Old 11-01-2004, 04:26 PM   #29

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Ok, I've reserved our spots! I reserved ten of them, I'll cancel the extras if it turns out we don't need them. We have G-28 through G-37, and because we registered as a group we have the meeting hall on Saturday, which might come in handy if it rains really hard and we want to duck inside.

Here's a map of the campground
Beverly Beach

I'm going to need a list of campers, how many in your party, how long your rig is, probably your license plate number, to fill out the paperwork they're sending me. So send me all that info along with a check for $34 for your two nights, and if you want a back in or pull through (or which specific site you want). Send the check to:

Stephanie Roberts
18304 NE 255th Circle
Battle Ground, WA 98604

Hear that Annette? We have some pull-throughs, so you don't even have to worry about backing it in now!

I'll list who's got which sites here and update it as we go:

NettiePDX in pull-through #28
Coastal Me in #29
Janet & Gary are taking #30
3Ms75Argosy are taking #31
We'll be in spot #32
JordanDVM in #33
Frances (not on the forum) in #34
CampCollector finding his own spot

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 07:53 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Oh... looks great! How about we take G31? I was excited about the "wastewater dump" area at G29, but then I started to think about smells...... I think G31 will be fine. Thanks so much! We'll be the ones pulling in LATE on Friday.

We are a family of four (wife, two girls ages 9 and 5). Any other parents with kids coming?
Marc

Old 11-01-2004, 08:34 PM   #31
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
We've been to this campground before. If I recall correctly, the spaces on the interior of the loop are almost all pull though's and if you follow the oneway signs through the campground, you will be pulling in with your trailer door facing towards the center area. There is a grassy area in the center of the loop. The sites on the perimiter of the road backup onto the stream but there is little grass - loads of trees and low foliage, though.

The little numbers on the site map below the site number are the length of the space. If you can't see the numbers when the pdf of the campgound opens, get the magnifying glass tool on the upper bar and enlarge the picture. There is a dump station at the entrance to the campground. This place is huge and there are several bathhouses.

We may be in on Thursday evening. Can't wait!

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:55 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Read your club camping info carefully!

[QUOTE=Stefrobrts]Ok, I've reserved our spots! I reserved ten of them, I'll cancel the extras if it turns out we don't need them. We have G-28 through G-37, and because we registered as a group we have the meeting hall on Saturday, which might come in handy if it rains really hard and we want to duck inside.

I haven't checked into the forums for awhile but decided to when I saw Stefroberts club camping reservation come to the park today from Reservations Northwest. Glad to see this happening.
In response to the quote above I just wanted to bring to light that club camping does waive the reservation fee, but if the group size falls below minimum, the reservation fee is added back in to each site. And I believe the meeting hall is also free to groups as long as the minimum number of sites is met, go below that number and you lose the free meeting hall. Please read your info carrefully and call the Park with any questions. Its been awhile since I've handled the registration procedures so don't quote me.

I may have to show up too and bring my bambi and new tow rig.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Truck.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	9348  
Old 11-01-2004, 10:05 PM   #33
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
So...if we come in a day early can we reserve site G30 w/out paying the $6.00 reservation fee?

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:13 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

Gosh - we would give anything to be able to join you at Beverly Beach. We were just there in September.

Check out The Marina at Newport RV Park (Annex area/under the bridge) as a site to have a "get-together". It is a nice area and one that seems to draw groups of people as a meeting place. We had to move from Beverly Beach, because of the rain and found this location.

Have fun!

We experienced our first snow fall last night!
Old 11-01-2004, 10:22 PM   #35
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
So...if we come in a day early can we reserve site G30 w/out paying the $6.00 reservation fee?
Yes for that night, But the other reservations made by stefroberts are still reservations. And if the total number of sites in the group falls bellow 10, I think then the reservation fee is applied to the remainder of the sites. But there is a point were keeping the sites and letting them go empty is worth the savings on reservation fees and the free meeting hall.

Never Fear you have an advocate looking out for you guys, I will try to help things run smooth. I was just concerned that she made sure she understood the registration policies clearly and there were no surprises.

Have fun, I may bring my rig too but don't worry about a site for me I can arrainge my own.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:04 AM   #36

1968 17' Caravel
Whee, I knew you'd check in with us eventually, CC! Please do bring your Bambi and join us! I'd love to see how the formerly crushed Bambi has progressed!

From the lady I was talking to today, sounds like 5 is the minimum for the group rates with no reservation fee (maybe because it's off season?), so that's why I went ahead and did it that way, since we have seven already, and I figure I might be able to drum up three more for the total of ten I reserved. I'll admit, the rules were all quite convoluted! And yes, we do get the meeting hall free by being a group, so I told her we'd take that for Saturday, in case we need a backup place to have dinner.

So far, so good...

Old 11-02-2004, 01:32 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Buckmaster has offered to head up a crabbing trip on his boat - to help stock the pot! Any takers?
If we come on Thursday PM, I'd like to take "Buckmaster's" offer to go crabbin'.......the only time we tried this was from off the docks in Newport, and was kinda disappointing! I don't want to be presumptious, but if we could "catch our own", it always tastes better......so Friday would be a good day, if that's available to try! I'd be willing to pitch in for gas, crab pots and bait. (Of course, this means more work to crack the crabs, but that's part of the fun!) Anyone else interested????
Jim

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:01 AM   #38
3 Rivet Member

1999 30' Excella 1000
Northern California , and Oregon
Beverly Beach

I'll take # 29
Old 11-02-2004, 09:57 AM   #39
Arr, we captain our ship!

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Gosh, this sounds like FUN! Wish we could make it.

We're leaving Santa Fe for Bend on 11/11 or 12 but won't be settled in enough to make this outing... Next time?

Have a great time!
Old 11-02-2004, 01:08 PM   #40

1968 17' Caravel
I have a feeling we'll be doing this again, XRay, and you can catch up with us then. I've had a number of people tell me they couldn't make it this time but they're excited to get in on the next one.

Old 11-02-2004, 10:37 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Sounds like you have it nailed down. I can't wait to see a gagle of airstreams in the g-loop. A cluster of shiny silver bullets certanly brings some excitment and color to the coast in the cloudy days of November.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:58 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

back on-line

Wow...I've missed you guys. Just got my laptop today, sitting here listening to the election returns. Yeah for WiFi

OK, Stef, I'll get the $$ and info to you asap. As soon as I get a cell phone, I'll call friends in Newport and see what kind of seafood I can scrounge up for dinner.

Wonder if I'll get any towing practice in before I hit the road. I think I'll go through Corvallis on my way to Newport....Watch out Jim

1997 E350
nettepdx is offline   Reply With Quote