Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2007, 09:26 PM   #1861
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
The First Lady is sitting here right beside me!
She does not get on the Internet much unless it is to do our banking.
BTW-I now have the fiberglass cap, tube steps and mud flaps on the truck! It looks totally different.
Very cool Lou. cant wait to cast a eye on it....
Old 09-09-2007, 01:17 AM   #1862
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit
Patterson
What kinda flaps did U put on. I have a cap and rb's I havent yet put on flaps. I'm doin the small stuff a little at a time so I'm ready when we get a trailer, we are still looking.
"Good things come to those who wait and are patient.
Roger
Roger,

I got the Husky contoured mud flaps. They are not too oversized but they still look like they will keep the crap off of my new ride.

Lou
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:19 PM   #1863
Rivet Master

Hey!
Where has everyone gone?
I am soooo lonely!
Old 09-09-2007, 10:22 PM   #1864
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
keep yourself busy lou, after all, its all about you, you, you!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:36 PM   #1865
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
Hi Gang
Anybody here going to the WBCCI halloween party at Groveland Oaks? It should be a blast for the kids. See everybody at Walnut Hills.
Ralph, are you sure you don't want lot 159 instead of lot 161? 159 & 160 are corner lots.
Will be attending the FMCA rally this week, so you guys are on your own on this thread. Try to behave and act professional so the people from the east and west will think we know our shxt. hey, we are discussing some heavy stuff (mudflaps).
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:31 AM   #1866
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I dont think ill be camping at the WBCCI rally, but I will stop by, sorry, my sisters wedding has to come first on things to do that weekend.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #1867
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
keep yourself busy lou, after all, its all about you, you, you!
I have been busy.
Believe it or not, I have been back on my 13 hr/7 day work week again! The money is GOOOOOOD though!
Thanks for thinking of me, Laura! I can see you are a fan too.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #1868
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfred
Hi Gang
Anybody here going to the WBCCI halloween party at Groveland Oaks? It should be a blast for the kids. See everybody at Walnut Hills.
Ralph, are you sure you don't want lot 159 instead of lot 161? 159 & 160 are corner lots.
Will be attending the FMCA rally this week, so you guys are on your own on this thread. Try to behave and act professional so the people from the east and west will think we know our shxt. hey, we are discussing some heavy stuff (mudflaps).
Mudflaps are important things.
I know mudflaps!
Have fun Buck!
Old 09-11-2007, 07:40 PM   #1869
Rivet Master

OK, we are getting closer and closer to the Mothball Rally!
I still have a TON of work to do on the truck! YIKES!
Also, I think I have now lost the darn keys to the trailer! I think we left them in the van when we traded it in! I asked them to look for them but no one found any. Has anybody ever lost ALL of their keys to their Airstream before? If so... HELP!!!!
I have to buy a new weight distributing hitch and a new brake controller, (my old one sucks). Then I have to set all that up before leaving for the rally! YIKES! <again>
Old 09-11-2007, 08:00 PM   #1870
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
keys

I think that AS uses a limited number of keys for the locks on the trailers. You might get lucky and someone up there nearby has keys that may fit yours too. How many folks are close enough for you to get them to stop by with keys???? Failing that you could drag it to the locksmith, have them pick the lock and go from there. That sounds expensive! Maybe they are laying in the yard, garage, or some other out of the way place?? YIKES!!! Good luck! Hope you find your keys in a pocket somewhere! Could you call AS and get any help?
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #1871
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
OK, we are getting closer and closer to the Mothball Rally!
I still have a TON of work to do on the truck! YIKES!
Also, I think I have now lost the darn keys to the trailer! I think we left them in the van when we traded it in! I asked them to look for them but no one found any. Has anybody ever lost ALL of their keys to their Airstream before? If so... HELP!!!!
I have to buy a new weight distributing hitch and a new brake controller, (my old one sucks). Then I have to set all that up before leaving for the rally! YIKES! <again>
Lorrie will not be pleased! You are treading on thin ground right now buddy. If you can't take care of the keys, how can you take care of an entire trailer? You must prove yourself worthy of JoLo.

Just kidding of course. Bad stuff happens to us all at one time or another. I will point out that we gave you two full sets of keys to the trailer and storage compartments. (In fact there were some keys with different key cuts that still opened multiple doors.) Did you perhaps stash the second set of keys somewhere? I hope they weren't all on a single key ring together.

Or does Candie have the second set and she's not sharing with you?

Good Luck. I've never had to replace trailer keys, so I don't know if you can pick them up and any old trailer store or Locksmith or if you will have to go back to Airstream, Inc.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #1872
Rivet Master

Actually, it is unlocked and so are the two compartments.
What is not unlocked is the battery compartment and water tank.
I bet they are laying inside the tubs that Candie brought all of our clothes in from the trailer.
If need be, I can take the locks off of the ones that are opened. I can take those to a locksmith and see if they can make keys from the numbers on the locks or something like that.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:22 PM   #1873
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Patterson
U can take the locks from the ones that are open. I have done that. A Lear cap I bought and a cross bed toolbox. They took the numbers from them and I was good to go in just a few minutes. It didnt break the bank either.
Dont panic U will be fine.
Lots a luck.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #1874
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit
Patterson
U can take the locks from the ones that are open. I have done that. A Lear cap I bought and a cross bed toolbox. They took the numbers from them and I was good to go in just a few minutes. It didnt break the bank either.
Dont panic U will be fine.
Lots a luck.
Roger
THANKS!
I feel better already.
I figured that it would just mean getting some keys made for it. I am sure they have seen things like this several times before.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:12 PM   #1875
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Lou I tried to PM you but it says you cannot get mail off this site.. Im in St Louis Mo for work till tomorrow afternoon. I have the info you need.. Buck. We dont have 159 reserved... I want 161... Ralph
Old 09-13-2007, 08:53 PM   #1876
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Lou, I sent you a email with the info your looking for.. I hope it helps you out,, Ralph
Old 09-14-2007, 11:33 AM   #1877
2 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
Sterling Heights , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
Lou, I sent you a email with the info your looking for.. I hope it helps you out,, Ralph
Lou is not on the forums.

Life's a test of what we do, how we love and where we grow! Don't miss it!
First Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #1878
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Candie, every time I see the log-in First Lady I straighten up and try to present myself appropriately. What do you mean Lou is not on the forums, do you mean a recent change?

Today was Brad's last day of work! Perhaps not forever but for now we are celebrating retirement and having a glass of wine in honor of the occassion. Hope you have a great time at the mothball rally, jeepers that name is too close to comfort for we oldsters! LOL Anyone go to the TCT afterall, like Lou or Joe? Woulda coulda shoulda

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:18 PM   #1879
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Lou, thats the reason I have many sets for mine...
Old 09-14-2007, 07:34 PM   #1880
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
AirBoss
I have a line on a 1985 30ft Limited(dont know nuffin bout Limited's) haven't seen it yet in person. It is damaged but from what I can tell its sheetmetal. Goin Tuesday to inspect. Looks real nice inside from the pics. Im taken My chief inspector with me. MaryLou always see's things I dont. Im taken the HeavyHitch and sway bars just in case. Its only 30 miles away,Wish me Luck
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote