1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Midwest Memorial Day gathering Rend Lake, IL

Greetings Pat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
Ok, great. I guess I should have introduced us a little. We're Pat and Pete Benoy. Got our airstream last summer in Las Vegas where we got stuck with a little truck problem.

We maybe met up with some of you all if you were at the big Rally in Montana.
Pat
I was at the International Rally in Bozeman, and if you spent any time in the Vintage section, you probably saw my rig -- and we may have met. The photo below is from my trip to the Rally -- it was taken in Yellowstone National Park three days before the Vintage group paraded into the International:

Will be looking forward to meeting you at Whittington Woods!

Kevin

P.S.: My tow vehicle will be the same for this Rally, but I will be towing my first Airstream -- the '64 Overlander that was my introduction to camping when it was new and I was five years old:

WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander64 View Post
Greetings Pat!

I was at the International Rally in Bozeman, and if you spent any time in the Vintage section, you probably saw my rig -- and we may have met. The photo below is from my trip to the Rally -- it was taken in Yellowstone National Park three days before the Vintage group paraded into the International:

Will be looking forward to meeting you at Whittington Woods!

Kevin
Yes, Kevin we did meet you at the rally! Hope to see you again next week.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Talked to Mary at the campground tonight and we are up to fourteen trailers

This includes buddy trailers of the SOB type

There is still plenty of room for those with interest in attending

Steve
Old 05-18-2009, 11:15 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
We will hold our potluck on Saturday evening unless anyone objects to this. I think we are going to provide a desert this time around. We will also be making hot dogs, grilled ham and cheeses or turkey and cheeses for lunch on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. All are welcome.

Potluck List:
Soldiermedic-Dessert
Old 05-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #19

Currently Looking...
Chicago , Illinois
I love your caddy and miss mine terribly! There is no ride like it.
I had a 76' de ville that barely fit in my oversize garage, engine was a 350! but it had constant tranny troubles and I spent alot more on it than I had paid for it.
I am new here, from Illinois, and still searching for my silver bullet. Hope to meet some of ya' in the coming seasons.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:58 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Midwest Memorial Day gathering Rend Lake, IL

Greetings Windystream!

Welcome to the Forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windystream View Post
I love your caddy and miss mine terribly! There is no ride like it.
I had a 76' de ville that barely fit in my oversize garage, engine was a 350! but it had constant tranny troubles and I spent alot more on it than I had paid for it.
I am new here, from Illinois, and still searching for my silver bullet. Hope to meet some of ya' in the coming seasons.
I had always wanted an Eldorado Convertible -- found this one in an estate sale with 15 other collector cars -- this was the newest (in 1995). In a way it was a dream auction as I only had one competitor a used car dealer who wanted it for his lot so I was able to get a very good deal on a one-owner with 80,000 miles. Today, I am up to 120,000 miles.

There is something unique about towing a Land Yacht with a Land Yacht! The Eldorado was the topic of conversation just about everywhere I stopped for fuel last summer -- and with a trailer in tow that was VERY often -- I often wished for my Suburban's 45 gallon fuel tank -- the Eldorado's 25 gallon fuel tank doesn't have much range at between 7 and 9 MPG.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:28 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Have a great time you guys! Wish we could be there. It looks like such a wonderful spot....maybe next time.
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Well I am sorry to say we can't make it. I have to install one machine and deal with some issues they are having with the other machine I installed a few weeks ago. So I have to be in Grand Rapids on Friday and possibly part of Saturday if I don't get everything finished. The timing sucks but they are relying on me so they can get these machines running and their guys back to work.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I am thankfully nearing the end of my 72 hour shift. I have driven all over the city the past three days, and not had a chance to sleep. I am so looking forward to this weekend.

Not only will we be camping with our friends, but this weekend is our 6th anniversary, and we can celebrate with everyone the best way we can think of.

I need to plug in and start up the fridge, and Amy will load the clothing tonight when she gets home. I will bring out my (POT) smoker, and a couple pork tenderloins for the group. We also bought a double Pie iron for making sandwiches, and dessert pies. I may be receiving a package of coffee from Silver Joes before we leave tomorrow morning, but I don't know yet. I need to get a new frisbee today since I gave the other one I had to Duncan last time.

The weather looks to be hot, and the pool is open at the campground. I hope everyone's AC is up to snuff.

See you all tomorrow,

Steve
Old 05-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Central , Illinois
Safe Travels ...

You all have a great time at Whittington Woods/Rend Lake. We'll catch up with you in September at the Cape to Cairo caravan and maybe some of you even sooner at Moraine View in about 3 weeks.

Safe travels ...
Nancy and Laird
Old 05-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
We're not sure how the pot-luck works. Can we bring dessert too? A couple of dutch oven, home made apple pies? If not give us a suggestion and we'll stop at the supermarket on the way.

Brats? burgers? We're not too much into salads but can pick up a couple of those veggie or fruit things if that would work.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Stop it ........you're killin me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
we're not sure how the pot-luck works. Can we bring dessert too? A couple of dutch oven, home made apple pies? If not give us a suggestion and we'll stop at the supermarket on the way.

Brats? Burgers? We're not too much into salads but can pick up a couple of those veggie or fruit things if that would work.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Congrats on the Anniversary guys! Many more will follow i am sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
I am thankfully nearing the end of my 72 hour shift. I have driven all over the city the past three days, and not had a chance to sleep. I am so looking forward to this weekend.

Not only will we be camping with our friends, but this weekend is our 6th anniversary, and we can celebrate with everyone the best way we can think of.

I need to plug in and start up the fridge, and Amy will load the clothing tonight when she gets home. I will bring out my (POT) smoker, and a couple pork tenderloins for the group. We also bought a double Pie iron for making sandwiches, and dessert pies. I may be receiving a package of coffee from Silver Joes before we leave tomorrow morning, but I don't know yet. I need to get a new frisbee today since I gave the other one I had to Duncan last time.

The weather looks to be hot, and the pool is open at the campground. I hope everyone's AC is up to snuff.

See you all tomorrow,

Steve
Old 05-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
The potluck is very informal. You can bring whatever you like, and it doesn't matter what. Some people bring a side dish and their own meat, some people bring dessert, etc etc. We like to potluck a couple times, and leftovers from the night before are ALWAYS welcome.

My plans are a dessert, smoked pork tenderloin, and smoked shrimp, chips n salsa. Those will be scattered out over Fri-Sun. My mom is stopping in on Sunday and will bring something for Sunday evening, and a good friend and his daughter are bringing donuts one morning, and I believe a salad one night. I like to start a list so too many don't bring the same, but nobody else posted .

I believe Tinloaf and I are bringing Pie Irons to make sandwiches at the campfire for lunches on Sat and Sun. I will also bring my new hot dog roaster for lunch hot dogs.

I haven't heard, but I think that SMH x 4 made it to the grounds tonight. If you guys are reading this, please make sure you have everyone's spots ready, and the gravel level before we arrive

We can try the food list again, but there is ALWAYS plenty of food, and Kani....you and Jack need to just get up tomorrow, and drive your butts up to the rally. Pani popo!

Soldiermedic - Smoked Shrimp, Chips n salsa, dessert, pork tenderloin