Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Mid And Northeast Ohio Airstreamers Rally At West Branch

We are trying to gather a few mid and northeast ohio airstreamers for a rally at West Branch State Park for August 21-24. It's been a long time since we had a get together. We are planning a pot luck for Saturday night and possibly a weinie roast for Friday. Anyone coming on Thursday can either be on their own or we can all gather together and catch up on our latest camping adventures. So far we have 3 families attending. The circle we are in has full hook-up. In the middle of the circle is an area surrounded by bushes and trees with a fire ring to use as a gathering place. Nice and quiet and private. We are hoping more can attend. The area we are in right now is sites 109, 110, 111. Make your reservations now!
bob otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:26 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
B Otto
I just found this thread. We would like to come but the dates are kinda far away at the moment. We may be able to tell more bye the end of July. We are grounded at the moment for Axles. They are scheduled for production by July 4 so we will see how that comes out. We hate to schedule and then have to cancel.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:02 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
44 days and counting

Bob – 44 days and counting. I think a re-match of that one sided Euchre game we had at the Evergreen is in order. Brenda has been having a lot of fun reminding me of the final score, and its amazing how many of her friends have worked the word “Skunk” into normal conversations. - Terry
safarinight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Site #112

Larry and I have reserved our spot for this rally. We need to get some of the other Ohioans to join us! Can we keep this popped to the top of the threads so that some more folks will see it? We are looking forward to seeing all of you!
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
1977 Argosy 24
Cincinnati , Ohio
We would love to attend, but unfortunately that is a bad weekend for us.

Maybe next year....

Dave
Old 07-09-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Bob
I think we will go ahead and think positive and change our maybe. Our axles are still in a holding pattern over goodness knows where. We should know delivery dates in a couple of days. One guy has lost his job over the delay and if I have to go up there it could be more. Will keep ya informed.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
A week earlier and I would have been there. Unfortunately, these dates are during the rally I am hosting.

Maybe next time.

Steve
Old 07-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Howdy

tried to post earlier and it disappeared.

My sister Karen & I met Lou & Larry (aka Larrita) at the Summer Solstice last year. Karen lives in Akron, but we both grew up in Ravenna. I mentioned this rally to Karen and she said she'd drop by to visit if at all possible.

While I can't commit, IF I'm able to be in Ohio then (regular home is Va. Beach, VA) I'd like to at least stop by for an evening and share some good Virginia Wine with all y'all. (I know state park, but trust me it's "Kool-aid" officer).

Paula Ford
Old 07-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Come on down!

We would love to see you all! Karen and Paula, if you are in our area during this time please do stop by for a visit. We would love to meet up with you again!
Anyone planning anything this weekend in Ohio?
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
t Karen lives in Akron, but we both grew up in Ravenna.
Paula Ford
Paula,
I'm the guy you talked to in the Service Plaza in West Virginia a few weeks ago. This post peaked my interest...I was born in Ravenna. Small world!
Tom
tlavergne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlavergne View Post
Paula,
I'm the guy you talked to in the Service Plaza in West Virginia a few weeks ago. This post peaked my interest...I was born in Ravenna. Small world!
Tom
Wow, that's a lot LESS than 6 degrees of separation! I hit the A&W Root Beer stand every time I pass through Ravenna - children and grandchildren of original owners run it, and still make their rootbeer fresh daily. Tastes better than anything in a can... and even other A&W's. I think they just don't water it down and probably still use cane sugar. BUR-R-R-P.

How long did you stay there? I graduated from HS and beat feet in the 60's. (Ravenna, it ain't the end of the world, but you can see it from there!) Our favorite hangout was the city dump behind Tappan elementary school.... now for the rest of you, it was an old sand mine, and all the city dumped there was tree stumps. We dug caves in the sand, climbed the hills, caught pollywogs in the ponds, and roamed by the semi-deserted railroad tracks.

Paula Ford
Old 07-09-2008, 06:29 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
My Grandparents moved there before World War 2. My grandfather was the County Extension Agent for Portage County. My mother and her two brothers graduated from Ravenna High School in the mid-1940's. She and my dad moved back after graduating from Ohio State. My older sister and I were born there (me in 1955) and we moved to the Miami Valley soon after. But my Grandparents and family lived there for years (on Liberty Street). My Uncle taught high school there until 1972 or so.
Tom
tlavergne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Hi Lou & Larry – Sorry we missed the fun at Buck Creek last month. The grape vine's been telling me the girls stayed up late stamping at the Z's while you and bill sat around the fire. Sounds relaxing.

I will be taking the trailer to Jackson Center this weekend to get the refrigerator recall installed, and to have them check all the water seals on the roof. - Terry
Old 07-09-2008, 11:05 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Michigan

How was your trip? Yep, we did stamp our cards and have fun teaching each other new stuff...til wayyyyy late. I think Bill and Larry were a little put out with us, but we did have fun! They'll get over it! LOL
Have a good trip to JC.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-10-2008, 06:48 AM   #15
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Ravenna? Born there in 49, lived in Kent! Wife's from Hiram, also born in Ravenna. We now live in Gainesville, fl. Would like to be at the gettogether but can't. Remember those roughriders vs ravens football games?! zz
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:02 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Willoughby , Ohio
I am staffing a Wood Badge course for the Boy Scouts that weekend or we'd definitely be there (maybe next year?) - have fun!
2005 28' CCD, 2011 Sierra 5.3L, Equal-I-Zer
Empty Nesters - spending our money on OURSELVES for a change!
Steve & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Blackfoot & Wood Badge.

Hi Steve & Susan – As a Wood Badge Bear I can appreciate the time and effort staff members put into the course. Thanks for caring enough to give the time. - Terry
Old 07-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
How was your trip? Yep, we did stamp our cards and have fun teaching each other new stuff...til wayyyyy late. I think Bill and Larry were a little put out with us, but we did have fun! They'll get over it!
Lou - Bill and I have spent many nights talking until early morning so I doubt he was upset. It would have been fun to see the trailer after all that stamping though! - Terry
Old 07-10-2008, 06:19 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Punderson SP

Larry and I have decided to take a trip to Punderson SP for July 18-19th. That would be a Fri. and Sat. night. Looks like there are pet friendly sites everywhere. We would love to see some of you join us. We are on site #41. Punderson is SE of Cleveland.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Punderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Larry and I have decided to take a trip to Punderson SP for July 18-19th. That would be a Fri. and Sat. night. Looks like there are pet friendly sites everywhere. We would love to see some of you join us. We are on site #41. Punderson is SE of Cleveland.
Lou - If Brenda can get the time off we will try to make it up Saturday. - Terry