Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2016, 07:40 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
Mid-Missouri Boondock 2016

Well guys, with our Special Use Permit finally in hand, I'm excited to announce the 5th annual Mid-Missouri Boondock at Rudolph Bennitt Lake, October 21-23, 2016!

This is a popular annual Boondocking event for those who need a break and want to get back to nature and enjoy the fall colors in the Missouri woods. The group has a special permit from Missouri Department of Conservation to camp adjacent to the 48 acre Rudolph Bennitt Lake in Rudolph Bennitt State Park. RBSP is located 19 miles north of Columbia, MO on US Hwy 63, then 5 miles west on Route F, then 2.75 miles north on Route T, then 0.5 mile west on County Rd. 2930. Canoes, kayaks, and boats with electric motors are encouraged as the lake is beautiful this time of year, and the fishing (MO fishing permit required) has the potential to be entertaining. We will be doing a Catch & Release fishing tournament again on Saturday with Tina once again making some creative trophies, and have a campfire/potluck on Saturday evening. There is a pit toilet on site but otherwise, be prepared to boondock. Check the Airforums calendar October 21-23, 2016 to access the RSVP page.
Mount'n Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
I cannot find any thing on forums.as to rsvp. I see you finally got permit for dates. Penny and I will def. be there. looking forward to it. Bill [featherbedder]
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:12 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
HOUSE SPRINGS , MO
Here is the RSVP link: http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...c=1&redirect=1

We are looking forward to it!
Old 09-15-2016, 07:39 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
OK guys... The weather is still warm but the leaves are hinting at some color. Fall is coming! Thinking ahead, how about a big pot of venison chili for Friday night? Maybe some s'mores, popcorn or a DO cobbler? Was even thinking about making some vanilla ice cream with some "hard" root beer for adult floats...? Hmmmm.... ?

On the subject of campfires, we'll be coming from Illinois so we won't have our usual load of local firewood in the truck. I'll bring a couple of tubs of weathered lumber to burn but if some of the "local folk" can bring some wood for the campfire, that would be awesome. Otherwise, I guess we can locate a local seller for a couple days worth.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:16 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
HOUSE SPRINGS , MO
Venison chili sounds great! Thanks, Brian. We will bring hot dogs and buns in case anyone wants a chili-dog. We always travel with the goods for making 'smores, so anyone who would like a sweet treat, we'll share! I also know someone who loves ice cream, so I am sure it would be a hit!

We will bring wood. I'll check with Mr. Flowers to see if he's got an "in" on site.

Looking forward to it.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:12 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
St. Louis , Missouri
[following]

Pencil us in to arrive on the 22nd - maybe (hopefully)
Old 09-18-2016, 12:19 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Kansas city , Missouri
We won't be able to make it. Pretty much every weekend in October is full. Have a great time!
Kreimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:16 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
HOUSE SPRINGS , MO
Firewood confirmed!

I emailed with the MDC forester for this area and have applied for a permit to use wood from the conservation area. We'll be informed where the wood is located closer to our weekend and we'll just need to collect it.

I have no idea what size the wood will be. The last time it was pretty usable the way it was. However, we'll put in the splitting wedge and ax. If you've got one, go ahead and add it to your load just in case we need an extra. Don't ask me how I know this...
Old 09-24-2016, 05:36 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
If some one has genny I have small electric chain saw that works very well. I will not have room for genny as will be out Oct. 11 until mid-mo get together. Bill
Old 09-27-2016, 01:16 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherbedder View Post
If some one has genny I have small electric chain saw that works very well. I will not have room for genny as will be out Oct. 11 until mid-mo get together. Bill
I will bring small genny so won't need one from some body else. Just load less fire wood for trip.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:40 PM   #11
Member Slide Out Society

2004 28' Safari S/O
Zavalla , Texas Airstream Harbor
A little more information?

Mountain Man and group…several in our unit are interested in caravanning to your Mid-Missouri rally in October. Can you provide a little more information?… rally fees, fishing information…etc…I also went to your reservation page, but couldn't determine how to rsvp….a little more info please?
Thanks
Rockwell
Rockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:00 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
Howdy, Rockwell! You bet, the more the merrier. I have the permit for up to 12 trailers so I think we're good. Sorry for the RSVP confusion--still haven't figured out "linking" on the forums site. Check the Rally Calendar on the AirForums and that should lead you somewhere. Last resort, just mention a head count here on the thread.

There is no fee for the area although those out-of staters who choose to fish will need to purchase a non-resident fishing license ($7 daily, $42 annual) to fish. We do quite a bit of pot-lucking, so come prepared--we are the "Show-Me" state, bring a little taste of Texas!

Rather than type on and on, check out some of the previous Boondock threads on the Rally Zone: "Mid-Missouri Fall Boondock Rally", Mid-Missouri Boondock October 2014", "2013 MO-Boondock Rally, Back to Nature"... These threads will have tons of pictures and some good insight as to the fun and games.

Just remember, it is a boondock, so other than a pit toilet on site, you'll need to bring everything to survive the wilds of Missouri in the 3rd week of October. Holler on the thread or PM if you have any other questions or concerns. See you all there!
Old 09-27-2016, 07:25 PM   #13
Member Slide Out Society

2004 28' Safari S/O
Zavalla , Texas Airstream Harbor
Thanks...

Mountai'n man…thanks for the additional info…will take look at the pics of the previous rally…and we're talking it up…will rsvp as soon as I can get some commitments from our group…look forward to coming…we'll bring some Texas Cuisine with us!
Thanks..
Rockwell
Rockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:29 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Prescott , Arizona
I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK

Hey Brian, I finally remembered to look for this thread, now that it's October.
Thanks again for taking care of the permit and rally thread.

I'll bring extra firewood, and since I live in this same county (Boone), I won't be moving any of those invasive Emerald ash borers (pests).
I'll bring both of my generators for topping off batteries (no solar....yet).

Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Eric

(I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK...a tribute to Monty Python)
SilverBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:19 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
OK, Guys, Jo Ann, Genie and I are headed out for the first leg of our journey in the morning. If all goes well, we'll have some "Show & Tell" for you next week. Remember, to fill the camping pads first--keeps the neighborhood silver. We'll see you Friday
Old 10-16-2016, 12:06 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Prescott , Arizona
Full Blooded Airstreamer

Brian,
I hope your "show and tell" adventure is successful. Looking forward to seeing all of you this week.
Kathy and I will arrive by Thursday PM at the latest but possibly even Wednesday PM.
We will definitely take a pad site when we arrive.

Amazon just delivered a few Dutch Oven accessories, items such as a cooking grate and 16" tongs ( that's tongs not thongs!).

Safe travels everyone.

Eric
Old 10-17-2016, 06:05 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Will have to cancel as health prob. several [cracked ribs] and drive home over 500 miles plus about 300 miles to rally Penny will not be coming as prior special education legal commitments. Maybe next year. Bill
Old 10-18-2016, 08:11 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
Darn, hope you'll be feeling better soon!
Old 10-18-2016, 07:39 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Prescott , Arizona
Boondock

Bill, sorry to hear about all your challenges. Thank you for posting an update.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:54 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Prescott , Arizona
Headed Out Wednesday

Kathy and I should be arriving Wednesday PM before sunset.
Loaded extra firewood tonight and will load the kayaks tomorrow.
The weather is looking great.

Back by popular demand I'm making Dutch Oven:
Lemon Blueberry Biscuits
Sticky Pecan Caramel Rolls
Black Forrest Cherry Cake
And I'll add Orange Glazed Blueberry Scones for Sunday morning.
( hmm.. I think I have a sweet tooth theme)

Eric