Old 12-26-2008, 09:34 PM   #183
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Omg

We are so sorry to hear of Becky's accident. That is a trauma that nobody needs. We hope that she will keep mending quickly and be able to put this behind her without further incidents. I know that she is crying over the car, clothes and embarrassing moments. But she is alive and that is the best news! Perhaps she will be able to enjoy picking out a NEW replacement car soon. Hopefully, the insurance will help with all of the hospital and therapy bills, plus replacing the car. Geez!!!
Reed, please PM me your home address so that I can send her a card by USPS.
Our best to you both!
Lou and Larry

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:34 AM   #184
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Becky Brenda and I were very sorry to hear about the accident. We hope are feeling better. If there is anything we can do please let us know.

#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio
safarinight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #185
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
1961 26' Overlander
Harmony , Pennsylvania
A very happy, healthy, and travel filled New Year wish to everyone.

I can't wait for good weather! A friend gave us a Woodall's book for Christmas so I can at least read that and dream of all the places that I would like to go. I look forward to seeing my new AS friends again.

Happy New Year!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:58 PM   #186
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Sad News

For those who attended the West Branch rally this year and met my friends Jeff and Laura Butts, I would like to post a message from Laura.

I wanted to let you all know that my husband, Jeff, passed away early this morning. (complications from pneumonia) He fought a very long, valiant fight with disability and disease. I am confident that he is where there is no longer any suffering and that we will see him again. We're not sure yet on arrangements yet other than it will be in Sunbury, Ohio at the Devor Snyder Funeral Home. Funeral will be at Vineyard Church of Delaware County on route 36/37 in Sunbury. My brother and his family have come in from Indps, so we may want to do Monday and Tues and not delay it later into the week and make them travel back and forth. Monday is also a holiday. My parents are flying in from Florida tonight. Jeff's parents are sad.

Please know that the kids and I are greatly saddened, but we also know that he is much better off now and not feeling pain, frustration, and sickness anymore. I do believe that he was ready to go and looking forward to meeting his Saviour with great anticipation..
Love to all,
Laura
#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio
safarinight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #187
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Our sympathy

We were glad to have met Laura and Jeff. We are so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Terry. His family will be in our thoughts and prayers. We hope he has passed on to a more peaceful and painfree place. We wish his family strength to get through these difficult times without him.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 03-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #188
66CHROMEDOME

1966 22' Safari
canal fulton , Ohio
Camping 2009

Is anyone planning anything in June or July. We all need somewhere to go. Maybe somebody better get on the ball and get something going. Anywhere is good as long as it is in OHIO, Michigan or Indiana.
BB
Old 03-15-2009, 06:35 PM   #189
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Camping!!! Yay!

Larry is working on the top of the minuet to try and find a leak and figure out what to do with the AC. My mom passed away on Mar. 6th and we are ready to go camping when Larry gets it done. We have guests coming to driveway camp on Mar. 28th to check out their trailer. Wanna come and join the bonfire.Sat. night..weather permitting???
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 03-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #190
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Lou
Tell Larry to go out in the backyard and dig up some of them jars he has buried out there and buy a new ac, cause you are worth it.
Its begun! I went out and got my second lawnmower for 2009 and turned it today. I have my stuff to get ready also, I have grass too ya know. It seems My stuff is always the last to get ready ,NOT THIS YR.
I hope the trend keeps up, its been a hard winter for us here.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #191
66CHROMEDOME

1966 22' Safari
canal fulton , Ohio
Mom

Lou
Bob and I are so sorry to learn about the loss of your mother. She was such a wonderful artist. I remember when we driveway camped at your place and you shared her artwork with us. It's definitely a loss.
We will try to come up on the 28th, but can't make any promises right at the moment. Never sure if Bob will be in town.
And yea, get the a/c fixed.
Jayne
Old 03-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #192
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
driveway rally today

We had a really great time with the newbies, Jason and Andrea and 2 little ones. What cuties those two little guys are. Larry and Jason set right to work on figuring out what they could on the 1974 Sovereign. Looks like Jason will have to be a plumber and an electrician for a little while. We got our campfire in and the rain held off! Al and Shinim were able to join us for dinner and she brought a fabulous sandwich cookie, chocolate and peanut butter filling) for dessert. We are way spoiled again...too much food and too little time. But it was a nice opening day for the camping season. I am sorry that Jayne and Bob did not get to be here. We hope that this kicks off a great season! Driveway camping is a good thing!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #193
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Bob was sayin plan sumpin for June or July, I say, why wait that long?? Things have been fair here business wise,not covered by any means. Sign of the times I guess. We could pull out within a few days notice. Trailer is still winterized and will be for a few days yet after looking at this weeks forcast from the weather liars. I think if someone had an idea fer about the last week in the month might be good.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #194
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
Becky and I will bring our AS home on the 23rd to get all contents loaded for the summer - clothes, sheets, etc.. and all things we took off W-A-Y last October. We'll plan to spend someplace that week end but as of yet, we don't know where that will be. BIG antique show in Granville on May 15, 16 so we'll be at Dillon that Thurs. thru Sunday. We're having a great time planning our trips for the summer and fall. We'll be in Indiana, Illinois and Wisconsin in September and Washington DC (Cherry Hill CG) for 8-9 nights in October. Looking forward to new parks and CGs in Ohio during the summer. Lebanon, Amish country, perhaps Maumee Bay and wherever else we can get away to during June, July and August. Let us know what anyone is planning and we'll try to make it there if we can.

Becky has recovered very nicely from her auto accident - still has some back pains which we expect to continue for quite some time. She likes her "new" automobile. Second time she was driving it she got pulled over by the State Patrol - doing 70+ in a 55 zone. She expained her "new" car to the trooper and managed to convince her that she wasn't a speeder - got off with a warning. Sorry to hear of Lou's loss - that is something we know we have to look forward to as Becky's mother will turn 98 this year. We try to visit as often as we can.

Keep posting where you're planning to spend some time so we can plan accordingly. Looking forward to another season of 'streaming. Happy Trails to all and we look forward to seeing you all during the summer.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #195
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Ohio friends

Larry and I have been camping once already. We were at West Branch last weekend. Dry camping. We will be ready to go anytime now. Not going to dewinterize til this freezing stuff gets by us. Jason and Andrea came up and did a "newbie" driveway campout with us. That was fun too.
This coming weekend, our courtesy parking spot has "Big Al" and wife coming to spend the weekend with us by Sat.! We look forward to having them with us for Easter dinner. ctdair and family will join up with us for dinner too. Dinner is at 6-6:30ish on Sunday. If any of you Ohio friends want to come for dinner bring some "goodie" dish to share and come on over!!! Let us know so we know how much turkey to plan! PM me if you need the address and phone number.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #196
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Looking out the window

It seems funny to be thinking about camping when there are at least 3-4 in. of snow outside the kitchen window. Larry says that it seems funny to be thinking about Easter dinner when there is that much snow on the ground. Oh well, we will be here, hoping for a warm up! Company will arrive from Canada on Sat. to camp with us. I hope the snow is gone by then!

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2