Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 01:19 PM   #183
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
rally

Jack, The wife and I are still coming for Saturday to visit with all of you but the "Landshark" won't make the trip this year as it is not going to be finished in time. However I will be bringing lots of pictures and hope to get lots of ideas from your rigs....... See you there! Ed

FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
Old 04-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #184
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwe
You guys sound like a real fun crowd. Too bad you're so far away. I would love to join in on all this fun!
I have an insidious suggestion, one that may shake the foundations of what we all know. It could work. I don't want to hijack your thread so I'll whisper it: national forum rally?????

Hey, hope you all have fun at this year's Midwest rally!

John

Old 04-19-2006, 02:29 PM   #185

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
I have an insidious suggestion, one that may shake the foundations of what we all know. It could work. I don't want to hijack your thread so I'll whisper it: national forum rally?????

Hey, hope you all have fun at this year's Midwest rally!

John
John,
It's always a shame since there are so many of you folks I would like to personally meet but the distances are an issue. For most of us who are working it becomes difficult to travel any serious distance so we draw a circle from our home base and figure what is do able in a day or two. We did a Forums rally up in Mackinaw City Michigan a couple of years ago. Many of us spent a week and the campgrounds had enough room to really accommodate a crowd. It also has an inside meeting area that is available for rallies. Unfortunately we only attracted 10 to that rally.

So while national is a dream, you have to have folks who are able to make the time commitments to be there. In all honesty I think the best we might be able to do is a "super regional" rally. If any of you want to put something like this together, it can be done. We picked Mackinaw due to the pleasant summer weather, some great views from the campground and a lot to do in the area.

I've also kicked around doing something in the Branson area in the Fall. There are some great campgrounds down there, lots to see and do and the fall is probably the best time of the year to be down in the Ozarks.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
Old 04-19-2006, 04:20 PM   #186
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
I've also kicked around doing something in the Branson area in the Fall. There are some great campgrounds down there, lots to see and do and the fall is probably the best time of the year to be down in the Ozarks.. . .

ohhhhhhh! Hope you do! We'll be in Idaho early September, but if you are talking October or early November, count us in! Maybe this would draw Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Okla????????~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
Old 04-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #187
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
The TRUTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
Has anyone else noticed - the Midwest discussions are a bit tame this year?? Tracy WHERE ARE YOU????? No togas? What ever has happened here??? I, for one, hope there aren't too many grown-ups at this gig!!!

Tee Hee,
suz
Don't you think that our collective great WIT trumps a bunch of silly stuff that will never happen?

We're so GREAT that we don't HAVE to advertise what we're going to do..

(except for the blabbing about the Twister Game), we're flying well under radar, right on target, and the Camp Host never needs to know :-)
Old 04-19-2006, 10:23 PM   #188
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
I will do cartwheels. Former college cheerleader, very good at them. Still can do 20 in a row & quite often do on my way to get the mail at the end of a VERY long driveway. However, I only do left-handed ones. So I was thinking that I need to learn to do them right-handed.

But I'm quite happy to wait to master this ambidexterity until the rally because then I can get critiques & suggestions, right? Because it's very important that, as you go into a cartwheel, you launch your body vertically rather than diagonally.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:10 AM   #189
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
we are at 42 days and counting
Old 04-27-2006, 12:20 PM   #190
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
One additional thing to point out is that a fair number of the public schools in Illinois have their last day of school on the 9th (some even a few days sooner), so with the kids out and families hitting the roads, there could be fewer open sites for folks that show up. If you're planning on going, it's not a bad idea to get a reservation in....worst case, you'll loose $5 compared to any of the possible alternatives........
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 04-28-2006, 10:28 AM   #191

Fenton , Missouri
Just a thought, I'm heading up to the Airstream dealer here in the next couple of weeks. Is there anything that you all might want be to bring up to the rally that I can get from them? Shirts, Walbernize, brochures, etc...??? Obviously anything of cost would be priced at the dealer's cost with possibly Mo sales tax added in (I'll have to check on this). It obviously would save shipping charges. Obviously the dealer would have to give me these items with the intention that I'll either return unsold items and not make me pay for them in advance......I think he will trust me.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 04-28-2006, 08:12 PM   #192
4 Rivet Member

schaumburg , confusion
well it is time to start getting my baby ready for the season I just ordered a new toilet and spent all day triing to get one back plate off so I can order new brakes. It sure is tough to get bolts off that have been on for almost 30 years, but I got one off and I will do the other this weekend.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #193
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Chris,
Just apply penetrating oil or rust buster to the frozen bolts then drink chocolate milk till the bolts loosen up. Always works for me!
Al
Old 04-28-2006, 10:25 PM   #194
4 Rivet Member

schaumburg , confusion
I did and also used heated up the bolts also
Old 04-29-2006, 01:38 PM   #195
_

. , .
hi all

wow jack that list of folks is something and still growing!
have any of the local wb folks signed on?
i know many may be going to oregon....
so am i, but the midwest rally is plenty early to do both.

i'm sure a few may drop off or need to cancel before june but it will be fun to see so many air cans tucked in that 50's era state park.

i'm planning to arrive a few days early....weds i think. anyone else coming early?

i'm also planning to take some bike rides while there....so anyone that wants to venture off on some leasurely 1-3 hour rides...bring a bike!

hey here is a crazy idea.......
and perhaps you've done this before......

how about having a couple of online 'chat sessions'
for the midwest rally, in the next few weeks....
not at the regular tuesday time....
but some other day or time....
we could do this a couple of times....
many of us don't use the chat sessions,
but this might be fun and
we could discuss issues that we might not want
recorded in regular posts ......... ...
of course anyone could chat during these times
but midwest rally goers could shoot the bull...
together before the big rally.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:13 AM   #196

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
hi all

wow jack that list of folks is something and still growing!
have any of the local wb folks signed on?
i'm sure a few may drop off or need to cancel before june but it will be fun to see so many air cans tucked in that 50's era state park.

i'm planning to arrive a few days early....weds i think. anyone else coming early?

i'm also planning to take some bike rides while there....so anyone that wants to venture off on some leasurely 1-3 hour rides...bring a bike!

hey here is a crazy idea.......
and perhaps you've done this before......

how about having a couple of online 'chat sessions'
for the midwest rally, in the next few weeks....

cheers
2air'
Well unfortunately there are only two from the local unit who have reserved...and I'm one of two. There was interest in the unit, but a lot of our folks are the worker bees and that means getting up to the International early. Some are also going up in caravans so the trip will be fairly slow.

As far as getting there early, I'm coming in on Thursday so you will see us there. We did that last year also and it was nice to get the extra day.

Online chat?? Yeah that sounds interesting. Maybe we will do that sometime in the next couple to three weeks.

Jack

AIR #56
Closed Thread