Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
If I Rest I Rust

1960 26' Overlander
Natchez , Where the Old South Lives
Miss-Lou Ralley Proposal

I'm Posting to see if there would be any interest in forming a Rally in Natchez Ms. in the spring. We have a great RV park right on the bank on the Mighty Mississippi River. They have buildings to host swap meets ,pot lucks,and fun and games. There are wonderful flowers in the spring here in Natchez and the weather can be most enjoyable that time of year. I don't believe there are any Rally's in this area.

The Finest RV Park on the Mighty Mississippi

This is the RV park I have in mind, there are a few other options ,but I think this one would be best suited. I have absolutely no experience in Rally forming and would certainly be open help or suggestions. If I had help planning this I'm sure it could be a fun event for all. Natchez has a lot to offer to travelers. I have lot of contacts here and could plan out a four day rally with plenty to do for all.

Travel and Tourism Guide to Natchez Mississippi

Natchez, Mississippi :: Travel, Visit, Tourism, Visitor, Weddings, Tours, Pilgrimage, Conventions - www.visitnatchez.com

http://www.natchezpilgrimage.com/spring.htm

These are some web sites to show some of the activties in the Spring.

Please blog on this if you are interested in helping, My name is Thom Miller.
NatchezBear
NatchezBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Great start on a Rally! Pick a date or several options and we can look at it.

We will be there for the Balloon Festival in October, tough to get a campsite for the weekend but we got lucky 'cause some camping buds double booked and let us have one at River View RV Park & Resort.
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
If I Rest I Rust

1960 26' Overlander
Wow that was quick, I need someone to bonce ideas off of thanks for responding. I hope to see you when your here for balloon Race. I have a local restaurant please stop in and see me when you come. The couple from Alex and you were where the idea came from for a Rally. I've never been to a rally, they are either to far away or on busy restaurant weekends.
NatchezBear
Old 08-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Oxford, , Mississippi
I'd be interested it. Should have the Trade Wind up and running by then. My wife has always wanted to visit Natchez. I've live in Mississippi all my life and never made it to Natchez either.

Bruce
Oxford, MS
68 TWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatchezBear View Post
... or on busy restaurant weekends.
NatchezBear
Balloon Festival has to be a busy weekend . We will try to stop by and let you know ahead of time... We have enjoyed your fine establishment in the past, most recent being the weekend of cemetary tour. (My wife actually thinks she captured madeline's photo)

I hope we will be in our 34' by the balloon weekend, our pals are in Big-O SOB's

I noticed on the River View RV parks website that one of their photos has a bunch of airstreams, musta been some kinda get together.
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hmmmmm. Natchez is a beautiful, historic city. A few of us from Illinois are planning a little caravan and roadtrip to Louisiana the first week in May. NOLA will be our last stop and Natchez would be on the way back North. Might be fun to coordinate our two events---we might be able to do an overnight at your rally on our way North. That would be May 7th or 8th. Keep us posted on your rally plans.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:50 PM   #7

1952 21' Flying Cloud
New Orleans , Louisiana
There's a few of us in New Orleans that may be interested depending on the weekend. I'm a newbie though so wouldn't be much help planning. But we'll check back for updates and maybe make it our first rally!
NolaRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #8
If I Rest I Rust

1960 26' Overlander
I think maybe the first week of Pilgrimage might be a good time . The flowers are in bloom and all the events are going on.Thats March6th and 7th, 2010. I need to check with the Campground to see if its good date for them.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #9
If I Rest I Rust

1960 26' Overlander
I found this old post it might help
Natchezbear

First Rally, what to take/expect

Greetings Stephanie!

The following is a list of the "basic" supplies that I have in my rally preparedness kit:

