Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 08:21 PM   #321
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
One for every 5 yrs of membership...
Thanks Ralph, I learn something every day.
Bill
Old 04-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #322
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
Wow it is like 23 or so pages and still no date. Did I just type that or was it just in my head?
I would like to see it go the July 31- august 2 dates. For us to have any shot in heck of making it work. As we will be @ Fort Custer SRA the week before and then two weeks after we will be spending a week in Wisconsin Dells (without the 72 sov) Any how cant wait to meet all of you out here some ware. Mike
Old 04-28-2009, 07:02 AM   #323
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Dates!

Derek and I vote for July 31 - August 2nd.

Cheers,
Renee
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Old 04-28-2009, 08:16 AM   #324
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by memgrove2000 View Post
Wow it is like 23 or so pages and still no date. Did I just type that or was it just in my head?
I would like to see it go the July 31- august 2 dates. For us to have any shot in heck of making it work. As we will be @ Fort Custer SRA the week before and then two weeks after we will be spending a week in Wisconsin Dells (without the 72 sov) Any how cant wait to meet all of you out here some ware. Mike
We are getting close Mike, at least this year we know what CG we are planning to take over. On behalf of the group here I hope you can make it. 31's rock!

Yes, I am still working on it.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #325
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We would like to come and meet this group , don't have a preference for weekends, just would like to see A DECISION MADE!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #326
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Check back with us at the end of the day on May 1st. We will tally the votes and announce the winner!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:41 PM   #327
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
Early Weekend

is my vote .... but .... my anniversary is Aug. 1, so if the DW doesn't come, I proabably won't make it ....

So what if we've got hundreds of posts and no decision? We're going for a record number of posts about one rally, aren't we? Or at least a record for the longest time with no decisoin? Or ..... ?

Ryanh
Old 04-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #328
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirsDream View Post
is my vote .... but .... my anniversary is Aug. 1, so if the DW doesn't come, I proabably won't make it ....

So what if we've got hundreds of posts and no decision? We're going for a record number of posts about one rally, aren't we? Or at least a record for the longest time with no decisoin? Or ..... ?

Ryanh
Well Dave had to wait for the CG to open and talk with the owner to see what they had going on is the reason for no date set..Glad he did ...
Old 04-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #329
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirsDream View Post

Ryanh

you should go back and read 2007 and 2008, after all that I think we are doing good. Don't worry we will have a decision!

Old 04-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #330
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag'nwagon View Post
you should go back and read 2007 and 2008, after all that I think we are doing good. Don't worry we will have a decision!
Thats right Dave...Most years by this time we had not even had a CG slated yet..Ya gotta wait for them to open before you can get a date! CGs have planned events too and we have to work around them as well..
Old 04-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #331
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
My vote has been cast, so I can talk about something else. Did any one take any picture of the rally this past weekend in Belleville? We forgot to take our camera with us to Fort Custer, besides who wants to see pictures of rain and circling tree tops being blown by the wind. I have been taking plenty of pictures of the current project, here is one I took last night just before quitting time.

Post 'em if you got 'em!!!

Derek
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathroom (25).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	79392  
Old 04-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #332
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Nice work Derek. I though you were gonna ask if anyone had a picture of your bathroom so you could put it back together.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #333
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Good one Dave
Old 04-29-2009, 05:28 AM   #334
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Derek , I see you went to Fort Custer. Did you stay in the state park campground or in a campground outside? We have never been there but have reservations for the weekend of July 24 - 26. We have been to several Mi. state parks and have a certain comfort level with them.

Mike
Old 04-29-2009, 06:50 AM   #335
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag'nwagon View Post
Nice work Derek. I though you were gonna ask if anyone had a picture of your bathroom so you could put it back together.
Yep, Good one Dave. I have taken plenty of photos and measurements, so I know how it goes back together. All of the plumbing will be new and run a little different with the goal of having more storage and maybe room for two batteries. Last night I broke the closet flange while trying to unscrew it, it was broke any way, but I twisted it off where it meets the black tank. Had to be careful to cut and remove the remaining flange from the threaded tank insert.

D
Old 04-29-2009, 06:59 AM   #336
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Whoa!

I haven't peeked inside Felix in a couple of days....
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Old 04-29-2009, 07:04 AM   #337
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Derek , I see you went to Fort Custer. Did you stay in the state park campground or in a campground outside? We have never been there but have reservations for the weekend of July 24 - 26. We have been to several Mi. state parks and have a certain comfort level with them.

Mike
Hi Mike,
We stayed in the park......we're less than 20 miles away from the park, so it was a good choice for a last-minute shakedown location.

The park is nice - a few lakes for fishing, a swimming beach, great hiking and moutain bike trails and a new disc golf course too.

Did you reserve a specific site for your trip?

Renee

Old 04-29-2009, 07:06 AM   #338
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:

Mike
Hi Mike, we did stay inside the park, we live only 23 miles away. All of the sites have electric, currently the water is off at the sanitation station, due to a plumbing problem, but you can still dump. To get water there are three spigots available inside the campground area that you can use right now to fill your fresh water tank. Hopefully by the time you arrive the plumbing problem will be fixed. As far as the sites they are all different, some have a paved drive some do not, some are pretty small and will not allow you to put out an awning if you have one, a few look to share power. We walked the whole campground Sunday morning and found we like sites 100, 94, 141 & 135 and I know there were a couple others but can not remember the numbers right now, I think they were in the 40's. We stayed on site 57 which was pretty big but kind of low. The park was just under half full when we were there which made it very quiet, we slept in till 10am each morning. If you mountain bike Fort Custer is the top spot in Michigan to go, very easy to put on 13 miles. There are also a couple of lakes for fishing, swimming, boating and a disc golf course.

Later - Derek
Old 04-29-2009, 08:45 AM   #339
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Wow a 2fer,
Hello Renee & Derek,
I have reserved 133 & have friends on 131 & 132. I have don a lot of mountain biking in the past but the Trek 800 now sports the regular pedals, Hybred tires, and a baby seat! We had to jump to Fort Custer for that weekend because we were late at getting the reservations in for Gun lake! (which is where the flood picture was taken last time we were out ) Feel free to join in on the custer trip or I can send you some other dates we have almost every other weekend planned. With most of them in michigan this year. Would love to meet up with you.

MIKE
Old 04-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #340
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Wow a 2fer,
Hello Renee & Derek,
I have reserved 133 & have friends on 131 & 132. I have don a lot of mountain biking in the past but the Trek 800 now sports the regular pedals, Hybred tires, and a baby seat! We had to jump to Fort Custer for that weekend because we were late at getting the reservations in for Gun lake! (which is where the flood picture was taken last time we were out ) Feel free to join in on the custer trip or I can send you some other dates we have almost every other weekend planned. With most of them in michigan this year. Would love to meet up with you.

MIKE
Apparently Renee and I spend way too much together, seeing as our posts had much the same information in them. As of now we have a lot of dates open for camping, we could easily do a another trip to Fort Custer as were pretty close. I know we might be camping June 4th - 7th (Road America), maybe July 4th weekend (Traverse City), July 17th - 19 (Road America) Metro-Detroit Rally and if the bathroom project gets finished in time, May 16th - 17th (Northern Michigan ??)

Derek