Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-12-2006, 04:05 PM   #21

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by denellen
If we gave awards for neat looking deserts I would have to give the prize to the Airstreamed theme desert here. I don't know who made this but please identify yourself! Thanks to all, and here is a link to the pictures.

Regards,

Jack
Our best wishes for Patty's speedy recovery.

Emmensley enjoyed meeting everyone, and btw, if anyone is interested in doing the voluntary outhouse host job, we would be glad to exchange sites with you next year .[/quote]

Oh yes. I forgot to get the picture of this. It was great. The campground hosts all had little signs by their sites showing who and who wasn't on duty. Since Denellen's site was next to an outhouse, they created a small sign noting that they were on outhouse duty. They also had next to their sign a roll of toilet paper, air freshener, and something else (it might have been some Wet One's?).

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:49 PM   #22

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I just added the handout flyer to the collection of photos from the rally.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:57 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Milwaukee area , Wisconsin
Thumbs up Outstanding

We had a wonderful time. Drove through Chicago and made it - a more direct route and saved some time. It was our 1st trip and nights in the AS - could not have performed better. And what a nice group of people you streamers are! Our Bulldog Lucy has been sitting by the AS door waiting to go again! Thanks to Jack - great organizing - and for us, thanks to hookedonclassic for selling the AS to us. We love it! Bill and Carolyn
Bilouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:24 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Thanks Jack. Got home to STL this afternoon. The MH & VW were great on the way back. It sure was nice to stay the extra day. Beautiful Sunday afternoon and night at Moraine View. Beautiful Monday for packing up and the drive home.
Thanks 2air, wouldn't have been the same rally w/out you. Hope Bill had room for your night-over stay just outside the STL.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:53 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Froedrich: Elevate me. Inga: Now? Right here?

Jack -- I sleuthed the Twinkie dessert on the spot and told the owner what a great idea that was. Her two young boys had to get their Twinkies at the start of dinner for fear they'd be all gone later. (since they read Jack's instructions about 6:00PM-prompt or risk being left out!) I recognized the mini-Airstream and TV from a theme decoration during the afternoon tours -- there's no photographic memory involved, just pure chance.

Being our first time at this rally I must say how good the trailer tours were for cementing names, faces and such a great variety of 30 or so Airstreams. The Forums members spanned a delightful range of ages -- great to see a solid youth and young family movement! Trailer comments? Wow .... We were both impressed with the reinventing/decorating in the '68 Overlander of Valhalla2Go. It was great to see two Minuets, though the silver Airstream toy could have used a good coat of creamy paint... . All of the vintage units and Zamboni's moho were wa-a-ay cool!

The thunder kept our canoe off the lake but I honestly saw only two mosquitoes -- almost heaven... sigh. The ride home took the most part of 12 hours, but today at work felt even longer ... . I could have done without the limestone dust of NE Iowa and SE Minnesota. The Safari got a bath tonight before going back undercover.

So, figured it out yet? Thanks to HotLava Afta12delite hotLAVA -- aw heck, Tracy and Ron for the Twinkie themed dessert.

Good time folks -- glad to have been there!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
GREAT weather

It's a couple of days later, laundry is done, and I wish we were still there :-(The storms held off completely.. not counting those couple of BIG raindrops, the only complaint I had was it was COLD! Which is better than TOO HOT! (Cuz I do own a sweater!)I think it rained a LITTLE bit.. I LOVE the sound of rain on aluminum :-)It was SO NICE to see "old people" and meet new ones too. and the SOBs were very good sports.. even the Avion! :-) It's a beautiful unit.. not too much different from our '67 AS, and it also was an interesting parallel design. (but I WAS talking about that big white box perched in the middle of us)
Old 06-12-2006, 11:09 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Pictures up!

I forgot to mention an impression from Ike & Sue's (Eikel1we) very shiny 1975 25' Tradewind. From the entry door aft, absolutely all the trailer's interior furnishings were nearly an exact match for those used in our '76 24' Argosy. I stood in awe...

I've posted some photos in my member area. My favorite is the alien abducted doggie -- Klaatu Barata Niktoh ur-roof! I made up a pano of the Saturday night potluck that is pretty cool too -- trailers behind (L to R) belong to Canoe stream, cosmotini, jcanavera, Bilouie, Norbert, zamboni (moho), Silvertwinkie, hookedonclassic, and Flamingo-Kid1. There is a faint hint of Gen Disarray's between Twink & hookedonclassic. Odd thing is -- annusia appears three times in this assembly of individual photos! Full size files available on request -- broadband recommended. Rochelle?

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:33 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
Joliet , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoe stream
Odd thing is -- annusia appears three times in this assembly of individual photos!
That is a funny picture. My Journey to the Buffet Table..

Rally Photos
anussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:41 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
Once again a great time thanks to Jack and company. We really enjoyed seeing all the old faces and new. The pot luck was better than ever!
We were parked across from the fabled scary tree, written about so much in the past. He must have been happy to see us all together again. Considering all the reports of severe storms he must have used some of his magic to keep us dry during the festivities.
Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Tom and Sue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scary Tree1.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	22260  

Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Kissed by a tree...

It appears in Tom's photo of "the tree" that it is kissing the rear of Tracy's trailer. Let's hope that is as close to being kissed by a tree that any AS ever gets.
Had great time meeting everyone. Maybe next year we can have a vintage AS & vintage VW Rally, seems that at least five of us have had both a vintage VW & an AS. Might have to do with the similar curved lines.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:47 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Took our time getting home. Had a great time with everyone at the rally.
Thanks to all who worked so hard to get it all together.
Loved the tours,loved the food, but most of all loved the friendliness of all the attendees!
Al and Jean
BigAl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:59 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilouie
We had a wonderful time. Drove through Chicago and made it - a more direct route and saved some time. It was our 1st trip and nights in the AS - could not have performed better. And what a nice group of people you streamers are! Our Bulldog Lucy has been sitting by the AS door waiting to go again! Thanks to Jack - great organizing - and for us, thanks to hookedonclassic for selling the AS to us. We love it! Bill and Carolyn
Bilouie. We couldn't be happier to see such a nice couple buy our cool looking 1992 29' - - - the stripped awnings on all sides really make it look cool. Next time show them to the crowd.

The great thing about AS's is the pride of ownership and the good times that will be had. Looking at the vintage units at the rally, I could only imagine the many fond memories that people must have been had traveling in these coaches. We enjoyed the rally so much we'd be ready to do again in a heartbeat.

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:35 PM   #33
_

. , .
the birth of a classic moho........

well....

those of you that left early
missed a wonderful weather
after the rain....
and a most blessed event.....
on the moraine in illinois

the birth of an airstream moho....
this is not a toy...

it's a little know fact
that a classic silver palace
start life as weeeeee black thing....

see
just as zamboni pulled out....
his 79 (prime breeding stock)
like a humpback in the baja
gave birth......

with the family onboard
waving and all smiles

when just behind
the birth hatch opened
and there she was.....

all glorious in ebony.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	birth 1.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	22304  

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:36 PM   #34
_

. , .
within seconds
she began to suckle
still attached to the mothership....

and the transformation began....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	birth 2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	22305  

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:39 PM   #35
_

. , .
as the zamboni family
pulled on slowly
the little girl
continued to feed

and still the transition.....
with just a hint
of the forum connection...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	birth 3.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	22306  

Old 06-14-2006, 04:43 PM   #36
_

. , .
and as they drifted
slowly from the park
on the moraine
and in full view

a glimpse of her true future
and potential

a little silver bullet

what a sight!
on a sunday afternoon.....

cheers
2air'
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	birth 4.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	22307  

Old 06-14-2006, 05:19 PM   #37
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Glad to hear Patty is doing better.

It was once again a great time for all.

As for a certain mystery Airstream that didn't arrive, I think it's at least the 2nd rally that this particular person's Airstream was to appear but didn't. Any bets on next year?
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:10 PM   #38
Rivet Master

"a little silver bullet...what a sight! on a sunday afternoon....."

Now, thanks to your computer trickery, mama zamboni thinks I should have the VW painted to match the MH...and I already bought the other paint
typical though
Old 06-14-2006, 08:17 PM   #39
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Another thanks to Jack and everyone who helped make the weekend a great success. We are already looking foward to next year.

Jim & Marianne
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:20 PM   #40
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
1964 19' Globetrotter
2012 Interstate Coach
vero beach , Florida
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
---