Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-26-2007, 03:17 AM   #953
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
[quote=wheel interested]Stand Down Girls, I'll tell you when!

That's not to say I still won't have room for my entire smoked chicken I ordered from you Lou if you are still making chickens. MMMMMMMMMMM/quote]
You have your own chicken spoken for, Carol! Yours and ALL yours!
__________________

__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:26 AM   #954
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Just got off the phone with the campground. Our turn out is surprising them a bit! Mary Ann, the owner said it was ok that we smoosh the sites together to get everyone on the in-the-round area. Or we can move several people to some "large" sites that sit behind the group area. Consensus on that one? Only issue I see is if it gets hot and we want to run ACs then we will need to park those without AC next to those that do when sharing electrical poles.

Also, she would like to know how many are coming to the pig roast and potluck? I don't remember what we said some 50 odd pages ago (I have set my page length to 50 posts so I don't have to flip so many!!!). Also, Lou's chickens are heaven, is anyone else bringing a meat dish? I intend to do my dutch oven chocolate cake again.

Now, what about Friday? last year we were going to have hot dogs and that sort of happened oddly. We could do that again (and fizzle!) by some of us bring a couple packs of HDs and buns and making them available. Great for those midnight snakins.
Mary Ann is probably going to have a massive coronary come Friday evening!
As for smooshing us together, I have no problem with not running my A/C through the night. Only if it gets too danged hot at night. If it is anything like last year, I will not run the air at all. I will be sure to bring my big ole fans to cool it off in the new LPPI Mobile Command Center!
I am going to double up on the chickens and if anyone wants one of their own please either drop it off at my home by Monday or let me know. I should be able to do a double batch before I leave on Wednesday night. I can probably start smoking them early on Thursday to try to get more of them done while at the rally.
We can bring a big package of Costco hotdogs. How does that sound?
If someone else can bring the buns and someone else can bring the condiments we would be all set! What about a grill to cook them on?
__________________

__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:28 AM   #955
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS
This thing is getting out of hand, and someone is going to get hurt. Lou, are you smoking cluckers again? If so, put one on for me. See you all next week
Right now I have two chickens reserved.
I have:
Carol - 1
Harold - 1

Anyone else want their own? If you live too far away from me to bring it over then let me know. I will front you....
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:47 AM   #956
Rivet Master
 
DanB's Avatar
 
1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,616
Images: 9
Breakfast?

I would bring the buns, but I probably won't get there till after 8.... So, how about if I bring about 4 dozen baked goods for Sat morning? I'm thinking krispy kreme assortment.

Hey Lou, if available, put my name on a chicken please!

If I bring a dutch oven dish to prepare, will there be a fire ring to share or should I pack charcoal & fire supplies?

Thanks!
__________________
DanB
________________________________
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:14 AM   #957
Rivet Master
 
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,773
Images: 59
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
We still have Sharon and she makes up for three families of Canucks!
Hey sorry folks just been a bit pre-occupied hmm lets see - WITH MYSELF LATELY

just sent john a PM...

I am coming just don't know in what yet??? or with whom??? but that is a Woman's best trait - to keep everyone around her including herself in total suspense!!!!!! The spice of life - and you people thought it was all about "mud wrestling and finding Judy or was that Rudy???" oh heck just pass me a cold one stick me in a chair and feed me if I go pale or start to nod will ya....

Okay someone give me the SHORT VERSION OF THAT COP STORY WILL YA I am not good at speed reading a billion posts to catch up....

Who is a cop and cop of a Dad cop and cops'r'us and all that and what do ya mean we have to behave!!! I ain't going in no forest - only CJ does that to get wood at 3:00am in the morning - or she is out shooting something - maybe squirrel or possom for the next days potluck maybe...

But I see her white flag...so she is putting on her goodie two shoes for the weekend - good thing fellas - would have been quite the match....maybe if I push her she might stray a bit then you all can go on a Bone Crusher hunt...

10,000 views WOW no wonder - I had to do at least 9999 of them just to catch up!

hate to break it to ya but no one other than a canuck can fill a canuck void - lets just get that straight now - I would hate for any of my nice henkles to go astray - Lou you might want to get that butcher safety netting out....

Oh by the way very cool VAN - did you get it yet??? Blue is okay too - I only say that because I may have to ride in one for a spell and do not wish to rock the boat on colours....but Charcol Grey Rocks!!!!

