Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2007, 11:08 PM   #1241
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
When I left the Campgrounds Holly, Jason. Laura, Carol and Sharon were all going to spend another night.. I do feel for Jason ... But I just cant seem to reach,,
Old 08-05-2007, 11:38 PM   #1242
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Lou

I seem to remember that you said that you have to go to a job interview today, and we wanted to wish you Good Luck!!! Hope you are feeling good and can impress them with your wisdom!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:40 PM   #1243
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
vote!!

Hey All! Don't forgit to git your vote in on that thread about the most popular rally. We know that the Metro-Detroit Rally 2006 was great! and this year's rally topped that one!!! Step up and be counted.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:08 AM   #1244
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Here's a photo of Lou's (loudruff) beautiful rally flag!! Thanks to Lou for bringing her great stamping materials to share, wow its an incredible amount of time and skill to get one of those lovely spinner cards going!! Wish I'd gotten a picture of Lou at work, she was so patient and kind to help each of us step by step with the card!!It was so cool too because Lou stamped little washable Airstreams on the kids arms !! They just loved that!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	greatflag!.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	42634  
Old 08-06-2007, 07:51 AM   #1245
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
fort wayne , Indiana
another thanks for a great time once again. Dan and I made it back without any problems.
Laura sorry I missed ya when we rolled out, hope you feel ok!!!!
It was great to see everyone again. I wish I lived a bit closer so I could make it out to the one in the fall. I'll look foward to those pics!!!!
Hats off to Candie I think the adults had as much fun as the kids at the craft table!!!!
Ralphie, thanks for the corn!!!!! I think you should bring some next year.....hey I have an idea....you bring corn....I'll bring wood!!!!!

Lysa
Old 08-06-2007, 08:13 AM   #1246
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Felix says "thanks"!

Thanks Lou! Glad to know the formerly-gay-trailer-named-Felix now rocks.

Hey, I have an idea for next year's summer rally - how about a polishing party? Derek and I can bring all the supplies - including the trailer!

Keep us updated on a possible October rally.

R
dnrtheil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:33 AM   #1247
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowbar68
another thanks for a great time once again. Dan and I made it back without any problems.
Laura sorry I missed ya when we rolled out, hope you feel ok!!!!
It was great to see everyone again. I wish I lived a bit closer so I could make it out to the one in the fall. I'll look foward to those pics!!!!
Hats off to Candie I think the adults had as much fun as the kids at the craft table!!!!
Ralphie, thanks for the corn!!!!! I think you should bring some next year.....hey I have an idea....you bring corn....I'll bring wood!!!!!

Lysa
You have a deal Pyro!! Was great seeing you again.. Yeah we did have fun girl...
Old 08-06-2007, 08:54 AM   #1248
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Thanks to all!

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the great fellowship this past weekend! Dawn & I had a great time on our first real trip in our Safari. You really made us feel welcome, and I appreciate all the tips and help given to us. We really learned a lot! (Including taking down the batwing BEFORE leaving....)

Special thanks goes to Lou and family for the organizing. You have my vote for president next year!

Oh, and a side note: Did anyone find my Water Heater Cover along I-23 or the Ohio Turnpike!? Yikes! It reminded me of the Apollo 13 scene where the astronauts see their spacecraft with a gaping hole in it! That’s what I seen at the gas station when I got out of the truck. Lesson learned- don’t trust weak 37 year old latches.

Again, thanks all around!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:04 PM   #1249
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1airhole
I would like to thank everyone for the hospitaility.
Even though I did not bring my trailer, I enjoyed visiting with all of you.
I hope that someday soon I will be able to join the LPPI now that I know what it is all about.
Lou seems like one very knowledgeable guy when it comes to these trailers. I was impressed by the level of knowledge and experience all of you have. It is like the LPPI is a giant think tank of Airstream people!
Thanks again for having me for the short time I could spend with the select few I did meet.
Ralph, Lou, Joe and Dave are great guys.
Sure glad you took the time to come out and see us #1Airhole...Hope you bring the trailer next time!! You sure seemed to eat alot of our food I noticed...Yes we are GREAT GUYS !!
Old 08-06-2007, 01:10 PM   #1250
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1airhole
I would like to thank everyone for the hospitaility.
Even though I did not bring my trailer, I enjoyed visiting with all of you.
I hope that someday soon I will be able to join the LPPI now that I know what it is all about.
Lou seems like one very knowledgeable guy when it comes to these trailers. I was impressed by the level of knowledge and experience all of you have. It is like the LPPI is a giant think tank of Airstream people!
Thanks again for having me for the short time I could spend with the select few I did meet.
Ralph, Lou, Joe and Dave are great guys.
We were so glad to meet you too. You are such a kind, nice person. Almost like an alternate personality compared to those in attendance! And whenever you need a ride you can borrow my broom anytime. See you at the next rally.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:28 PM   #1251
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Well it kinda feels like the day after Christmas. The fun is over and now the mess is left to clean up. I'm sorry I couldn't get myself out of bed to say goodbye to everyone. So here it is... goodbye and I hope we can see each other at the next rally! Thank you Candie for crafting with Hannah. You have much more patience than I do! For anyone that might be concerned for Rebekah, she only has a few bumps and alot of bruises but otherwise she is ok. She can't help herself, she is always finding trouble. Thanks to Lou, Candie, John and anyone else I am forgetting about for disorganizing the Rally. I really enjoyed checking out the trailers at open house. I wish I had more time so I could see them all. Thanks for all the great food at potlucks. Boy, you guys can cook! I hope my food did not make anyone sick! Long live the LPPI!!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:32 PM   #1252
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Im home!

