Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2007, 02:08 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Metro-Detroit Rally -- 2007!!

Yep, folks, we are finally locked in for the 2007 Metro Detroit Rally. Come one, come all, come on down for Lou's chicken! This year, again, we will be taking over the group camping area of Apple Creek Campground, Grass Lake Michigan. We have the area for the weekend of August 3-5. Campsites will be costing $26 a night. This would be a two night minimum, but we can make accomodations for those that can only stay either Friday or Saturday but not both. Also, you can arrive early. I know we will arrive on Thursday, and many others have expressed interest to also show up early.

Yes, they are having a pig roast and band that weekend, but that will just give you more options for Saturday. As we get closer we are going to decide if we want to combine our potluck with the camp's pig roast. After Lou's camper switcheroo this year, he probably won't be able to buy yardbirds to smoke!

For right now, just post to the thread and PM me with your intent on attending. Please do not contact the campground, you merely need to inform us, show up and pay them at the office when you arrive. And make sure if you tell any of your friends, to please simply Email me at ssbtdoom@gmail.com to reserve a slot.

And so, let the fun begin!

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Oh how exciting! I guess it's all official now. Sign us up. Will be there with bells on. It's sad to see the old thread go though! Maybe we can go to 2000 posts this year.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Well, it warms my heart to see that so many people from last year's rally could run the thread as far as it went. I just added a few more on it to try to get it closer to Rhonda's high water mark of 2,000! We could use that thread to bash me around though!
Of course, everyone knows that the Patterson clan is in for this year's event.
Although, this year I am not planning on arriving around 6 p.m. Friday night! This year we will be arriving Thursday afternoon!
We might even stay until Monday morning, should any of you want to stick around and hang out till then.
Please keep an eye on this thread as we will be posting things for people to bring.
I do have to remember to move the LPPI treasury fund from the OH cabinet in the soon-to-be old LPPI mobile command center and put it in the NEW LPPI mobile command center. Remember, the LPPI mobile command center is the central nervous system for all things rally related! I think I am gonna give it the address of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. This would only seem fitting considering how important it is to the operation. Maybe I could name it the Airstreamagon, like a play on Pentagon?
Candie, the LPPI first lady, will be posting for people to volunteer to bring common things from around your house that you would normally throw out. This is for the kids craft event that we are planning. Steph, (TinSista) and Candie, (not on here cuz she is sane), will be handling this stuff.
I will be in charge of figuring out what we are going to do for our potluck dinner. This year we will not have the use of the picnic shelter so we will be choosing between having our potluck at the group area or joining the pic roast. I will post more on this later.
I do know that we could use some folding tables. I have a couple I could bring. We also will need screen tents. I have two of them myself that I will be bringing.
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:02 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Count us in. We will be there Thursday night. - Terry
safarinight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:22 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Count me in as well. Want to try to get the same site I had last yr if I can...
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:27 PM   #6
HDS
2 Rivet Member

We'll be there, hopefully a couple of days early. LeeAnn says she will help with the kids stuff, just contact her.
HDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #7
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
Thumbs up Sign us up

The Neumann's will be there with the Fu Fu trailer, and our flock of Pink Flamingos,

We will arrive Thursday night or Friday morning after traffic clears. Will be able to give more positive arrvial time as date nears. 100% sure of Friday and Saturday night at this time.

As VP in charge of what ever LOU needs , just let me know what is needed.

PS: Lou am I to understand that you are considering getting a NUDE trailer
You have seen the light and now see that the beige paint hides the true prefection of the silver twinke form.
ITOWAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:13 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Hey,,I have a Idea....... Think I will bring CORN!!! Would that work??? Damn Im smart and full of good ideas too!!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:28 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Put us there

We have it scheduled, but of course we will be having to wait to see how it is going with our parents here first. Put us on the list. We would like to get there on Thursday if we can!

Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:04 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Andy, will you be able to show DVDs at this one too??? Lets get a screen up!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:47 AM   #11
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITOWAIR
The Neumann's will be there with the Fu Fu trailer, and our flock of Pink Flamingos,

We will arrive Thursday night or Friday morning after traffic clears. Will be able to give more positive arrvial time as date nears. 100% sure of Friday and Saturday night at this time.

As VP in charge of what ever LOU needs , just let me know what is needed.

PS: Lou am I to understand that you are considering getting a NUDE trailer
You have seen the light and now see that the beige paint hides the true prefection of the silver twinke form.
As VP in charge of whatever Lou needs, (man I love writing in third person!), you will know that I require beer.
As for "seeing the light", I am sad to report that they did not make an Argosy in 1985 and they did not make an Argosy that looks as good as this one looks! Alas, I am stuck with the unpainted version!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:48 AM   #12
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
We have it scheduled, but of course we will be having to wait to see how it is going with our parents here first. Put us on the list. We would like to get there on Thursday if we can!

Lou and Larry
Awesome!
It would not be the same without you guys!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:49 AM   #13
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4201KW8G
Hey,,I have a Idea....... Think I will bring CORN!!! Would that work??? Damn Im smart and full of good ideas too!!
Hey, Ralph!
You are now the NEWEST VP of the LPPI!
You are now the VP in charge of pointing out the obvious!
You bring the corn!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:15 AM   #14
Rivet Master

Here is the Rally registration link!

I took the liberty of doing up an event here under the "Rallies" thread!
Just follw the link below!
3rd Annual Metro-Detroit Airstream and Argosy Rally
Old 05-22-2007, 04:09 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1969 23' Safari
Grosse Ile , Michigan
Send a message via Yahoo to commander31
Whew..... a new thread...... It's a beautiful thing!!!!!

Well guys, you can count me in too.....

I'll be there with bells on too....(that should be sumthin to see, eh??)

Dunno if I have the kids that weekend tho..... but either way i will look forward to the party.....

Should I bring the 55 gal drum of my legendary Bloody Marys?? hee hee....

take care now...

scott

Scott Anderson
Grosse Ile, Mich.
1969 23' Safari Twin
WBCCI # 22426
(formerly #22425 1968-76)

When it is my time, I want to go peacefully,
And in my sleep.....Just like my Grandfather....
Not screaming, kicking and in a state of panic,
like the other passengers in his car were......
commander31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:27 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Bring whatever floats your boat! We will be in the group area, which is nicely separated from the main part of the campground, so, no complaints from the other campers! It's actually a very nice spot, set up nicely for social gatherings like this.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:58 AM   #17
Rivet Master

Well we may have an official change for the LPPI!

If Scott is bringing a 55 gallon drum of Bloody Marys then we may have to change the "Ofiicial Drink of The LPPI" from Canadian beer to Bloody Marys!

Nah! We just now have TWO "Official Drinks of The LPPI"!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:07 AM   #18
Rivet Master

By the way....

The group area will hold approximately 27-30 trailers/motorhomes/Blue Noodles/LPPI Mobile Command Centers.
I am sure we can fit more than that so please do not feel that you will be left out should we get more than that.
We can fit them in comfortably.
Although, if you really like being close to one another we can always park you really close to me and you can listen to Candie snore at night!
Oh, please do not tell her I posted this! The next post from me might be titled, "The LPPI President is grounded".
Old 05-22-2007, 11:07 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
If Scott is bringing a 55 gallon drum of Bloody Marys then we may have to change the "Ofiicial Drink of The LPPI" from Canadian beer to Bloody Marys!

Nah! We just now have TWO "Official Drinks of The LPPI"!
We will have the official morning drink and the official rest of the day drink! But Ralph will have to bring lots of "The Recipe" so we can see his famous air guitar. Oh I can't wait!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:14 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Hey, Ralph!
You are now the NEWEST VP of the LPPI!
You are now the VP in charge of pointing out the obvious!
You bring the corn!
We do have to pay homage to the "Charter LPPI VP's":
Joe Peplinski - VP of Really Important Things
Andy Neumann - VP of Whatever Lou Needs (leveryone needs a VP like this)
Carol Baidinger - VP of all the "Julie McCoy" (remember Love Boat?)
Beth Olmsted - VP of Making Old Stuff Look Cool
Kirk Olmsted - VP of Making Old Stuff Run
John Truitt - VP of Missing Camping Chairs
Marvin and Annie - VP's of Procuring and Restoring Wayward Argosys and Supplying Lou with lots of Canadian beer
Al and Jean - VP's of unique Canadian Beer

By the way, since there are now so many new VP's I have decided to promote the charter VP's to the status of Senior VP's!