1. Leveling blocks sufficient to raise the low side of the coach up to 2.5" - - a set of wheel chocks will also be necessary for front and rear of each tire since your coach is a single axle.
2. A wide-footed tongue jack base as well as large, flat block of wood to place under the tongue jack base.
3. A 30-AMP to 15-AMP electrical adapter. (I also carry 75-feet of 30-AMP extension cord, but I will readily admit that this is overkill.)
4. Free-flowing (non-restricted) <doesn't have shut off vlaves> "Y" for your water supply (a metal Y is best as the plastic ones seem to be good for only one or two rallys before they spring leaks), and at least 50 ft. of white RV (potable water approved) hose. You might also find it helpful to have a 3' to 5' potable water hose to run from your trailer's city water inlet to the "Y" as this will reduce the potential of over-stressing the plumbing connection on the coach. (My usual rally supply includes 3-75 foot lengths of the hose as I always seem to be the first in the row so must reach to the hydrant.) {Since this is your first rally, this may see strange but at many rallys the water supply is "daisy-chained" from one main hydrant to any number of trailers in a row - - the first trailer connects to the hydrant with the next connecting to the first trailer's "Y" . . . . and so-on to the end of the chain. An additional consideration is being prepared if you happen to be the last person in the chain (either permanently or temporarily) - - then you will need a "cap" for one side of your "Y".}
5. A mat for in front of your entrance door [a 3' x 5' is probably about the minumum for good protection]. {I have a patio mat that is sold at most larger Rallys that is really nice for the purpose - - it is in excess of 9' x 12' and is made of a breathable fiber that doesn't kill the underlying sod.}
6. Provisions for gray water (wash water)
a. Blue tank for those locations where gray water must be properly disposed of.
b. Thetford Cap for dump valve with hose outlet.
c. 4' black "automatic washer supply hose" to run between Thetford cap and blue tank - - or to route under rear of coach where it is permissible to allow wash water onto the ground.
7. Flags and flag holder for front of coach. (I usually carry US Flag, Canadian Flag (for Canada Day at International Rally), VAC flag, and my state flag).
8. A Citizen Band radio is often valuable at larger Rallys as this is the way announcements are often made. A battery operated, hand-held portable will work - - just be prepared with an extra set of batteries - - it is also helpful if you happen to participate in a "Suburban Caravan" to a site or eatery as the leader communicates with the followers via the CB.
9. Be sure that your propane tanks are full, your water tank is full, and that your black tank is empty when arriving at the rally as the water supply may not be immediately available, and a dump site may not be conveniently located either.
10. Extra fuses for both 12-volt and AC fuse box (if so equipped).
11. A temporary shut-off valve to mount between your "Y" and your trailer on the water supply hose so that if you happen to spring a leak you can shut down the supply to your trailer quickly without interrupting the supply to the rest of the chain.

Depending upon the Rally, you might also want to be prepared for several other possibilities.

A.) A pot-luck is a function at many rallys so it is wise to be prepared with a pot luck idea {mine is bon-fire baked beans made in a dutch oven that can be made over a bar-b-que grill using canned goods that are easily carried in either the tow vehicle or trailer}.

B.) Semi-formal activities. There are any number of semi-formal activities at a number of rallys including such things as ballroom dancing, line dancing, or square dancing. These are typically dress-up ocassions, but not necessarily the full formal route - - I usually pack a dress shirt, dress slacks, and a bolo tie for such ocassions.

C.) Vintage Club Open House. Since yours is a vintage coach, if there is a Vintage Club section at the Rally you will likely be invited to participate in the open house (if one will be part of the Rally). The open house is a fun time where owners open their trailers for a period of one to two hours for visitors to tour the coach - - it is a time when much visiting occurs, and much sharing takes place. Be prepared for lots of questions and any number of interesting conversations.

You are correct about the folding chairs. In addition, it is usually wise to be prepared for any weather condition that might prevail (I usually carry an extra sweater, wind breaker and stadium blanket for the "campfire" activities that are often an impromp-tu part of a rally)as well as being prepared for any pesky insects that might make their presence known.

With best wishes for a turly memorable and enjoyable experience at your first Rally!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
Old 08-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Largo , Florida
Natchez Bear, put me down. I'm a newbie also with a vintage a/s. This would be my first rally. I had the frame, breaks, etc. checked out when I put new tires on her, but now that I'm more experienced after reading all the post here . . . I sure hope I'll make it ok.
Airstream Judy
Old 01-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

1959 24' Tradewind
1996 34' Cutter Bus w/slide
Slidell , Louisiana
Hi there...
WBCCI, Region 6 has a Natchez Pilgrimage Rally scheduled for March 10-14, 2010. It will be held at the Riverview RV Park across the river in LA. Information and registration info can be found in the Blue Beret, or by calling Kathleen Hedgepeth 601-833-6823
Old 01-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Put us down as interested as well.