Anything else I need to up date you all on....Oh yes can't remember all the names of you new daring folk that have decided to embark on this fine upstanding about to happen but once in a life time Rally - I am rared up to give you a big ol'e canuk -tink tink. Just don't sit by me as I have been known to push people off their lawn chairs very unexpectedly....
__________________
Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:15 AM   #958
We can tow it!
 
tin sista's Avatar
 
1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,625
Images: 82
Smile Coney sauce, mustard, and onions

Hey Lou,

I'll bring coney sauce, mustard, and onions just in case anyone wants to try hot dogs Detroit style on Friday night...

Well to avoid any fowlness over organic free range amish raised fried flamingo Dave will make his tarheel country fried steak and gravy with white rice, and I'll bring homemade bread for the potluck Saturday. Are we cool now Ralphie??

I think we'll pass on the pig roast/band and stay on the rally side. Btw we were going to bring some kid dvds for Sam on Sat eve, kids and their adults are welcome we'd have it set up outside our trailer probably "Cars" or "monsters inc" along that line.
__________________
Steph in MI Air# 6996-
I Hockeytown USA!!
tin sista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #959
Rivet Master
 
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,773
Images: 59
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
hey steph - is that you I see in that avatar!! hanging over the balcony???

Man is knowing how to cook a pre-requisite of this Rally - gosh I will bring the beer --never know what we can bring over the border these days - and you just know that the USofA is a Foreign Country so I would have no clue what to purchase for some of my renouned recipes....

I think I will have to ponder on that a while - Hate to see waste and bring too much food now right????
__________________
Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:24 AM   #960
Rivet Master
 
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,773
Images: 59
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Right now I have two chickens reserved.
I have:
Carol - 1
Harold - 1

Anyone else want their own? If you live too far away from me to bring it over then let me know. I will front you....
I'd order one Lou but I would probably have to share it with the guard at the gate to get back in....next thing we will LPPI sydrom in Chickens and the borders will be shut down for all chicke and it's uses including the use of rubber chickens in photos and other mud wreslting techniques....

But I'll eat one there and in my travels... if I take a week to get home again I just might need one to survive the trip with
__________________
Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:38 AM   #961
Rivet Master
 
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,773
Images: 59
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Also, she would like to know how many are coming to the pig roast and potluck? ..... Also, Lou's chickens are heaven, is anyone else bringing a meat dish? I intend to do my dutch oven chocolate cake again.

Now, what about Friday?
Hmmm lets ponder on that one a while -

I am going to this Rally to hmmm I think it is to meet the people on the Rally list could it be maybe????

so what the heck would I want to mingle with a bunch of people in MI that I don't even know

So count me in for the CC baby - Chicken and Chocolate the keys to my heart!!!

Friday what about it - is there ever a Friday in the week - not sure might want to check with CJ - the worldly one....as with her new outlook I just may have to conceed that Canadian Flag real quick or I could be the new sunday Morning ritual - Peter has here - oh yeah ask him - ...Sunday morning pancakes without fail!!! No wait - it is just a Saturday night blow up doll the henkle knife will do just fine...

Talk to me after the weekend on the status of Friday night
__________________
Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:03 AM   #962
Rivet Master
 
AYRSTRM2's Avatar
 
1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 939
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB
I would bring the buns, but I probably won't get there till after 8.... So, how about if I bring about 4 dozen baked goods for Sat morning? I'm thinking krispy kreme assortment.

Hey Lou, if available, put my name on a chicken please!

If I bring a dutch oven dish to prepare, will there be a fire ring to share or should I pack charcoal & fire supplies?

Thanks!
You can use your fire ring at your site, or Dan (Crowbar) and Airpyro also cook with DOs. As will I. So if you want, we can piggy back ovens. I'm bring two and making two chocolate cakes. I will use charcoal in my fire ring probably.
__________________
John

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #963
Rivet Master
 
AYRSTRM2's Avatar
 
1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 939
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
......
We can bring a big package of Costco hotdogs. How does that sound?
If someone else can bring the buns and someone else can bring the condiments we would be all set! What about a grill to cook them on?
Sounds good! Last year we just used sticks to cook the dogs over the fire. We have some from WalMart that are really just twisted coat hangers I think. We'll bring Ketsup, and maybe chop an onion.

Anyone else volunteering hot dog buns?
__________________
John

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:36 AM   #964
Miss Rivette
 
airedale's Avatar
 
1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,644
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
Hey sorry folks just been a bit pre-occupied hmm lets see - WITH MYSELF LATELY

just sent john a PM...

