Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-31-2008, 06:00 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by safarinight View Post
We would have liked to be there but something came up in the office. One of my peers resigned after the summer vacation schedule was approved. With three engineers available to cover a certain project management approved vacation for two of us during the same week. When the third engineer resigned the office was left with no one to ensure things keep working. Since the project is mine I adjusted my vacation to avoid issues.

Brenda and I are wagon masters for the CFC September outings so perhaps we will see you at Deer Creek State Park.
Terry & Brenda,

Can't make the Deer Creek S.P. outing. Next weekend is the Hocking Hills S.P. outing. That will be our final for this year. Conflicts keep us from returning to Delaware and to Deer Creek. Looks like we'll have to wait until next year to see you guys. Hope you got everything cleared up and ready to go at J.C. How long was your Safari there? Talk with you again.
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:50 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
October camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrim View Post
Terry & Brenda,

Can't make the Deer Creek S.P. outing. Next weekend is the Hocking Hills S.P. outing. That will be our final for this year. Conflicts keep us from returning to Delaware and to Deer Creek. Looks like we'll have to wait until next year to see you guys. Hope you got everything cleared up and ready to go at J.C. How long was your Safari there? Talk with you again.
It looks like we will be hosting the Deer Creek outing in October instead of September. The Dates are October 16-19. In addition to the Deer Creek, we will also be attending the annual OSU/Penn State rally hosted by Ohio Rally. This year's site will be in Amish country at the Evergreen Park Oct 23-26. Why not join us in October? It would be nice to have more Airstreams at the OSU/Penn State rallies.
#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio
safarinight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #43
2 Rivet Member

Soon

Is everybody about ready? We can't wait. Bob has a tractor show this weekend. We took the airstream down on Sunday. Will be camping out there Thurs thru Sunday.
His first tractor show. Yep he bought a 1940 Model L John Deere. It's small and he loves it. He's just taking it he's not showing it this year. He's going to be delivering the water for all the steam tractors. His buddy is taking like 6 tractors. He's excited. It's at the Dover Fairgrounds. The show starts Friday.
bob otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Family Scheduling Conflict

Bob
MaryLou and I are very sorry that we will not be able to attend because of a family gathering on the 24th in Michigan.We will already be there for the Detroit-Metro Rally so we have oppted to stay in Michigan for an extra week and attend the celebration of the many family birthdays for the month of August,including my mother's 96th birthday. I'm sure you realize the importance of us being there. We did so want to attend. Maybe next year.
Hope you all have a great time.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:47 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Great!

Sounds like Bob is going to have fun. Is he going to be going to tractor shows and steam engine shows too? LaGrange Engine Show will be held at the Lorain Co. Fairgrounds in Wellington, the third weekend of Sept. Larry and I will be there serving with the band boosters. It is always a great show and they have a huge flea mkt. etc.
This weekend we will be going off to Punderson again for the Dock Dog Event with the greyhound group and everyone. Zora and Vega will be jumping. Larry and I have reserved a campsight at Punderson so that we don't have far to travel to get to the Metro Parks at Moreland Hills. Jayne and Bob, are you going to take your two girlie greyhounds to the event?
We are looking forward to getting to West Branch! Hope to see you all there!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:47 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

Punderson

Hi Lou
I think that is the weekend we are going to East Harbor, not sure though.
All Bob has bought is the tractor, he hasn't bought a trailer to haul it yet. I guess he could drive it upand we would see him about a week later
We have this weekend and next weekend and then East Harbor in September and Evergreen in October. We'll see if we can work anything else in. I'm hoping so.
We'll see you next weekend.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #47
2 Rivet Member

TOOOOOO Bad

Hi Roger
Sorry to hear that you will be unable to attend. Understandable. I attended one of those parties last Saturday. All the August birthdays. At least it gets them all out of the way and it gives you an extra week of camping.
Be safe in your travels and hopefully we will see you next year at one of our functions.
Have a wonderful time in Michigan.
Bob and Jayne
Old 08-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Get rolling!

Larry and I are getting psyched up for the West Branch rally. We thought we would pop this thread to the top tonight. We are looking forward to seeing everyone there. Have to work on the menu and get the trailer repacked. We will be going down to the park on Thursday sometime. Hope you are all ready to roll as well!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-18-2008, 09:12 PM   #49
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
Newbury , Ohio
Hello Northeast Ohio!!!

Just checking to see if this thread is still active. Unfortunately, I don't think the dates will work for us. We are heading down to the Miami U. versus Vandy football game in southwest Ohio. We would have loved to popped in with our camper, maybe next time.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #50
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
Newbury , Ohio
Lightbulb

Sorry to jump into your conversation...

Actually, I am not sure if this will get attached to your questions on Punderson. Anyhow, we are big fans of the park. Actually, we live about one mile away, so we can't justify camping there. But what I have seen of the campground, it is pretty impressive. Also, the lodge has a great Sunday morning buffet, indoor & outdoor pool. I really think you will enjoy it and also, Chagrin Falls is about five or so miles away. Another great place to grab a bite, Rambling Inn (may not look too great from the outside, but the food is very tasty). Take a left out of Punderson and it is located on the corner of route 87 and Munn Road. Tell Bill and Nicole that I sent you.

