Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2004, 06:24 AM   #21
aka buckwheat's wife...

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Hey there!
We're newbies in the RV'ing world, but this gathering sounds very appealing. We'll be bringing Silver Belle home pretty soon and as soon as the kids are out of school....well, just color us GONE! Are newbies welcome too??

"I find that it is not the circumstances in which we are placed, but the spirit in which we face them, that constitutes our comfort."
-Elizabeth T. King
PluffMudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 06:28 AM   #22
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Newbies

Welcome,
Newbies are the building blocks of this forum and all Airstreaming events.

I see that you are in Georgia, are you members of the WBCCI and if not have you considered joining?

Smily
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 06:37 AM   #23
aka buckwheat's wife...

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Mornin' Smily!

Thank you for the reply. No. We are not members yet but yes, we are planning on joining. *hangs a mental Post It on her brain to join* I figure that even though my husband and I will be strangers at first, that "Silver Belle" is not. We're very excited about this new lifestyle we're embarking upon and so looking forward to making new friends along the way! Dr. Joe did us a huge favor by pointing us to this forum.

"I find that it is not the circumstances in which we are placed, but the spirit in which we face them, that constitutes our comfort."
-Elizabeth T. King
Old 01-21-2004, 07:57 AM   #24

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally posted by PluffMudd
Hey there!
We're newbies in the RV'ing world, but this gathering sounds very appealing. We'll be bringing Silver Belle home pretty soon and as soon as the kids are out of school....well, just color us GONE! Are newbies welcome too??
Sure you are welcome! This is not a WBCCI sponsored event so there are no restrictions on who comes or what they camp in. If you are an Airstream Wannabe come with what you've got. We do tours of our trailers and motorhomes so you will see every thing from brand new to vintage. There are no scheduled activities other than, weather permitting, a pot luck dinner Saturday night and a campfire.

Silvertwinkie and I were exchanging PM's last night and I told him I would bring my Animal House DVD for those who want to see the Toga Party!

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:03 AM   #25

Fenton , Missouri
For those of you new to the forum or trying to decide whether to go, here are some pictures of last June's Midwest Forum Rally at Moraine View State Park.

http://www.airstreamphotos.com/photo...3091&ppuser=56

Click on slideshow to scroll through the pictures.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 01-21-2004, 08:06 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Wilmington , Illinois
Dust off your paddles, gang, we got us some newbies!

Quote:
Originally posted by PluffMudd
Hey there!
We're newbies in the RV'ing world, but this gathering sounds very appealing. :
Welcome Fred and Lainey!

We all look forward to welcoming new people to the group! Has anyone informed you of the initiation process? Nothing to worry about. Just a few rituals and some light hazing - all in good fun - very mild - powderpuff (giggle). I have to remember to find my branding iron...... now wherever did I put that? Then we all dress in silver robes, light torches....oh, wait, I'm forbidden to tell the details - it's part of "the oath." If these secrets ever got out........Well........I shudder just thinking about it. Then at the end of all of it all you're life will be changed: you'll become (uncomfortable silent pause) (speaking in a sinister voice) "ONE OF US."

Can't wait to beat you......I uh, mean meat......wait, meet!
(evil laugh)
hotLAVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:24 AM   #27
aka buckwheat's wife...

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Unhappy

Initiations?? *looking around nervously..flipping through Airstream Owners handbook* I didn't see anything in here about THAT! Are you trying to scare us off?? *s* (Your description brings to mind that scene from Revenge of the Nerds! YIKES!)

Tracy, kids AND a sense of humor? Good move. Hard to raise them without one. *s* We will be traveling with our 3 boys so it's nice to know that there are other families out there. Actually, just from viewing the profiles here, I've found out that there are alot more families our age than I first thought.

Jack...the fact that you still own a copy of Animal House makes me think you're good people. *s* What a classic! Now, if you own a copy of Monty Python and the Holy Grail...I will know that you are the wild man of the group.

Thank you for your responses and welcomes. My husband and I are looking forward to meeting each and every one of you. Buy an Airstream ie instant friends and family. Who knew?!

-Elizabeth T. King
Old 01-21-2004, 08:37 AM   #28

Fenton , Missouri
Fred & Lainey

You would have thought we were old buddys since most of us just met for the first time. I know for the majority of us the rally exceeded our expectations.