I am coming just don't know in what yet??? or with whom??? but that is a Woman's best trait - to keep everyone around her including herself in total suspense!!!!!! The spice of life - and you people thought it was all about "mud wrestling and finding Judy or was that Rudy???" oh heck just pass me a cold one stick me in a chair and feed me if I go pale or start to nod will ya....

Okay someone give me the SHORT VERSION OF THAT COP STORY WILL YA I am not good at speed reading a billion posts to catch up....

Who is a cop and cop of a Dad cop and cops'r'us and all that and what do ya mean we have to behave!!! I ain't going in no forest - only CJ does that to get wood at 3:00am in the morning - or she is out shooting something - maybe squirrel or possom for the next days potluck maybe...

But I see her white flag...so she is putting on her goodie two shoes for the weekend - good thing fellas - would have been quite the match....maybe if I push her she might stray a bit then you all can go on a Bone Crusher hunt...

10,000 views WOW no wonder - I had to do at least 9999 of them just to catch up!

hate to break it to ya but no one other than a canuck can fill a canuck void - lets just get that straight now - I would hate for any of my nice henkles to go astray - Lou you might want to get that butcher safety netting out....

Oh by the way very cool VAN - did you get it yet??? Blue is okay too - I only say that because I may have to ride in one for a spell and do not wish to rock the boat on colours....but Charcol Grey Rocks!!!!

Anything else I need to up date you all on....Oh yes can't remember all the names of you new daring folk that have decided to embark on this fine upstanding about to happen but once in a life time Rally - I am rared up to give you a big ol'e canuk -tink tink. Just don't sit by me as I have been known to push people off their lawn chairs very unexpectedly....




If you go back a couple pages, i wraped everything into one post.
__________________
Laura Miss Rivette 2008
W8JUZ --......--
"Support Search and Rescue, GET LOST!!!!"
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #965
Rivet Master
 
wheel interested's Avatar
 
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,039
I'll be bringing hotdogs and buns but then I don't know when I will be arriving.

Dan B where have you been all my life!? "I'm thinking krispy kreme assortment." Breakfast is about noon right?


I'll vouch for Sharon's words here, be forewarned!, "Just don't sit by me as I have been known to push people off their lawn chairs very unexpectedly...."

Perhaps the potluck times could be different from each other a bit, or perhaps I will just ask Marie to make me a plate and hold it for me, I can put that with my whole chicken, (yeah, me and Scarlet O'Hara have this sensitivity about caloric value) by God I swear I will never go hungry again.LOL Hey life's a challenge when you won't cook for yourself...
__________________
Caroljb



photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:41 AM   #966
Rivet Master
 
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,773
Images: 59
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
.... I will just ask Marie to make me a plate and hold it for me....
Hey you just might have something of value there girl - as I have the same issue - not sure if anyone noticed at the last rally - I suffered through cold breakfast and then had to force both down - cause I don't do food at the end of the day - seriously that is the end of the day as my day just starts at 11:00am

Just ask Annie and Marvin how many Rally breakfasts Peter and I actually made without being left with the crumbs and the crapy cereal ....There is so much FOOD at these rallies... And Yet we find it strangely odd that there are not more emphasis on brunches!!! or at least go straight to the lunch time... what is wrong with you people out there - stay in bed a little longer and catch some more moon rays will ya......and don't knock on my trailer before 10 or I will press the button at the door! I will give you an extra hour - as I will take from 10-11 to actually wake up!!!

Okay so is anyone making a big potato Salad - cause I make a real nice one and I could do it up in Rally assembly line fashion - I would do it on the State side so it would be real nice and freshhhhhhh!!!! of course....I know it sounds boring but what the heck to expect from us people that live in Igloos 3/4 of the year!!!

Just be thankful I am not offering to bring whale fat salad from our winters catch...C.J's avatar sort of blew my apetite for that specialty....
__________________

__________________
Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AIR Midwest : midwest rally maznblu Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 18 01-01-2010 09:55 PM
Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Rally... InsideOut WBCCI Rallies & Events 28 12-08-2006 06:39 PM
Photos from the St. Patricks Day Rally @ Desert Star Ranch Andy R Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 4 03-22-2005 12:07 AM
Mystic Springs 2003 rally!! thenewkid64 Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 41 04-02-2003 05:52 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.