64CardsFan - Cowboy Caviar
Sugarfoot- Raspberry/Peach dutch oven pie

Saturday May 15 - Communal morning coffee and doughnuts, 6 PM Potluck
Soldiermedic- Smoked armadillo eggs, Pineapple upside down cake
64CardsFan - Fresh Green Beans w/ bacon and potatoes
doug&maggie-Dutch Oven garlic rolls, taco casserole
Sugarfoot - Smashed potatoes with roasted garlic
My1ststream-Shish-Kabob Skewer assembly line
Fried potatoes and onions, something else not decided yet.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

http://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:02 AM   #198
3 Rivet Member

1966 30' Sovereign
Bethany , Illinois
Airstream66 is bringing 7 layered jello and walking tacos for Friday night,

and cookies and chili-mac for Saturday night.

airstream66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:44 AM   #199
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
first one in

we will be leaving Jackson Mo this morning and headed to the rally site....will be waiting on the rest of youse guys
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:21 AM   #200
4 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Between Here , And There
Maybe second one in

Kingfisher,

Currently installing the floats on the Airstream for the trip to the rally. Looks like several bands of storms between us and Rend Lake. Hopefully we will roll in this evening.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #201
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Central , Illinois
Sainte Genevieve, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher24 View Post
we will be leaving Jackson Mo this morning and headed to the rally site....will be waiting on the rest of youse guys
Greetings kingfisher,

If the weather were pleasant and sunny, Sainte Genevieve, MO would be a nice side trip as you make your way to Whittington Woods. It's about 22 miles (30 minutes or so) north of Chester on the Missouri side of the river.

The town is a quaint historic French Colonial village established in the mid 1700's. According to its website, it has the greatest concentration of French Colonial buildings in North America. It's a pleasant place to spend a day strolling and enjoying the history of the place.

Here are a couple of links Visitors Guide to Saint Genevieve, Missouri
Sainte Genevieve MO, a Historic French Colonial Village, Oldest community West of the Mississippi

If you can't make it this time, perhaps it can be on your list on another pass through the Midwest.

We won't be at the Whittington rally this time. We have another commitment for this weekend. Sounds like a great time is in store for you all and some spectacular eats -- and as we know from last May, rain won't slow anything down. The pavilion is a great cover. Last year, Tinloaf started a fire in the firepit when we all arrived and we kept it going till we left.

Nancy Mac
Old 05-12-2010, 10:52 AM   #202
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Getting packed up today so we can leave by 7 am in the morning, should get there late Thursday afternoon, early evening. Hope we aren't going to be driving in thunderstorms, but you never know!

Old 05-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #203
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Central , Illinois
Passers by on Interstate 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
Getting packed up today so we can leave by 7 am in the morning, should get there late Thursday afternoon, early evening. Hope we aren't going to be driving in thunderstorms, but you never know!
We'll keep an eye out for you if you're heading east on I44. We'll be heading west on I44 tomorrow.

Nancy
Old 05-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #204
1 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
marion , Illinois
Chester & Frazier are ready!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #205
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
we are here

arrived, set up, met Mary...great host...beautiful park....

will make it to St Geneiveve next trip...I'm sure it is beautiful...we found Mo to be a beautiful place in our two week exploration...we will return

it did not rain on us nor is it raining here now
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #206
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
AIR Midwest Midwest Rally at Rend Lake, IL 2010

EEK! This could be interesting - - - - too much upheaval around home - - I am supposed to leave by early afternoon tomorrow . . . . didn't provide for the nasty surprises left by one of my tennants who had to be evicted on May 7th. After 30 years of owning and managing rental property, this is the most disgusting mess that I have ever seen . . . . . . I have posted below, three representative photos of what I found when I obtained possession on May 7th - - it made me sick as this 1870 Saltbox Colonial home has been in my family since 1912 and is my favorite . . . .

I have been so focused on this near catastrophe that I nearly forgot about the Rend Lake Rally. I need the time away so will be scurrying around in the morning pulling things together - - may be a bit topsy-turvey but hope to be at the campground by dusk. Know that I have to go by the local DMV and renew the registration on both my trailer and tow vehicle - - and will need to see my insurance agent to re-activate the liability coverage on my tow vehicle. I have no idea what I will make for potluck so will play that by ear once I arrive - - the coffeemaker is in the Airstream ready to go . . . .

Looking forward to a great Rally!

Kevin

P.S.: Fortunately this isn't "smell-a-vision" the odor was a cross between a city sewage treatment plant, a hog confinement operation, and a petroleum refinery . . . . .After four solid days of cleaning it is possible to begin seeing the floor in five of the seven rooms in the house.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Parlor looking toward Walk-in.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	102395   Click image for larger version

Name:	Second View of Parlor Viewed from Entrance Hall.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	102396  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kithen Table.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	102397  
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #207
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander64 View Post
EEK! This could be interesting - - - - too much upheaval around home - - I am supposed to leave by early afternoon tomorrow . . . . didn't provide for the nasty surprises left by one of my tennants who had to be evicted on May 7th. After 30 years of owning and managing rental property, this is the most disgusting mess that I have ever seen . . . . . . I have posted below, three representative photos of what I found when I obtained possession on May 7th - - it made me sick as this 1870 Saltbox Colonial home has been in my family since 1912 and is my favorite . . . .

I have been so focused on this near catastrophe that I nearly forgot about the Rend Lake Rally. I need the time away so will be scurrying around in the morning pulling things together - - may be a bit topsy-turvey but hope to be at the campground by dusk. Know that I have to go by the local DMV and renew the registration on both my trailer and tow vehicle - - and will need to see my insurance agent to re-activate the liability coverage on my tow vehicle. I have no idea what I will make for potluck so will play that by ear once I arrive - - the coffeemaker is in the Airstream ready to go . . . .

Looking forward to a great Rally!

Kevin
Wow Kevin!

What a mess. I cannot believe what some tenants will do to the property they rent. i hope you can get anything you can out of a court judgment.

Glad to see you have arrived kingfisher24, and hope fltlevel150 makes it in with no problems either. We are shooting to arrive around 1 PM tomorrow in a caravan of four. We gladly invite you to start that fire with the pavilion wood, and we will maintain that fire until we leave on Sunday.

Glad to see the wee scotty dogs will be joining us. Paige is jumping around every time we take things outside to the trailer.

See everyone tomorrow or at least by Friday, and drive safely.

Steve
Old 05-13-2010, 06:10 AM   #208
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Ohhh, Kevin! What a mess! Be careful cleaning it up, and hope you can retrieve some compensation from the low-lifes who left you that.

We will be at the WBCCI rally in Olney from today til Saturday, then headed with mcair to Rend Lake by mid-day.

See y'all Saturday,

Maggie
Old 05-13-2010, 08:26 AM   #209
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
OMG Kevin! We have had rental property. And I have cleaned up some BAD messes in my day but nothing like that. I hope you have someone who can help. You really need to get away after that. Wow indeed.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:26 AM   #210
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Wow, Kevin! Sorry you have to deal with that. Scenes like that are why we got out of the rental business. We are headed out, the rain has slowed down and we're ready to go! Nancy, we'll keep an eye out for you if you haven't already gone! See you at Rend Lake! Sandy

Tags
airstream, midwest, rally, rend lake