Old 08-21-2008, 06:29 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
Hi, We found this thread this morning (just in time). We're bringing a couple packages of brats and buns for Friday evening. I want to try a favorite beer recipe in the dutch oven. We've done it in the oven and on the grill, but this will be the first in cast iron. We were also planning a beef tip shepard's pie for Saturday evening. If you think that's too much on the meat side of things, we could changed to a pot of baked beans as a side dish?
Do you guys remember fondue pots in the seventies? How a bout a chocolate fondue one evening? We're bringing all the gear and makings - just need to pick the time.

Marie and I are looking forward to meeting you,

Roy

Old 08-21-2008, 07:15 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
hi

We are glad that you found the thread. We have been trying to pop it to the top of the list so that more folks would catch it. We will be glad to see you. Your "goodies" sound delicious! Most of the time we all throw together a main dish and bring a side dish as well. But it is a "come with what you have" kind of group. We love cooking and eating, and having a laid back campout together. Last time we all did this we ended up sharing leftovers and campfire goodies for most every meal, and it was "good eats" the whole weekend.

Larry and I are headed out this afternoon, so see you on Fri. If you need to get in touch I will PM you with our cell.
Lou and Larry

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #59
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
Newbury , Ohio
Hello, I think we decided to join too late. We could not find a campsite in area you mentioned. Not sure if you people are still monitoring, if anyone decides to cancel let me know. The only site available is 178, I'm not sure the distance that would be from the group.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:36 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Kent , Ohio
I wanna go!!! I hope you guys have a good time it will be hot.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:22 AM   #61
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Kent , Ohio
A buddy of mine ( nonairstream ) is also camping at west Branch this weekend and he told me this morning, his wife went to reserve the spot and there were airstreams everywhere. 2 spots left in the whole campground. She asked if I wanted 1 but I cant. It looks like you guys and gals are going to have fun, I might take a ride out and see.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:34 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
Mustang,
Your friend John and his wife stopped by to say hello and let us know you might be able to visit. Wish you could have, there were lots of good folks, excellent conversation, and way too much good food.

Photos to follow ( have to download them first ),

Roy
Old 08-24-2008, 07:47 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
back at home

Thanks you all for a wonderful weekend. & Thanks again to Jayne and Bob for the setup work and all the great food, grillwork, campfire etc. There was lots of GREAT fellowship and Larry and I had a really good time. Everyone pitched in together as usual with tables, tents, food, drink etc. And It WAS HOT!!! Mustang and rslaymaker, Steve and Susan, and some of the rest of you Ohioans, we are sorry that you did not get to come. Maybe next time.
It is looking like the next get together is forming up for East Harbor in Sept.11-14th I think. Is that right, Terry??
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #64
66CHROMEDOME

1966 22' Safari
canal fulton , Ohio
End of Rally

Hi everyone. Hope everybody had a safe trip home. We just wanted to thank everyone who had the guts to show up and endure the HEAT.
I personally want to thank Shanim, Al and Lou for making breakfast on Sunday morning, I don't think I could have cooked another thing.
The trip to East Harbor is so far just a couple of campers. Terry and Brenda and Bob and I. Anyone else who would like to try to come is more than welcome, but we are keeping it simple. No big plans. I know Terry and Brenda and Annie are planning a trip to the island one of the days.
We are just planning on sitting and relaxing this time. And Lou is correct on those dates.
Hey Roy and Marie-just wanted to say once again how delicious the peach cobbler was. Not to mention the chocolate fondue. Thanks so much for going to the trouble.
Finally, we have to thank Terry and Tim for bringing another grill and helping cook all the food on Saturday night. THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Jayne and Bob
Old 08-25-2008, 02:44 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Kent , Ohio
I love East harbor, I practically grew up , up there. I hope to make that one. Thanks for the advanced notice. I might get 2 camp outs in 1 month, Akron unit is at Meadow Park wooster also sept.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:57 PM   #66
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
Newbury , Ohio
Sorry we missed this one... It sounds like it was a hit. Actually, we attempted to stop by on Saturday afternoon and my GPS left me hanging. I think we were about two miles from the park. I was extremely disappointed. I will attempt to make the one at East Harbor, is there any details on this one? Like were in the campground people will be staying?

-Robert
Old 08-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
East Harbor

Jayne and Bob, Terry and Brenda,
What sites do you have for this? I went and looked and found some still available in area 3.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-25-2008, 06:11 PM   #68
4 Rivet Member

Bob and Jayne thanks for a wonderful rally. The food was excellent as always. It just tastes better outdoors and with friends.I don't know if we can camp at east harbor but perhaps we can drive up and visit. Keep us posted on the whereabouts and times for say Saturday night dinner. When I volunteer Shinim for something specific I seem to get myself in trouble. So if we come lets just say Shinim will make something sure to please.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch. Pulled By 2010 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Megacab
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:20 PM   #69
4 Rivet Member

Here are some pics from West Branch Rally. Didn't get pics of everyones trailers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	West Branch 08 001.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	66226   Click image for larger version

Name:	West Branch 08 006.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	66227  

S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch. Pulled By 2010 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Megacab
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:59 AM   #70
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
What a week.

Brenda and I would also like to thank Bob and Jayne for the great sites, and the time they spent cooking over three grills for the potluck!

The East Harbor outing has no activities planned. The days are open so each can do what they want. We will have a camp fire each night, and a simple potluck Saturday night. Brenda, Andrea, Tim, and I will be taking the ferry to one of the Islands Saturday. We like to rent a golf cart to explore the sights, visit the shops, and sample the food. If anyone is interested in coming along meet up with us Saturday morning.

http://www.put-in-bay.com/
http://www.kelleysislandchamber.com/default1.htm

Iím not having a great week so farÖ. A rear sway bar linkage broke on my Mazda Monday. The broken link is next to a fuel line so I stopped driving it while waiting for the parts to come in. OkÖ I can us the van we tow with to get to work. Last night the driverís side window fell into the door when I pressed the down button. Did I mention it was raining real hard last night? Itís hard to look manly driving a conversion van with the window down during a thunder storm, and yes traffic was moving at a snails pace due to all the accidents. A chilling experience. With no room in the garage (broken Mazda, disassembled motorcycle) I took the van to our trusty open till midnight Ford garage (no comments about ford garages needing to stay open till midnight please) only to find they had to order parts. Ok thenÖ. Iíll stay home and work on Brendaís honey do list. Normally I would look real interested in the list and wait for her to go to work before taking off on the bike or playing on the computer. Did I mention my laptop died Sunday and is in the hands of some high school Best Buy Geek Squad expert? With the bike, car, van, and laptop all down waiting for parts Iím beginning to wonder if a higher power is telling me to actually work on Brendaís list????

#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio
safarinight is offline   Reply With Quote