Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 09:35 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Twin Cities , Minnesota
Can future Airstream owners come?

I'm a future airstream owner currently conducting research into exactly what size and age airstream I'd like to own. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have one by then, but I think it would be an excellent learning experience and a fun time!

My car is silver, would that count? I can pitch a tent and grill up some mean kabobs. I'd be swinging through Wisconsin and could stock up on some beer to share...

-Nicole
Old 02-14-2006, 10:06 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
Okay... got to ask...... and prove myself one of the card playing old farts !
Any pinnochle plyers planning on attending?
We dearly love to play but seldom get the opportunity. We play standard partners double deck military rules.
Any interest out there?

Elizabeth in Iowa
Old 02-14-2006, 10:37 PM   #23
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedars
We dearly love to play but seldom get the opportunity. We play standard partners double deck military rules.Any interest out there?Elizabeth in Iowa
never heard of any card game like this but it does sound like something i'd wanna watch!!

should fit right in with the naked coed shuffle board and the hot tub party they had last year!!

nicole
i'm sure jack would tell you even folks just wanting to peep in the airstreams are welcome! with vintage classics, newer units, mohos and argosy...you can see a full range of silver huts...even one that has a hot tub....really.

i crashed this event last year and the folks were great, the trailers fantastic and the park....sort of 50s cool. i was welcomed as a newbie and had a great time....

here's a thread with pics....
http://www.airforums.com/forum...cap-17064.html

there is another thread that covered the months leading up to the rally...it's 26 pages....

http://www.airforums.com/forum...t=moraine+view

which reveals the sort of planning and gyrations folks go through to get to these fun things.

cheers
2air'
Old 02-15-2006, 07:37 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by indefatigabl
I'm a future airstream owner currently conducting research into exactly what size and age airstream I'd like to own. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have one by then, but I think it would be an excellent learning experience and a fun time!

My car is silver, would that count? I can pitch a tent and grill up some mean kabobs. I'd be swinging through Wisconsin and could stock up on some beer to share...

-Nicole
Nicole,
We have never been to this event and this will be our first time thus I can not speak for the regulars just us. YES COME ON DOWN. If others don't want you you can share the extra room in Chummy. Remember if you are driving through Wisconsin there is only one kind of beer-Miller. My wife and I love to show off our motor home.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:48 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
We moved from Michigan to Marion, Iowa in December, so are much closer. We have just signed up to attend. Will look forward to reservation information. See you all there.

Jim & Marianne Mickle
Old 02-15-2006, 08:17 AM   #26

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
How 'bout them movies on the side of the trailer? Pretty neat....

http://www.airforums.com/forum...08-post13.html

We are going to do that segment again this year. I've got some new Airstream things to show, different from last year, and of course a movie or two. No Animal House this year!....I think we have graduated from our togas!

Silvertwinkie has volunteered for the LCD projector and flamingo-kid1 will let us again use the side of Luna. Luna has just the right amount of oxidation to make a good screen! All we hope is for dry weather.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
Old 02-15-2006, 08:22 AM   #27

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by indefatigabl

-Nicole
Ah Nicole. You are welcome to come, but FYI, the park is officially "dry" according to Illinois law. So share responsibly.......

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 02-15-2006, 09:01 AM   #28
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
FYI, the park is officially "dry" according to Illinois law. So share responsibly.......

Jack
Never stopped any of us before.....

Not all the State Parks are dry, but this one is...bring some cups with the beer....and if you need help processing some of that beer I know a few people that will be there that are up to the task!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:14 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
How 'bout them movies on the side of the trailer? Pretty neat....

We are going to do that segment again this year. I've got some new Airstream things to show, different from last year, and of course a movie or two. No Animal House this year!....I think we have graduated from our togas!

Silvertwinkie has volunteered for the LCD projector and flamingo-kid1 will let us again use the side of Luna. Luna has just the right amount of oxidation to make a good screen! All we hope is for dry weather.

Jack

My favorite movie is Eyes Wide Shut with Nicole Kidman, I'll bring my copy. I bet that will look great on the side of an Airstream.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:33 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Chaplain Kent -- Au contraire mon frère! I've had some great Capital City Winter Skål recently. And New Glarus offers a number of interesting choices! Now then .... didn't Miller alienate many when it shafted a lot of its Milt-famee workers??