Well, I just got home! Now Im having to catch up on the 25 plus emails I have gotten in 3 days! Jason, and the "Girls" stayed for an extra night, we had such a great time!

Lysa, I felt fine, just stayed up until 6am on Sunday morning, and finally went to bed, Im so sorry I missed you, but you can count on me making a trip out to Mass. soon! Your Rock!

Steph, it was great to finally meet you! Hope to see you soon, and if you ever want to catch lunch sometime, its only a 20 min drive for me!

To the "Crazy Canadaian," all I can say is WOW! Your bright smile, and drunk ass made the rally, drop down, knee slapping Funny!

To everyone eles, Thank you all for coming, we had a great turnout! I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, I know I did!

Hope we can have an October rally!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #1253
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Thanks to all that attended - it was another really great time. Since Lou noted at the rally that I am the LPPI stats guy (although I think I am VP of something else), I'll give you some numbers:

I counted 21 units at the Rally (plus Sharon, who bunked in Carol's trailer) - 2 Argosy and 18 Airstream Trailers and one Airstream Motorhome (yes, Buck it's a real Airstream - and . . . we were able to watch movies on the side of it).

We had 4 states represented - Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Massachusetts - and 2.5 countries - USofA and Canada, although Sharon says she was born in England, so I give 1/2 credit to England, too.

We had 12 returning Metro-Detroit veterans, and 10 (counting Sharon) newbie's. Lou says the real test is if the newbie's show up a second time. Time will tell if the LPPI retention rate excceds the WBCCI retention rate. A couple of the newbie's were on their maiden voyage or just about. What a compliment that they would chose this rally for that honor.

The oldest Airstream present was a 1964 Tradewind and the newest one's were a couple of 2006's, including a 75th Anniversary Special Edition (the one customized by David Winnick). Trailer sizes ranged from 17 feet to 31 feet.

I wish I'd gotten (or at least remembered) everyone's names and gotten photo's of you and your Airstream, but it didn't happen. Maybe next time.

And speaking of next time, as we were leaving Lou was noting that they might try a redo in early October. Watch this thread for more information.

I think Carol's is the newest, its a 2007!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:43 PM   #1254
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
I think Carol's is the newest, its a 2007!
You may be right, but Carol got it last year, so I sort of assumed it was an '06. I know the Anniversay mnodel was an '06. In any case, I will stand corrected if Carol confirms the vintage of her trailer.

And after my original post I discovered that our fearless leader Lou was the only one representing the decade of the 1980's. We had at least 4 trailers from the 1960's, twice that from the 1970's, 3 or 4 from the 1990's and at least that many from the 2000's, but just Lou's little 'ol '85 Sovereign from the 1980's. Once again Lou held it all together.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #1255
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Groveport , Ohio
Photos

Here are some pics. I like this one of an old and new safari side by side. Thanks again to all for making a special trip special. Robert
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mi rally 032.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	42665   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi rally 031.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	42666  

Name:	Mi rally 005.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	42667  
bertro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #1256
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
Well, I just got home! Now Im having to catch up on the 25 plus emails I have gotten in 3 days! Jason, and the "Girls" stayed for an extra night, we had such a great time!

Lysa, I felt fine, just stayed up until 6am on Sunday morning, and finally went to bed, Im so sorry I missed you, but you can count on me making a trip out to Mass. soon! Your Rock!

Steph, it was great to finally meet you! Hope to see you soon, and if you ever want to catch lunch sometime, its only a 20 min drive for me!

To the "Crazy Canadaian," all I can say is WOW! Your bright smile, and drunk ass made the rally, drop down, knee slapping Funny!

To everyone eles, Thank you all for coming, we had a great turnout! I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, I know I did!

Hope we can have an October rally!
Glad to hear that everyone had a great time.. we missed this one but our good friend Sharon was there... and pray tell.. what was that Crazy Canadian up to... ????
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #1257
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Candie was the real star of this event.
Without her none of if could have happened. She was involved in almost every aspect of the rally. I think she deserves a special place of honor within the LPPI!

I think your right Lou maybe you should marry her and make her the First Lady of the LPPI...? Well any way Thank you Candie very much for spending the time with all the kids your a saint in my book....for lots of reasons.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:12 PM   #1258
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Wanted by the STRIKE TEAM!!!

Reward $0.37 for any information on this guy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	038.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	402.1 KB
ID:	42681  

Old 08-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #1259
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
"......This is your brain on Recipe"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	036.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	42682  

Old 08-06-2007, 07:30 PM   #1260
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
What can I say...Thank you all for the good time and the friendship, and the personal satisfaction of being a part of something. These things are difficult to find these days and in behalf of myself and my family Thank you all.