Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #141
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
just sent off my reservation, requesting A12 or A13

And I will track down Tracy (aka Hot Lava) because we were in good touch till recently.

So let's hope I'll be bringing the dog, Tracy & some vegetarian dish (aside from MOI, of course)

Old 04-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #142
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Howdy Y'all

Hey there, was just trying to skim through and see what I have been missing, quite a lot... and although I'm going to miss you terribly come june, I am so very happy up here. So, here's the quicky even though it has nothing to do with the rally.

I have been living in Newport, WA, on the Idaho border, aprox one hour south of Canada, since October. I've been full timing it in my 68 Safari, which has been fun and interesting. it took me five months to find a job up here that I felt was a good one. Pay up here is TERRIBLE, but my cost of living is so low, it's alright. I had my cat with me, but he ran off a month or so ago, and although I have not been able to find him, i don't miss all of the cat hair in the A/S... Even the smallest litter box is HUGE in a small space..... Matt is staying in St.Louis, so the property is all mine for at least eight more years, we're looking into building a tiny cabin, but that may not happen this year. So as FK said, no electricity, no water... nothin but a hard shell camper... There's no road noise, I've never seen so many stars, my closest neighbors are the local mountain lion, 9 point buck, assorted turkeys, deer, which I think I'll take up hunting, because i've seen enough of them.... bobcats, LOTS of coyotes,and the usual lil' critters in the slash pile...

Importing water is an issue, and I don't want to wear down my battery before I buy a generator, so I bring home a camping shower full of water every day from work, and take a shower outside., and did I mention it hasn't been above 50 here yet? .... it's crazy, cold, and fun...... I've never been so relaxed in my entire life, I've been reading like crazy, kayaking for the first few months, but then it floated down the river... long story.

i hope all of you are doing well. I don't miss the midwest, but I miss my airstream friends.... the rally up there, even w/o my a/s was the hightlight of my year....

if you're bored, go to the very beginning of my blog, and you can see lots of pics from where i'm at...

www.northwesternadventure.blogspot.com

I can't post pics here, since my computer obviously doesn't have any juice....

thanks for all of the good times, I will eventually make it back there, hopefully next year, even if it's a Reynolds Wrap covered Tent....

Have the best of times up there, anyone who hasn't gone before, you'll have a GREAT TIME!!!! Don't forget your camera...

Take Care everyone!!!

ROn

Old 04-03-2006, 03:22 PM   #143
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hi, Ron! I just read through your Northwest Adventure--what an adventure you're having! Congratulations for heading out to the West to find some solitude and quiet. We love Wy, Mont, Idaho, but I haven't gotten into Wash or Oregon yet. Hope to soon. What's great is that you aren't just pausing a while or passing through, but you're living in place and learning so much. Best wishes with all the new adventures, ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
Old 04-04-2006, 05:34 PM   #144

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Just a note to everyone, as we get closer to June, those open reservable spots will be slipping away. Hard to believe but by Sunday of this week we will be down to about 60 days or so before the rally.

It's really important that if you want to be with the group to reserve now. Again, if you are on the fence, you can reserve and cancel and only lose $5 of your deposit. Better off than to be like the folks who couldn't get in last year because they waited till the end.

Note that even if there is a spot, Moraine View will not reserve a site on that final week since the mail may not turn the reservation around fast enough. So once you pass June 2nd, they probably will tell you its too late, and you will need to be there early to assure getting one of the open sites.

If you have your site and you haven't told me, please send me a PM. If you don't want your name posted, I will do that. I just want to make sure my count is correct for our give aways and to know that a site will have one of our folks on it.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
Old 04-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #145

Fenton , Missouri
Latest update as of 4/6/06--Important please read!!!

Toasty's Dad P30
Stl4519 P31
EH P32
RW P33
NW P34
DM P35
denellen P36
zamboni P37
norbert P38
Biloie P39
jcanavera P40
cosmotini P41
Canoe stream P42
Valhalla2Go P43
silverflash P44
jimmickle P45
Eikel1we P46
Cottage P47
Tikihut P48
Tom Nugler A03
BigAl A04
2airishuman A05
farmboydkb A06
Flamingo-kid1 A07
Silvertwinkie A08
CaptainJones A09
hookedonclassic A10
blucloud A11
summerkid A12

OK, I just got off the phone with Moriane View and have confirmed that sites P31 through P35 are reserved with the Airstream group. The problem is I don't know who these folks are, nor do I see them as forum members. So in courtesy to them, I've listed them by their initials and site number. If any of you in these sites (P31-P35) read this, please send an email to jackcanavera@yahoo.com I'd like know if you are one of the forum guests who browse the forums, or have a screen name but reserved your site under a different name.

Wow this puts the count at 28 and we still haven't heard from the bulk of the Greater St. Louis WBCCI group yet. This obviously will be a record turn out for this event.

From what I can see on the map there are 6 sites left in the main P section that are open at this time. Also sites A13-16 have not been spoken for as of yet.

A church group has already reserved sites F1 though F9. There are additional P sites, P8-23 which are also available at this time. Those sites however, are next to the lake which will require you to walk a small distance to get to the area where the campfires, dinner, and movies will be located. (Near A07).

The bottom line is we are rapidly approaching the limits of the campgrounds ability to guarantee you sites next to other forum folks, so time is of the essance. If you check out the campground map, you will see lots of other sites that are not reservable. From our experience there are many open sites (B, C, D, E) on Friday, so if you miss out on the reservable sites, my advice would be to see if you can get there on Thursday. That way you can be assured of a spot.

Campground Map

Jack
AIR #56
Old 04-06-2006, 12:09 AM   #146
Rivet Master

Yeah!

Keep up the great work Jack!
Old 04-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #147
_

. , .
amazing jack.....

what a crew. you may need a bigger place for the movies!

it'd be nice if a12-a16 were grabbed by airstreamers', since that would 'secure the grassy area between the 2 'a' rows.....for group activites and so on....

are many of the stlouie wb expected?

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:56 PM   #148
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
I'm in A12.
Hope that was the right pick rather than those other P spots.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #149

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
amazing jack.....

are many of the stlouie wb expected?

cheers
2air'
Well at this point there are 2 who hold membership in STL and the Forums also. No other reservations from any of the non forum WBCCI STL group. I posted in a notice in the March newsletter that this rally would probably be "sold out" by end of April.

The issue with them is 2 fold. First I would guess about 10 units will be heading up to International. Secondly our folks are used to someone doing all the work regarding reservations and they make up their minds at the last minute. We warned them that they were on their own. I'm concerned that by the time they make up their minds, the sites that can be reserved will be sold out.

My gut feeling is that because so many are retired, that if they decide to come up, they may get up there Thursday and fill in the B and C sections which are first come first served.

One of the things I'm beginning to think about is the table situation for dinner. The campground can't get us any more, and if you remember for Saturday dinner we borrowed a number of tables from the sites we occupied. With this many folks coming, we may have to use somebody's pickup and pick up some more from the sites further away from the dining area. The other thought is asking how many of you can haul up a folding table (assuming you have one). The final idea is that everyone consider bringing up those small individual tables (TV tables) that you can put in front of your lawn chair. That way we fill the initial picnic tables with the food.

I do have someone who volunteered a professsional PA system so we should have better sound quality for the movies. I think the A07 site will still work for the movies and campfire....we will make that final decision once we get up there knowing our final numbers.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 04-06-2006, 09:02 PM   #150
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Extra Tables

[quote=jcanavera]p>One of the things I'm beginning to think about is the table situation for dinner. The campground can't get us any more, and if you remember for Saturday dinner we borrowed a number of tables from the sites we occupied. We have TWO nice aluminum folding/serving tables, almost as big as picnic tables, and I will bring them. They're probably enough for serving. . But we wanna be the movie theatre! It can't be any more crowded than going to the REAL theatre:-)
Old 04-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #151
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
Jack I have a pick up truck that we will be able to use for table pick up
Old 04-06-2006, 09:32 PM   #152
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
bad paragraph

That last post was SUPPOSED to say:********************************************** ***********We have TWO nice aluminum folding/serving tables, almost as big as picnic tables, and I will bring them. They're probably enough for everyone's dishes.... But we wanna be the movie theatre! It can't be any more crowded than going to the REAL theatre:-)************************************************* ********But I coudln't get the edit function to work.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:15 PM   #153

Fenton , Missouri
OK thanks flamingo and Tikihut. I'm sure that will help. I think we will have plenty of room for the movie. With the improved sound, it shouldn't be a problem in hearing even with the extra bodies. The only thing we can't control is the weather....we will cross our fingers.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 04-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #154
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
it shouldn't be a problem in hearing even with the extra bodies. Jack
jack

i've got a round table that will seat 4....i'm sure others must carry these too.

regarding the sound.....since i don't hear.....if any of the films have closed captioning, it's a big plus. most of the dvd movies now and many of the software players allow this feature....just a suggestion.

don't base the artistic process on this feature....

think of it as a classy foreign film....

i pretty much had the dialog memorized for the candy/belushi flicks...

hey anyone got croquet or badminton ?
these would be fun and relatively safe....
i'm sure there will horse balls....but we need more entertainment.

i'll bring the birdie....

cheers
2air'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	big birdie.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	20235  

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Closed Thread