Now if you really want to get adventurous we are working on a weeklong rally in Mackinaw City Mi. for July. Lots to do and see up there, and for those so likened to long showers, full hookups!

Stay tuned for further information. I hope to have the final details together by next week or so.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 01-21-2004, 08:46 AM   #29
aka buckwheat's wife...

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Rally pics

Hi Jack!
Hey, thanks for the link for the last rally pics. I did do the slideshow and was able to place your faces to the names. How cool is that?? And that campground looked very inviting, especially with all of the trees.
It's easy for me to say that the week long rally in Michigan sounds good. We haven't even made our maiden voyage yet! *LOL* At the moment, I'm all for it!
I look forward to miles of smiles! I'll continue to check the posts to keep myself updated.

Thanks!

-Elizabeth T. King
Old 01-21-2004, 09:33 AM   #30
aka buckwheat's wife...

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Talking

Alrighty then! I have just submitted our application to the
W.B.C.C.I.
Pretty soon they're going to be showing us the secret handshake and giving us our very own decoder ring!
Wooohooo!

-Elizabeth T. King
Old 01-30-2004, 01:20 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

Talking Midwest Rally

We will be there! Haven't met many of you yet, we're new to the crowd. Glad that we will be able to attend a weekend event!!
Old 01-30-2004, 01:24 PM   #32

Fenton , Missouri
Re: Midwest Rally

Quote:
Originally posted by panub
We will be there! Haven't met many of you yet, we're new to the crowd. Glad that we will be able to attend a weekend event!!
Great! Let us know when you get your confirmation and campsite assignment. Maybe some of you folks in the St. Louis area or passing through may want to link up in a small caravan on Friday June 11th. I'll make note of that and ask the question when we get to early June.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 01-30-2004, 01:32 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

Talking Midwest Rally

Great! Let us know! Glad to see we're not the only new kids around here! The Bambi is addictive, we've been all over the place...even though we've only had her for five months!!
Old 01-30-2004, 04:45 PM   #34
Rivet Master

See you there

Jack, thanks for moving it back a week...we're planning on going up on Thursday this year. Hopefully, no tire issues this time. I'll bring the "magic" color sticks for the fire.

Anyone planning on bringing their library of Blues, rock-a-billy or bluegrass CD's and an "icy cold beverage" is more than welcome to stop by our site and enjoy a shared campfire and some good music...also discussions of what it took to get our AS's to where they are in the restoration process.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:45 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

Midwest Rally

In regards to the June rally...I'm reading about no sewer hook-ups, no direct water, initiations to a/s....and all of the 'newbies'...COUNT US IN!! YAHOO!!
Old 02-02-2004, 10:13 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Oh good, it seems the newbies will outnumber the regulars.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:17 PM   #37
2 Rivet Member

I already checked out your website (tincan...)! That's awesome! We bought a domain...and...well, we bought a domain. OK, we're busy reading the a/s forums and just cannot find the time to build our site!
Old 02-03-2004, 07:21 AM   #38

Fenton , Missouri
Re: Midwest Rally

Quote:
Originally posted by panub
In regards to the June rally...I'm reading about no sewer hook-ups, no direct water, initiations to a/s....and all of the 'newbies'...COUNT US IN!! YAHOO!!
Yea I hate to spoil it by going to some place that has electric! Really puts a damper on things doesn't it!

See ya there!

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 02-05-2004, 07:28 PM   #39
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
1969 29' Ambassador
Winthrop Harbor , Illinois
Howdy Folks

Its been awhile since I've been on. I was excited to find my reservation at Moraine View in my mail today. I look forward to seeing everybody, and all the new folks in June.
It's always Monday morning,
until it's Friday night - 1985
Cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:58 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Hey thanks Panub, it's really not that awesome.. I never expected it to work....I have a replacement in the works. Tried to take everyone's comment's into consideration. But the pink and blue dots are staying. I like em. I want to post pics of everything we're doing. It's more fun to show airstreamers , than to show my A/S ignorant friends and neighbors, who all get excited about it. (that's nice and all, but I can get better feedback from airstream owners than NONers....)

I'll post a new thread when it's done, it should be ready by Monday. My partner doesn't want me on the computer this much though....just doesn't understand.....

Poor me.