Old 08-05-2007, 11:49 PM   #1233
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS
A good time was had by all and one. The Yule log was still burning when we left, even through the rain. We should have been singing Christmas carols. We had a few less units than last year, but the quality was tremendous. All hail Lou, all hail Lou
The rain came at the right time. I am so glad we had good weather with few problems.
I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The girls collapsed just as soon as we got in the door!

Old 08-05-2007, 11:51 PM   #1234
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Candie (LPPI's first lady and future rivette if Carol can keep working on Lou!!) worked all afternoon with the kids to make some great crafts, princess dolls for the girls, dragon for Sammy, neat playdough crafts, prizes and more!! Candie take a bow!!
Candie was the real star of this event.
Without her none of if could have happened. She was involved in almost every aspect of the rally. I think she deserves a special place of honor within the LPPI!

Old 08-05-2007, 11:55 PM   #1235
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Larry and I thank one and all for the great time this weekend. We hope that the rest of you had a great time too. We are already looking forward to the next LPPI.
We just arrived home an hour or so ago. We traveled through rain and a big ol' traffic jam on the turnpike, but we arrived safe and sound.
Thanks again! We will post pictures tomorrow.
Lou and Larry
We are happy knowing you made it home ok. I am sorry to hear it took you so long to get home.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:56 PM   #1236
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
Well looks like several have reported in saying they made it home as I did. What a fun time we had 22 units ( 1 had to leave Fri AM) Was great seeing everyone again and meeting new friends too!! A big thank you to everyone for making it better then ever!!
It just keeps getting better and better!
Each and every year!
Old 08-05-2007, 11:58 PM   #1237
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Candie was the real star of this event.
Without her none of if could have happened. She was involved in almost every aspect of the rally. I think she deserves a special place of honor within the LPPI!
Lou I agree 100% !! She was a silent force in the event for sure.. A big hand to Candie!!!!! So whats she V.P. of now Lou???
Old 08-05-2007, 11:58 PM   #1238
Rivet Master

Quote:
I was just thinking.. Would it be ok if I brought corn next year???
I think you should bring corn instead!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:00 AM   #1239
Rivet Master

Quote:
Lou I agree 100% !! She was a silent force in the event for sure.. A big hand to Candie!!!!! So whats she V.P. of now Lou???
I think I will make her VP of Keeping Lou's Butt Out Of Trouble!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:05 AM   #1240
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
I think I will make her VP of Keeping Lou's Butt Out Of Trouble!
Yeah, like that could ever happen.. She is good but come on Lou..Somethings take years and years and you never get results
Old 08-06-2007, 12:08 AM   #1241
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
When I left the Campgrounds Holly, Jason. Laura, Carol and Sharon were all going to spend another night.. I do feel for Jason ... But I just cant seem to reach,,
Old 08-06-2007, 12:38 AM   #1242
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Lou

I seem to remember that you said that you have to go to a job interview today, and we wanted to wish you Good Luck!!! Hope you are feeling good and can impress them with your wisdom!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:40 AM   #1243
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
vote!!

Hey All! Don't forgit to git your vote in on that thread about the most popular rally. We know that the Metro-Detroit Rally 2006 was great! and this year's rally topped that one!!! Step up and be counted.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:08 AM   #1244
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Here's a photo of Lou's (loudruff) beautiful rally flag!! Thanks to Lou for bringing her great stamping materials to share, wow its an incredible amount of time and skill to get one of those lovely spinner cards going!! Wish I'd gotten a picture of Lou at work, she was so patient and kind to help each of us step by step with the card!!It was so cool too because Lou stamped little washable Airstreams on the kids arms !! They just loved that!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	greatflag!.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	42634  
Old 08-06-2007, 08:51 AM   #1245
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
fort wayne , Indiana
another thanks for a great time once again. Dan and I made it back without any problems.
Laura sorry I missed ya when we rolled out, hope you feel ok!!!!
It was great to see everyone again. I wish I lived a bit closer so I could make it out to the one in the fall. I'll look foward to those pics!!!!
Hats off to Candie I think the adults had as much fun as the kids at the craft table!!!!
Ralphie, thanks for the corn!!!!! I think you should bring some next year.....hey I have an idea....you bring corn....I'll bring wood!!!!!

Lysa
Old 08-06-2007, 09:13 AM   #1246
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Felix says "thanks"!

Thanks Lou! Glad to know the formerly-gay-trailer-named-Felix now rocks.

Hey, I have an idea for next year's summer rally - how about a polishing party? Derek and I can bring all the supplies - including the trailer!

Keep us updated on a possible October rally.

R