Old 09-09-2008, 06:02 PM   #127
66CHROMEDOME

1966 22' Safari
canal fulton , Ohio
Friday Night

Anyone wanting a weenie roast on Friday, chime in. Does not matter to us if that is what everyone wants to do. Just let us know. We just need to know what day is being planned to invade the P & S Rally and when they plan on returning from it.
Stuffed shells sounds wonderful to me, love em. Hey Lou, what's the meat dish, you didn't say.
So far we have for pot luck: pot roast, other meat dish, stuffed shells, potato salad, dessert, deviled eggs. That's all I can remember from all the posts.
Sounds like half of the guests are fur covered. If Al and Shanim bring their 2, I think the total of furbies is 10.
Sorry, we weren't online yesterday, so missed a bunch of posts.
Asleep at the wheel.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #128
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Hotdog! Hotdogs!!

Thought a weenie roast would be a good idea for Fri.arrivals! We will hope for the rain to stay at bay! Looks like the weekend is iffy. But who knows. We will be prepared either way.
Bob and Jayne, I am bringing a chicken dish for the other meat. That way if there are some who don't eat red meat we will be all set. Also planning to bring a couple of melons to cut up for a side dish. I am sure that we will have plenty.
Lou

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #129
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
We purchased weenies and buns today so we are ready for that. MaryLou gathered the fixin's fer the tAter salad and the eggs So I guess we are all set, Here! We just need the weather to co-operate
Forcasts are actucally callin for rain Sat & Sun.For HERE
Let hope it don't make it that far north.
Roger
Old 09-10-2008, 06:45 AM   #130
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
1961 26' Overlander
Harmony , Pennsylvania
Weenie roast sounds good to me.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:47 PM   #131
66CHROMEDOME

1966 22' Safari
canal fulton , Ohio
Thumbs up Hotdogs it is

Alright, decision made. I picked up some beef brats and buns today, chips and am taking along the fixins for macaroni salad. Everyone have a safe trip and we will see everyone either Thurs or Friday. This is Bob and Jayne signing off.
BB
Old 09-10-2008, 05:21 PM   #132
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
uh oh

Like minds! and all that! I made homemade macaroni salad today and put it in the frig. already. We will see you up at camp. We will leave tomorrow afternoon. Larry is still at work on the trailer. Have a safe trip.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #133
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Hi ALL
We will be pulling out from the Dayton Area somewhere around 11 ish Tomorrow(THURS) GOOD LORD WILLING. HAVE A SAFE TRIP EVERYONE
See ya at the Park
Roger and MaryLou
Old 09-11-2008, 09:25 AM   #134
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
packing up

We are packing the last of the items that must go! The park website says that there is wifi, so I am popping in the laptop. We will see!!!! See you all there!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #135
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Have fun you all! Be sure to post pictures when you can. Wish we were there with ya. If you haven't got rallies out of your system by October come on up to Mackinac.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #136
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
Newbury , Ohio
We have decided to cancel our trip for today. If the weather does something unpredicted, like not rain, we will attempt to come for Saturday night. I am truly disappointed... I am guessing this is the last trip for the year. Anyhow, maybe the forecast will change, I can fix the leak in my sunroof, and we can make over to the campground.

Take care.

-Robert
Old 09-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #137
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
Hey,

We don't need to "hope" you have a good time, because we KNOW you'll have a good time. We just wish we were there with you.

I'll be especially jealous knowing you're crashing the P&S Rally while I'm at the plant.

Have fun!!!

Roy and Marie
Old 09-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #138
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
1961 26' Overlander
Harmony , Pennsylvania
home again

We got home a little while ago, with no problems en route. Of course, the weather was sunny and beautiful the whole way.

It was great meeting all of you, and Frank and I thank you all again for the warm welcome and the hospitality. Right after we got home I asked him, "So where are we going next?"

We had some company on the way home too.....another Pa. AS was behind us for awhile, but we were too pokey and they passed us and went on.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:28 PM   #139
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Beautiful day

It was a very pretty day to travel home. We arrived safe and sound too. We had a great time despite the rainy weekend. As usual, good friends and good food! Very nice group of folks. We were delighted to meet the new folks, "wannaroam" and "rslaymaker" families. We were sorry that rslaymaker family did not get to stay but we really understood. Trying to keep 3 kids and 2 doggies busy in a small AS during a rainy weekend is a chore! Much easier at home. But we hope that they will join us at the next. Larry and I are hoping to camp right through Oct. So we hope that some of the rest of you will join us again soon.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-14-2008, 06:42 PM   #140
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
Sounds like you all had a GREAT time. Wish we could have been there BUT we are having a grand time in Virginia. At the present time we are in the Misty Mountain Campground - beautiful CG 0 all the amenities plus WIFI. Our first time for complete hook ups. We could get used to this! Yesterday we visited Monticello and Ash Lawn (James Monroe's home). Today we spent five hours, YES, 5 HOURS! at Montpelier - the home of James Madison - the father of the Constitution. It is an engrossing experience - his 200 year old forest, lots of trails, a formal garden, and on and on. The 17th is the GRAND re-opening of his place. The National Trust owns it today and has been fixing it up for the past five years. The DuPont's had owned it and added on and added on - making it inot an 11,000 sq.ft. mansion. It has been reduced to the original size that Madison had and Supreme Court Justices and other BIg-wigs will be there on the 17th. They are expecting over 20,000 people - glad we were there today. Tomorrow we are off to Poplar Forest, Jefferson's get-a-way place 90 miles south of Monticello. It also had recently opened to the public. We're having a grand time - 95 degrees here today - 92 yesterday. So far, the only rain was on the trip over from Ohio when we crossed the mountains. Rain, fog, miserable!! But, the AS simply followed us wherever we went. What a dream! On Tues. we head for Washington D.C. where we'll camp for another 4 nights and visit Mt. Vernon and into the city during the days.

Again, sure sorry we couldn't have joined you up on Lk. Erie but look forward to doing so in the future. Do you have any more trips planned this year? We'll be home on the 21st and sure hate to think about putting her away for the winter.

Glad you had a good time and all made safe trips back home.