Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2007, 10:34 PM   #1281
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
More pics....

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8685.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	42716Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8682.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	42717Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8683.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	42718Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8684.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	42719Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8686.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	42720Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8687.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	42721
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #1282
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
I seem to remember that you said that you have to go to a job interview today, and we wanted to wish you Good Luck!!! Hope you are feeling good and can impress them with your wisdom!
Yes, I did have an interview.
It was the second interview. It went well and I should be seeing an offer letter shortly.
Thanks for the luck!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:48 PM   #1283
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfred
Another good get together among teenagers. I am getting tired of being left at the campfire though. At 65 I'm entitled to a little catnap before catching my second wind.(RHONDA)
Thanks to all for the memories.
I nominate Steph as the LPPI VP in Charge of Holding the Mirror Up to Buck's Nose to See if He is Still Breathing!
Old 08-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #1284
Rivet Master

A fond farewell....

Well all.
It seems that I am not going to be visiting the forums any longer.
I have been long debating the fact of not frequenting this site, nor any of the paid advertisers, for quite a long time now.
I have been an Airstream or Argosy owner far longer than this site has ever existed. This proves to me that I do not need a forum to be an accomplished hobbyist. This is a hard decision based upon the fact that I love all of the LPPI supporters like family.
There are other forums that I frequent, and I am sure they will welcome all of the LPPI membership. I will be sure to keep in touch with all of you.
If anyone would like to reach me, my email address is: loupatterson@wowway.com

All I can simply say is: see you at the rallies.

Your friends,
Lou, Candie, Alexandra and Grace Patterson
Old 08-06-2007, 11:13 PM   #1285
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Well all.
I have been long debating the fact of not frequenting this site, nor any of the paid advertisers, for quite a long time now.
I have been an Airstream or Argosy owner far longer than this site has ever existed. This proves to me that I do not need a forum to be an accomplished hobbyist. This is a hard decision based upon the fact that I love all of the LPPI supporters like family.
There are other forums that I frequent, and I am sure they will welcome all of the LPPI membership. I will be sure to keep in touch with all of you.

Your friends,
....See you on the Dark Side EH!.........

Seriously - who is messin with the LOU - does anyone know what a Crazy Canadian can be like upon survival of their first LPPI Rally!!! The Lou is NOT to messed with.....back off.......
Old 08-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #1286
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
What the?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Well all.

Your friends,
Lou,
What is going on? It's not like you need to pay to post on this forum. Are you getting flack from somewhere or someone that we are all unaware of? It doesn't seem like it should be too hard of a decision to continue to post here as your time and interests permit.

But assuming you cannot be talked out of this decision, what forums are you referring to that you will continue to frequent? The only other one that I knew of, the Silvertwinkie forums folded a few months ago.

What will we do without Lou??? An online world without Lou is like a . . . a . . .

Well, I'll let each one asnwer that question in their own special way.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:21 PM   #1287
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Lou,
What is going on? It's not like you need to pay to post on this forum. Are you getting flack from somewhere or someone that we are all unaware of? It doesn't seem like it should be too hard of a decision to continue to post here as your time and interests permit.

But assuming you cannot be talked out of this decision, what forums are you referring to that you will continue to frequent? The only other one that I knew of, the Silvertwinkie forums folded a few months ago.

What will we do without Lou??? An online world without Lou is like a . . . a . . .

Well, I'll let each one asnwer that question in their own special way.
I will let anyone know anything they would like to know.
Please email me as I will no longer be on here.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:55 PM   #1288
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
What will we do without Lou??? An online world without Lou is like a . . . a . .

day without sunshine

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:30 AM   #1289
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks for a great rally! Starting with the lawn chair panel supervising backing to the medic check for wellness the rally started with fun and never slowed down from there. Fires burned hot enough for melt down. The "moon" never seemed largerand we even had a few mermaids. Breakfast and dinner was phenominal and open house is always a favorite. There is never enough time to spend with new and old friends however so hope I have the chance to spend more time with you again soon.

In case any of you missed the action "ringside" here are a few highlights.

