wine fest did violate the alcohol ban at the campground. I was also pulled aside Saturday morning for the official, and yet graceful warning that the park ranger wouldn't be so forgiving if she saw any libations.

So it all came together for another weekend in June. Year 4 of the Moraine View Forums Rally and another success. Again thanks to everyone for their participation and we will take the embers from this rally and carefully nurture them to again start the process early next year. When? Oh it looks like June 8-10th in 2007..if weekends work out right.

Thanks to all, and here is a link to the pictures.

Regards,

Jack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010087a.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	22236  
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 06-12-2006, 09:02 AM   #17
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
How can you not love Frankenstien with all them rivets?

Well, that was my first rally and I really had a good time and enjoyed meeting you all! I am happy to report that the truck made it back with no major incidents .

Using cruse control and looong acceleration periods I averaged about 11 mpg (compared to 8mpg with the same rig on the maiden voyage) ***insert happy dance here*** Towed fine but I sure knew it when I hit a hill.

For those of you following the saga of the SOBs that had me parked in (ie surrounded) at the CG where I actually live, I got back in with style and panache (getting my truck out was a wee bit less gracefull though ). ANYWAY, nice meeting those of you who were there and as for the rest of you, I look forward to seeing you out there.

Oh yeah, thanks for the coffee 2air

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:24 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Cincinnati , Ohio
yup, over an inch of rain in our Cincinnati rain guage too.

it was so good to meet those of you we met and to see the trailers we saw. given time constraints, we only managed about half of each of those activities. darn it, next time we're gonna see at least one of every kind, starting with an Argosy, about which i've heard so much and seen only the outsides.

we also didn't peer at everybody's towing rigs, which i'd vowed to do, and didn't even hike any of the trails at what seems to be a very pretty park.

but we did get to thank some of you who've been so much help to us in person, and to see what a diverse bunch we are.

have to come back to check the rest of ya'll out next year.

thanks again, Jack for the opportunity.

jon
Toasty's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:52 AM   #19

Fenton , Missouri
Okay, here is a link to a few of the pictures I took.

Moraine View Pictures

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 06-12-2006, 12:09 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
1964 19' Globetrotter
2012 Interstate Coach
vero beach , Florida
Twinky Ralley

If we gave awards for neat looking deserts I would have to give the prize to the Airstreamed theme desert here. I don't know who made this but please identify yourself! Thanks to all, and here is a link to the pictures.

Regards,

Jack[/quote]

Jack, we enjoyed doing the Twinky platter (all parked of course,as Wally would do it ).

What a awsome get together! ( thanks to your organizational skills as attested to by a incredibly diverse and happily compatable group of Streamers ). Can hardly wait fo next year's reprise to meet up with these good folks again.

Our best wishes for Patty's speedy recovery.

Emmensley enjoyed meeting everyone, and btw, if anyone is interested in doing the voluntary outhouse host job, we would be glad to exchange sites with you next year .

07, 25' Ocean Breeze
64, 19' Globetrotter

Air #7609
denellen is offline   Reply With Quote