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 02-15-2006, 06:02 PM   #31
_

. , .
g'day mate!

miller?
isn't that aussie beer now?

i like all of the kubrick films....
but 'eyes wide shut' might be a little much for this crowd.
also all the folks walking by from other parts of the campground...
stopped to gander at the airstream theater........including kids.

'2001 a s/o' would be safer but hey....bring 'a clock work orange', 'the shining' and 'dr strangelove' too!

or how about peter sellers movies...or chaplan...or that those other famous guy from the 20-30-40s....you know....

cheers
2air'
2air'
Old 02-15-2006, 07:16 PM   #32
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
miller?
isn't that aussie beer now?

cheers
2air'
2air'
Last time I heard it was owned by an African company.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:25 PM   #33
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Twin Cities , Minnesota
Sparkling malt beverages then?

The Winter Skal is one of my favorites, though sadly, it's only available in the winter! But much of Capital Brewery's selection can be purchased in Minnesota. Every time I go through WI, I have to bring back a small supply of Spotted Cow. New Glarus does make a lot of interesting brews though. I also like their IPA & Fat Squirrel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoe stream
Chaplain Kent -- Au contraire mon frère! I've had some great Capital City Winter Skål recently. And New Glarus offers a number of interesting choices! Now then .... didn't Miller alienate many when it shafted a lot of its Milt-famee workers??
Old 02-15-2006, 09:10 PM   #34
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
Last time I heard it was owned by an African company.
so right you are twinkmeister! the sab got brews from every continent except aussie land....
and not much i like....

leinenkugel is good (who doesn't like double butt bock) and henry's......

and if ya like cool names......dog in the fog....

cheers
2air'.....havin' a boulevard unfiltered wheat......
Old 02-16-2006, 07:36 AM   #35
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoe stream
Chaplain Kent -- didn't Miller alienate many when it shafted a lot of its Milt-famee workers??
No, please do not confuse the champagne of bottled beers with that blue collared slop, Pabst. Miller is alive and well here in Milwaukee, we can smell it everyday. The South Africans freed it from the clutches of the tobacco interest, Phillip Morris and now it thrives. Even better I can drink it again since I boy cotted Phillip Morris products.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:00 AM   #36
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
You know that all this stuff is just weak, watered down pale ale. Bring back Hamm's, Glueks, Stite or some of the other 12 per cent beers. Also like Shell's Deer Brand Beer.

From the land of sky blue waaaters. From the land of lofty balsams,---- comes the beer refreshing, Hamm's the beer refreshing.

Never have seen a lofty balsam.

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

Old 02-16-2006, 08:12 AM   #37
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
gluek stite......hmmmmm, now theres a flash from the past.....

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 02-16-2006, 11:26 AM   #38

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhawk
From the land of sky blue waaaters. From the land of lofty balsams,---- comes the beer refreshing, Hamm's the beer refreshing.

Never have seen a lofty balsam.
Oh my, memory of childhood vacations in Minnesota, listening to the radio. I hear those Hamm's tom toms beating out the cadence......

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 02-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #39
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Finally! I can post again. Just not via Mozilla.
Thinking about going. My only reservation is keeping the dog locked up all weekend.
Would anybody be interested in camping next to me & devoting some of the space to a dog pen? How big do those collapsible things go?
Chaplain, I think "Eyes Wide Shut" is a perfect choice. Indeed, wasn't it the critically acclaimed sequel to "Animal House"?
Old 02-16-2006, 03:33 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid
Would anybody be interested in camping next to me & devoting some of the space to a dog pen? How big do those collapsible things go?
Chaplain, I think "Eyes Wide Shut" is a perfect choice. Indeed, wasn't it the critically acclaimed sequel to "Animal House"?
Our dog will be with us, though he never makes any noise he also never stops moving. We would be happy to camp next to you and your dog.
I'm going to need to keep my "mouth wide shut" about that movie, I take it tough from my wife about it.
Closed Thread