PS. You may want to consider trading in one of those newer Airstreams for one of the vintage kind. We have two, 1965 and 1963. Yes, we have minor leaks from time to time, have a rivet gun handy, etc. But we are look at 40+ years and many, many miles. Just joking - enjoy the park.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:02 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
too bad

We spent last weekend at Punderson. Our second trip to the area. We are so busy during the Dock Dog events that we don't have much time to find the restaurants. We will have to keep that one in mind for one of our next trips.
Larry and I have a 1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 metre. We would love to meet you sometime. Too bad that you won't have a chance to stop and visit with us all at West Branch. We are going down on Thurs. afternoon to get the rally started! Stop in if you get a chance. We have a few other get togethers planned before the end of the camping season. Maybe you will be able to join us at another one. Will try and keep you posted.
Lou and Larry....LaGrange, OH
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #52
2 Rivet Member

menu

Hi everybody. Are we all ready for the rally. Menu is going to be beef or pork and chicken. Terry and Bob are both bringing the home grills. So not to worry. I think I will also make a few shishkebab. Planning on getting some fresh corn. Not to worry, I don't think anyone is going to go hungry.
Weinies on the grill for Friday. Thursday is kind of a punt. On your own or get together. Maybe burgers. We'll see. I just think it's easier to not make any big plans the first night and let folks settle in and then figure it out. Breakfast is always a winner. Wishing everyone a safe trip there and looking forward to seeing everyone.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #53
2 Rivet Member

Menu

OK-It's official. On the grill for Saturday. Western ribs, chicken breast and a few whole chicken legs and a few shishkebabs. Stopped today and bought some fresh corn, bringing a big kettle to cook on the campfire. Bring anything else you would like to have. As we all know, none of us are picky eaters.
Friday-Weinie roast. I have 2 pkgs of hot dogs and 2 pkgs of mild Italian sausage. I also got 4 pkgs of buns. Making brownies tommorrow and bring those out whenever anyone wants them.
We are sooooo looking forward to this. Hope you all are tooooooo.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:18 PM   #54
2 Rivet Member

Menu

Thought maybe I had better clarify the grill menu. We bought a dozen western ribs, 4 whole chicken legs and 1/2 dozen chicken breasts. These are for everyone. Plus I am going to make a 1/2 dozen or so shishkebab. If there is any other meat you have a preference for, you'll have to bring it along and Bob or Terry will be more than happy to grill it up. Bring any covered dish you like.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #55
2 Rivet Member

Menu update

Hi again. Just wanted to clarify the grill menu for Saturday. We bought a dozen western ribs, 4 whole chicken legs and 1/2 dozen chicken breasts. I also plan on making 1/2 dozen or so shishkebab. This is for everyone to share at the potluck. If there is any other meat that you have a preference for, bring it along and Bob or Terry will be more than happy to throw it on the grill. Otherwise bring any covered dish you like. Desserts qualify also. Everybody likes dessert.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:50 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
menu

I am bringing a big tub of homemade macaroni salad, some cauliflower and broccoli to steam, some hot dogs, buns and brats. I also have some of those huge soft pretzels and cheese sauce to nuke. That ought to keep us busy!
See you all on Thursday! Safe travels!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-21-2008, 05:29 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
Hi, We found this thread this morning (just in time). We're bringing a couple packages of brats and buns for Friday evening. I want to try a favorite beer recipe in the dutch oven. We've done it in the oven and on the grill, but this will be the first in cast iron. We were also planning a beef tip shepard's pie for Saturday evening. If you think that's too much on the meat side of things, we could changed to a pot of baked beans as a side dish?
Do you guys remember fondue pots in the seventies? How a bout a chocolate fondue one evening? We're bringing all the gear and makings - just need to pick the time.

Marie and I are looking forward to meeting you,

Roy
64airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:15 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
hi

We are glad that you found the thread. We have been trying to pop it to the top of the list so that more folks would catch it. We will be glad to see you. Your "goodies" sound delicious! Most of the time we all throw together a main dish and bring a side dish as well. But it is a "come with what you have" kind of group. We love cooking and eating, and having a laid back campout together. Last time we all did this we ended up sharing leftovers and campfire goodies for most every meal, and it was "good eats" the whole weekend.

Larry and I are headed out this afternoon, so see you on Fri. If you need to get in touch I will PM you with our cell.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-21-2008, 04:55 PM   #59
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
Newbury , Ohio
Hello, I think we decided to join too late. We could not find a campsite in area you mentioned. Not sure if you people are still monitoring, if anyone decides to cancel let me know. The only site available is 178, I'm not sure the distance that would be from the group.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1999 27' Safari
Kent , Ohio
I wanna go!!! I hope you guys have a good time it will be hot.
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote