Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #617
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Dan, you couldn't wait for someone to ask you huh? That's a long way to go to keep Dave from towing your trailer! Can't wait to see your new toy.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #618
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
new toy

We are glad to hear that you both made it home safe and sound. And we are looking forward to see the new "toy" at the rally. When did you say that you were leaving to drive up??

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

Old 07-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #619
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Silvertwin Send a message via MSN to Silvertwin Send a message via Yahoo to Silvertwin
Just got Lasso Golf for my birthday from work! Will bring that along. I'll supply the game, you supply the drinks...God only knows what will happen!

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Join me on the Magical Aluminum Mystery Tour!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #620
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I'll be leaving Lorain about 4 or 5. So probably be there around 8. Of course, if this trip is like any others this year, it will probably be midnight
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #621
1 Rivet Member

1994 34' Limited
Chatham , Ontario
Hi we are new to this group and have already registered for the weekend. I'm not sure about what ages this rocket is for but we will be have two 12 year old girls with us. I'm not sure who to respond to or if this will do it.

Also, we have not been able to keep up with all of the posts for the pot luck or the raffle. Could we have some ideas of what we might bring?

Thanks
Old 07-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #622
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
potluck

Fri. night I am bringing a package of hotdogs and buns, plus cheese sauce for Fri. night...which we dub "beenie and weenie" night. Everyone will be likely rolling in after work and it is quick and easy. We share with everyone as they arrive and get settled in.
For Sat. afternoon there is a voluntary open house where we take a tour of everyone else's ASs. We serve drinks or appetizers or treats of all varieties. The food/drink of your choice if you choose to participate. Very informal.
Saturday- We always have the best potluck in the world! Everyone brings their own tableservice and drinks, plus a dish to share with the rest of the big crowd. Sat. I am bringing shredded chicken sandwich makin's in a crockpot plus rolls.
(And of course, Ralph is bringing the corn!)
This crowd is all about the food! and Drinks! and fun!

Rhonda, I have several sizes of large coffee makers. A 30c., 35c. and 100c. pot. Shall I bring one? If so which do you think we need? I have coffee too.

Oh...and the raffle. You just bring something fun or cute or Airstreamer-ish for the raffle. Some folks bring old AS parts to part with. A few years ago I donated an AirForums flag that I made to raffle. This year I am bringing something fun....pins that I made.

Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

Old 07-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #623
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Hi Ins Man,

I'll bring supplies for the two girls. Sure to be fun!

-DanB
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #624
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
Wink Maybe there should be a list.

Dan ... We will leave the "halo" on for you just follow the blue landing lights!

Ins. Man Welcome to the Forums and the Rally!

We have had the same question about what to bring for the pot luck. I haven't seen Desert yet?

I have seen (might have missed something so don't go ballistic!) Goulash, Chicken and Noodles, Fresh Green Beans, Trash can turkey, "compact thanksgiving",Shredded chicken sandwhiches, and there was a tiny blurb about maybe some corn. I am positive that there will be other things as well.

(I am not in charge of this thing I have been just tryin to keep up)

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
Old 07-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #625
1 Rivet Member

1994 34' Limited
Chatham , Ontario
Thanks for the help! I just spoke with my wife and she will bring a Taco Salad, Arizona Baked Beans and Rhubarb Crisp for dessert.
This sounds like it will be alot of fun!!

Dave
Old 07-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #626
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
I love to talk about FOOD!!!! YUMMMMMMMMMMM

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
Old 07-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #627
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
I'll be leaving Lorain about 4 or 5. So probably be there around 8. Of course, if this trip is like any others this year, it will probably be midnight

Midnight seems to be abit conservative for you this year Dan. Glad you made it to get your new toy, I am interested to see it.

Yes, I am still working on it.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #628
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Fri. night I am bringing a package of hotdogs and buns, plus cheese sauce for Fri. night...which we dub "beenie and weenie" night. Everyone will be likely rolling in after work and it is quick and easy. We share with everyone as they arrive and get settled in.
For Sat. afternoon there is a voluntary open house where we take a tour of everyone else's ASs. We serve drinks or appetizers or treats of all varieties. The food/drink of your choice if you choose to participate. Very informal.
Saturday- We always have the best potluck in the world! Everyone brings their own tableservice and drinks, plus a dish to share with the rest of the big crowd. Sat. I am bringing shredded chicken sandwich makin's in a crockpot plus rolls.
(And of course, Ralph is bringing the corn!)
This crowd is all about the food! and Drinks! and fun!

Rhonda, I have several sizes of large coffee makers. A 30c., 35c. and 100c. pot. Shall I bring one? If so which do you think we need? I have coffee too.

Oh...and the raffle. You just bring something fun or cute or Airstreamer-ish for the raffle. Some folks bring old AS parts to part with. A few years ago I donated an AirForums flag that I made to raffle. This year I am bringing something fun....pins that I made.

Lou
Lou,

Thanks for posting this up and helping the newbies out. Thats what I love about this rally...we are all in charge.
As for the coffe pot, bring one along and I will bring the coffee.

Yes, I am still working on it.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #629
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Misc stuff --

We've got a couple super-douper sized bags of chips to contribute for Friday.
Dave/Rhonda let us know if you'll need more buns/franks/etc. We'll be happy to pick those up - we're within 5 minutes of a Sam's and Gordon Food Service so it's a quick trip for us.

We've got the turkey slated for Saturday night and will have muffins for Sunday.

We have to make it through a garage sale beginning tomorrow...with any luck at all we'll have made enough $$ to pay off Felix's bathroom remodel by 2pm on Friday and we'll be on our way.

Safe travels everyone - keep the shiny side up!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #630
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Hooray - more newbies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ins. Man View Post
Hi we are new to this group and have already registered for the weekend. I'm not sure about what ages this rocket is for but we will be have two 12 year old girls with us. I'm not sure who to respond to or if this will do it.

Also, we have not been able to keep up with all of the posts for the pot luck or the raffle. Could we have some ideas of what we might bring?

Thanks

Welcome! Can't wait to meet you!