Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-30-2008, 07:13 PM   #81
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Pilgram
Unfortunately we have to think about "PUTTIN HER IN THE BARN" already.Where did it go? I know where some of it went, 9 weeks waitin for New Axles that's where!We were only fortunate enough to make 4 trips out this yr. But then we have next yr to look forward too. "Good Lord Willing"
We hope to make it out at least once more this yr.
Hope we see ya where ever.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #82
2 Rivet Member

East Harbor

Roger
So far it looks like just Terry, Brenda, Jayne and I. Everyone is welcome to come, nothing private about it. As Terry said, they are planning a one day trip to Put In Bay and anyone is also welcome to go along on that.
We'll have some kind of dinner on Saturday night, other than that no big plans. We'd love to meet you if you can make it or anyone else who wants to come along. I was thinking of making pot roast or something for the crock pot. Anyway, it tooo early to put your baby away. We wait till November 1st. No one is really in charge its just a few of us getting together to camp and relax and meet other airstreamers who decide to join us.
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I've been busy this week.
Bob
bob otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #83
2 Rivet Member

Dates for East Harbor

Sorry Roger, forgot to give you the dates. September 11th(Thurs) thru Sunday 14th.
We have reserved sites C5 and C6
BB
Old 08-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #84
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Thanks BOB
Roger
Old 09-01-2008, 04:17 PM   #85
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Ohio Traveler e-magazine

I get an Ohio Traveler E-magazine every month which features places in our great state. This new month's edition has been a lucky find and gives information about some the Lighthouses of Lake Erie and mentions all of those that are in the vicinity of East Harbor. Plus it has information on Marblehead and the Islands. Thought that some of you who are signing up to go to East Harbor would enjoy reading it. I hope the link works. You can sign up for a free e-magazine subscription too.
Ohio Travel Ohio Tourist Ohio Attractions Ohio Tourism Ohio Vacations Ohio Events

Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:27 PM   #86
Rivet Master

1999 27' Safari
Kent , Ohio
There is so much to do up there. African Safari is great with kids. Mystery hill, another goo one. and so much on each Island
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #87
4 Rivet Member

Hello All. For the East Harbor Rally We cant make the weekend with the trailer but still would like to visit Saturday night. What would everyone like us to bring. Will drive up in the Convertible hopefully, but it isn't as classic as a Cadillac towing a vintage Airstream.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch.
Pulled by a 2019 F350 Superduty Limited.
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:12 AM   #88
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Hi ALL
We have decided to come to East Harbor if we can get a spot. I have tried to reserve a spot with no luck yet. Ill keep try'n and let ya know if we get one. We have a reason to come.This was my area for many yrs when I first came to Ohio.
Al and Shin hope to see ya. Mustang hope u can come. Bob count us in.
Lou I don't U need an AC ,U need to give yourself a break from Band BOOSTERS
Hope to see ya all there I have no idea what we will bring,I'm sure MaryLou will figure out something.
Roger
Old 09-03-2008, 06:21 AM   #89
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Ok Im havin problems with the site. Last night I could see C 8/9/10/ available now only c 13 /14 /15 I know they did disappear over nite.
Am I keying in the wrong criteria?. Please advise Back in or full service
Roger
Old 09-03-2008, 09:10 AM   #90
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Why don't you just call the park office there and tell them where you want to be? ...like near C5 and 6 and see whether they can give you a nearby spot.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #91
2 Rivet Member

Reservation

Roger
We are in full service. But right across from us are pull thrus with full hook up, if I am not mistaken. A lot of sun there, but you would be close. Bring whatever you want. We'll eat anything. I think I'm going to make a pot roast in the crock pot.
Al and Shanim-dessert would be nice, but make whatever you want. But dessert sounds good.
I'm not sure what day others are going to Put in Bay and not sure that they will make it back in time for the pot luck.
Also the P & S Rally is at Battery Park over the weekend and I am planning on wandering over there one day to see what's going on, if you would like to come along. Either Friday or Saturday.
BB
Old 09-03-2008, 03:53 PM   #92
2 Rivet Member

Sites

Roger
All I am seeing available is in the area of electric back in and site are like
C106, 109.C110 in that area. Which is still not going to be that far from us. Those lanes are long and 2 sided so they can't be that far apart. We're just thrilled that you are coming. We will be within walking distance even if we have to come to you. We look forward to meeting you both.
BB
Old 09-03-2008, 04:11 PM   #93
4 Rivet Member

Ok I let Shinim know dessert is requested,what time is the expected potluck planned for.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch.
Pulled by a 2019 F350 Superduty Limited.
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #94
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
Newbury , Ohio
Rivet Hello & add another Airstream

I just made reservations for the nights of 9/12 & 9/13. I grabbed site C14, which I believe is in the same row as the others. We are certainly looking forward to meeting some fellow Airstreamers. As for our participation, unless someone knows what we should contribute, I will wait to determine what is needed.

ps. does anyone know if the campground gets TV reception? I know, I know... But, I believe OSU plays USC on 9/13 and this is one opportunity for me to cheer on the Buckeyes.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #95
Rivet Master

1999 27' Safari
Kent , Ohio
In the 70s my parents watched the impeachment of president Nixon there in our starcraft popup, so back then it did.
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:29 AM   #96
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
p & s rally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob otto View Post
Roger
We are in full service. But right across from us are pull thrus with full hook up, if I am not mistaken. A lot of sun there, but you would be close. Bring whatever you want. We'll eat anything. I think I'm going to make a pot roast in the crock pot.
Al and Shanim-dessert would be nice, but make whatever you want. But dessert sounds good.
I'm not sure what day others are going to Put in Bay and not sure that they will make it back in time for the pot luck.
Also the P & S Rally is at Battery Park over the weekend and I am planning on wandering over there one day to see what's going on, if you would like to come along. Either Friday or Saturday.
BB

Did I miss this announcement re: the P & S Rally? Per thier website,
40th Anniversary Rally
Sept 11-14, 2008

Held at The Sandusky County Fairgrounds
901 Rawson Ave. Fremont, Ohio 43420

Is thier a second one?
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #97
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Hey BOB
We are all set, we have C13 reserved. Dan I guess I saw that two but only paid half attention. I'd like to wander over there also and meet those guys. ITs Steve and Kevin I think whom I asked alot of questions of before we purchased ours. They had one just like it. They answered all my questions and then some. Very Nice People!
Roger
Old 09-04-2008, 05:46 PM   #98
2 Rivet Member

Pot luck

Lets plan on 6:00 for the pot luck. So far on the menu we have pot roast and dessert.
As for the P & S Rally, Bob is planning on wandering over there on Friday or Saturday. Our local Akron Unit is at that rally and we have been in touch with them. Gary Auman, our Akron Unit leader has said that he sees no problem with us dropping by and checking it out. Plus there is also the trip to the island if anyone is enterested in going. You have to discuss that with Terry and Brenda. They are going to the island, just not sure what day.
Glad to have a few more folks coming along.
BB
Old 09-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #99
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Hi BOB
To go with pot roast,hummmm, I'll ask MaryLou about deviled eggs. Problem with them is they evaporate very quickly. Maybe someone will chime in wiff something else and we will have a meal after all. Bob 6pm potluck what nite.?
I havn't gone hungry at one of this things yet.
Roger
Old 09-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #100
2 Rivet Member

Pot Luck

I was thinking around 6:00 on Saturday night. Is that a good time for everyone? If not, chime in.
BB