The ring was freshly watered and the mud was warm and wet. The air of Apple Creek smelled of beer and smoke and sweat. The crowd was there to see the long awaited wrestling match of Slasher and Bone Crusher, Lou's tickets all sold out. The group shot up like canon fire, they shouted with delight as Slash and Crush came out oiled up and primed to fight. Slasher wore an evening gown with thin and tasteful straps and the Crush was dressed for business in a cape and leather chaps. She raised her arm and balled her fist and eyed the restless horde she grabbed Canadian bottles of ale and down the hatch she poured. Slasher gave a dainty wave and stepped into the mud while Crusher dove above the ropes they came down with a thud Amidst the taunts and ballyhoo the two commenced to fray till none could tell the two apart that thick veneer of clay Twas kaos till a sound alas no one could dane mistake that laughing voice from deep within that steaming muddy lake. "Say your prayers, you wretched roach," she said in fevered pitch and body slammed ol Slasher down did make an awesome ditch and climbing to a corner post did leap a mighty height and sailed above poor Slasher like a cow chip launched in flight.

The awestruck crowd was silent as they saw Crusher hit the floor and they watched a boiling skirmish few had likely seen before till one arose at grounds end painted head to toe in brown she stood and held what seemed to be a tatered evening gown The spew of cheers did pierce the site and Crusher took the rag and tied it to a hot dog stick and waved it like a flag With Slasher's mud caked body pinned beneath her booted sole said, "Let this be a lesson, you freakin' little troll."

As Crusher left the ring she turned and belted one last growl and someone pulled poor Slasher up and wrapped her in a towel. We've had our fill of carnage now and filed home to rest and maintainence and management have stayed to clean up what we missed. And you can bet I'm heading back to Lou's Rally next time right? I'll be there near ringside for the AirBoss/ Louster fight!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:06 AM   #1290
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
Steph, it was great to finally meet you! Hope to see you soon, and if you ever want to catch lunch sometime, its only a 20 min drive for me!
Hey Laura! Glad to have met you too!! Lunch sounds great, let's pm and set it up!

Who knew Mr. Buck is really a firefighter/professional rescuer?? After my backing the trailer in and awning set up judging Mr. Buck came by, I think Dave is fine though, his blood pressure has gone down and the breathing is normal

Wow Carol I love that description of the rasslin contest there. USA USA!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:28 AM   #1291
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
See why Holly, Jason and I stayed an extra night, the match went down, and we had front row seats.

Steph, Ill PM and we see what we can do.

I hope we can do it all again soon.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:51 PM   #1292
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
thats a nice picture, when was that taken, today?
It was taken shortly after the big Wrestle - as the Bone Crusher won - Slasher packed up the party and moved a little closer to the border.....
Old 08-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #1293
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Ah, okay, that was a great match too.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #1294
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Oh wow also thanks to Lou and Larry (loudruff) for the awesome popcorn, that theater style stuff is great!! Funny how I still had space for it after that wonderful potluck!!
Old 08-07-2007, 02:24 PM   #1295
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
that was some of the best popcorn I have ever had, thanks again Lou and Larry!

Old 08-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #1296
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Popcorn

The popcorn was a fun idea! We had a great time and all of you are more than welcome. We are glad that you enjoyed it. Maybe I can talk Larry into the cotton candy machine next time! LOL!!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:34 AM   #1297
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
A little emabarrising, but....

So...

Did anyone else come home with a MASSIVE amount of insect bites? I must have at least 50 on my ankles. They appear to possibly be sand fleas. Guess I shouldn't have worn sandles in that dirt.

You would have thought I would have felt them, but I guess not. Heck, I wasn't drinking that much
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:15 AM   #1298
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
bugs

The bugs usually love me too. No bites this weekend. I did not spray until night time when we were out there popping the corn. I had shorts and flip flops on the whole time and did not get bit. Sorry, guess they found you instead. Haul out the Cortaid and Benedryl!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:21 AM   #1299
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB
So...

Did anyone else come home with a MASSIVE amount of insect bites? I must have at least 50 on my ankles. They appear to possibly be sand fleas. Guess I shouldn't have worn sandles in that dirt.

You would have thought I would have felt them, but I guess not. Heck, I wasn't drinking that much

YES, i have them all over my legs, some on my left hand, I have over 100 on my right leg alone. At first I thought they were hives, or shingles, or something, they itch SO BAD! I never felt the bites happening, but boy, Im feeling the itch now!

Old 08-08-2007, 09:28 AM   #1300
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I'm sorry for you, but I'm glad it wasn't just me. I was worried my gaucho was infested or something.

Yesterday I went out to my shop for the belt sander the itch was so bad!

I've found Lotrimin Ultra and COLD water spray works great.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote