Name:	map2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	382.5 KB
ID:	98890  

Old 03-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #58
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
we have sold the house...most of my stuff 99%...is gone...DW has stuff.. so she is storing that stuff until.... I can't wait...Wednesday morning we are headed out...been out before and the difference this time is NO HOUSE... only an airstream...hurray so we are spending a few days in east texas looking at the dogwoods in bloom...rememberting the ledgend of the curse of the dogwood tree...as the source of the wood for the cross of calvary... and then onward to arkansas to visit a 96yr old aunt for her birthday...

then the plan is the mississippi river.....but now arkansas is getting in the way...it is a beautiful state ...i want to meander around it for a while....all enroute to rend lake and the rally

WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #59
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey Kingfisher24,

Your profile shows you are into BBQ. What may it take to entice you into some of that lovely pulled pork for the rally?

Steve
Old 03-28-2010, 06:48 AM   #60
Islander

Bbq

I have always wanted to roast a whole pig.... and last year for the fourth of july my friend in barnesville ohio...dickinson cattle company the purveyor of nieman marcus quality texas longhorn cattle...was guinea pig enough to let me roast two 60lb piglets for a crowd of sixty... and the remanents of that feast is what is represented in my profile picture....

no one got sick or died from that feast

so that being said...if we wanted to arrange something like that for the rally ...i suppose it could be done...

someone with local access to some fresh sweet young piggies...a pit made of concrete blocks and an ample supply of hardwood and a makeshift grate of some sort....

but i am going to do it again in barnesville ohio...most probably on the forth of july...and will keep you posted....
WBCCI 2541

4CU
Old 03-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #61
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
LUCKEEEEE! Sounds wonderful!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher24 View Post
we have sold the house...most of my stuff 99%...is gone...DW has stuff.. so she is storing that stuff until.... I can't wait...Wednesday morning we are headed out...been out before and the difference this time is NO HOUSE... only an airstream...hurray so we are spending a few days in east texas looking at the dogwoods in bloom...rememberting the ledgend of the curse of the dogwood tree...as the source of the wood for the cross of calvary... and then onward to arkansas to visit a 96yr old aunt for her birthday...

then the plan is the mississippi river.....but now arkansas is getting in the way...it is a beautiful state ...i want to meander around it for a while....all enroute to rend lake and the rally
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #62
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher24 View Post
I have always wanted to roast a whole pig.... and last year for the fourth of july my friend in barnesville ohio...dickinson cattle company the purveyor of nieman marcus quality texas longhorn cattle...was guinea pig enough to let me roast two 60lb piglets for a crowd of sixty... and the remanents of that feast is what is represented in my profile picture....

no one got sick or died from that feast

so that being said...if we wanted to arrange something like that for the rally ...i suppose it could be done...

someone with local access to some fresh sweet young piggies...a pit made of concrete blocks and an ample supply of hardwood and a makeshift grate of some sort....

but i am going to do it again in barnesville ohio...most probably on the forth of july...and will keep you posted....
I don't think we'll be able to produce the blocks and grates for such a pit. They do have a nice fire pit that we could maybe put a or a few 's over on a spit!

I am somewhat of a BBQ pit master myself. Below is a picture of my trailer smoker at the Silver Stars and Stripes rally held in August 2008. Unfortunately, this rally is a little too far to make a 4 way trip and bring the smoker along. Now if I could get someone to tow it out for me.

Steve

Old 03-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #63
Islander

no doubt that we will find a way to burn some meat...it's the american way
WBCCI 2541

4CU
Old 03-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We're going to pull a "mcair" and do two rallies that weekend, as well, coming in on Saturday for this rally. Just talked with Mary at Whittington Woods and made a reservation.

We'll be staying Saturday & Sunday night, heading into Kentucky for a few days from there.

Doug & Maggie
Old 03-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #65
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Oh yeah..I have a few tricks up my sleeve. I make a smoker out of two metal bowls and hot smoke shrimp kebabs. I also have a smoker I made out of some terracotta pots, and Alumatube has one of them as well. I can see it now....shoulder, chicken, armadillo eggs, bacon explosion!

Steve
Old 03-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
All of this BBQ talk making you hungry Maggie? We can have a small caravan on Saturday morning from Olney to Whittington
Old 03-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #67
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Nice to add you guys Doug and Maggie.

I have several maybes that I am trying to get to commit, and that will just increase the fun!

Contacted my promotions company about the rally merchandise. I am having button magnets made as usual, but looking for more creative input than what we currently have on the airforums advertisement. I could have some single color t-shirts done for cheap, but without enough orders, I think I would just make a couple for prizes. More on that later.

Steve
Old 03-29-2010, 08:19 AM   #68
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We are always up for cooking outside and never met BBQ we didn't like. May weather shouldn't be too hot, either, so Dutch Oven delicacies can be on the dinner menu, as well.

A mini-caravan from one rally to the next sounds like a great idea.

Maggie
Old 03-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
We brought Rocket home this afternoon from his winter storage spot. Now it is officially Spring! Have to get busy finishing those curtains.

Driveway is a little crowded since while he was gone Laura got a car. She was parking in his spot, now she is having to squeeze in front of him.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:48 PM   #70
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcair View Post
We brought Rocket home this afternoon from his winter storage spot. Now it is officially Spring! Have to get busy finishing those curtains.

Driveway is a little crowded since while he was gone Laura got a car. She was parking in his spot, now she is having to squeeze in front of him.
It's funny how that works huh Alice? Amy or I have to park in the street since two of our 3 drive ways have Airstreams in them!

Looks like we picked up another attendee. They also attended the Cape to Cairo rally last September, so should be more familiar faces for those who attended.

Steve

Tags
airstream, midwest, rally, rend lake