Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #1221
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Sat afternoon fun

Candie (LPPI's first lady and future rivette if Carol can keep working on Lou!!) worked all afternoon with the kids to make some great crafts, princess dolls for the girls, dragon for Sammy, neat playdough crafts, prizes and more!! Candie take a bow!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Candiescrafts.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	42594   Click image for larger version

Name:	applecreekgang.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	42595  

Old 08-05-2007, 08:43 PM   #1222
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Sharon having fun Sat am
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Sharonputsonhergloves.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	42596  
Old 08-05-2007, 08:55 PM   #1223
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
great time

Larry and I thank one and all for the great time this weekend. We hope that the rest of you had a great time too. We are already looking forward to the next LPPI.
We just arrived home an hour or so ago. We traveled through rain and a big ol' traffic jam on the turnpike, but we arrived safe and sound.
Thanks again! We will post pictures tomorrow.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #1224
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
More Sat am pix

The brunch, Sharon explains the importance of the chocolate food group. The clean plate club salutes the cooks!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	chocolate food group.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	42605   Click image for larger version

Name:	cleanplateclub.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	42606  

Old 08-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #1225
Rivet Master

A real GO-GETTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argosy man
Just wanted to let everybody know what a great time Diane, me and the kids had at the rally! Too bad the last day was so rainy, but fortunately that didn't spoil any of the main events. The pot luck was awesome. The Open House was a great success. The movies and popcorn was a great addition, thanks to Larry and Andy. We really enjoyed the company of the new attendees- Ike and Sue, Derick and Renee and Dan and Donna. I only left others out because I am V.P. of forgetting names. Everybody was great. Just sorry it was over so soon.
I am glad to see that Shawn has taken the bull by the horns, (no, not you Rhonda), and titled himself.
I would like to formally introduce Shawn the VP of Forgetting Names. Shawn has been with the disorganization since its inception at Covenant Hills way back in 2005.
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:26 PM   #1226
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Well looks like several have reported in saying they made it home as I did. What a fun time we had 22 units ( 1 had to leave Fri AM) Was great seeing everyone again and meeting new friends too!! A big thank you to everyone for making it better then ever!!
Old 08-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #1227
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
I was just thinking.. Would it be ok if I brought corn next year???
Old 08-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #1228
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizlann
Thanks for letting us "win" the Levelers in the raffle. I'm so excited!!! So where you all thinking about for October? The girls are all excited about going with us. They had a great time even with mom and dad along. And yes they want to be associate members even if it involves associating with all of us. Hope to see you all in October. LeeAnn
Yes. Harold and LeeAnn were the big raffle winners! They are now the proud owners of a BRAND NEW set of four BAL stabilizer jacks. Please enjoy them as much as I enjoy your company at the rallies.
Tell the girls they are more than welcome to be "associate members".
I am not sure what is on tap for this fall yet. Work is dragging me down so badly, I actually got a call while I was pulling the trailer home! ARGGHHH!
Old 08-05-2007, 10:39 PM   #1229
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnrtheil
BIG 'ol thanks to everyone for making Derek and I feel welcome at the Rally!

We had a great time meeting everyone and hope to have the chance to meet up with ya'll again soon.

A round of applause to everyone who helped organize the event. It was a smashing success.

Renee
Renee,

Felix ROCKS!
I guess you and Derek do too.
I am so glad you guys came. I thoroughly enjoyed your company and the conversation.
I would like to thank everyone as well.
Most importantly, my wife Candie. She ran around and bought some of the raffle prizes, raffle tickets, chicken fixings, etc.... Candie also hung out with all of the kids all day Saturday to do crafts and give the kids some special little surprises she bought. She worked her butt off to help me with this rally.
I would like to thank Andy Neumann, VP in Charge of Anything Lou Wants, for supplying the projector for our movies.
Buck Fredrickson for supplying the "screen" for the movies.
John Ayers for organizing the campground and handling the communications with Marianne.
Larry and Lou Woodruff for providing all of the rally banners and the movie theater popcorn for movie nights.
Ralph for bringing the corn!
I want to thank ALL of the people who donated something for the raffle.
Geez, it is impossible to thank all of you.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:43 PM   #1230
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertro
Thankyou guys so much for the warm welcome. The food was awsome and the company was great, Very well done Wolverines. Also thankyou Lous wife and Sammys Mom for the craft table, The kids loved it. Also thanks to the fellow Ohioan from Westerville for the hose I will see that I get it back to you. I will see you all again. Robert
Robert,
Candie enjoyed working the crafts table with your children. I know that Alexandra was REALLY attached to your little girl! You have an awesome family. Keep up the good work!
Old 08-05-2007, 10:45 PM   #1231
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Thanks to all that attended - it was another really great time. Since Lou noted at the rally that I am the LPPI stats guy (although I think I am VP of something else), I'll give you some numbers:

I counted 21 units at the Rally (plus Sharon, who bunked in Carol's trailer) - 2 Argosy and 18 Airstream Trailers and one Airstream Motorhome (yes, Buck it's a real Airstream - and . . . we were able to watch movies on the side of it).

We had 4 states represented - Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Massachusetts - and 2.5 countries - USofA and Canada, although Sharon says she was born in England, so I give 1/2 credit to England, too.

We had 12 returning Metro-Detroit veterans, and 10 (counting Sharon) newbie's. Lou says the real test is if the newbie's show up a second time. Time will tell if the LPPI retention rate excceds the WBCCI retention rate. A couple of the newbie's were on their maiden voyage or just about. What a compliment that they would chose this rally for that honor.

The oldest Airstream present was a 1964 Tradewind and the newest one's were a couple of 2006's, including a 75th Anniversary Special Edition (the one customized by David Winnick). Trailer sizes ranged from 17 feet to 31 feet.

I wish I'd gotten (or at least remembered) everyone's names and gotten photo's of you and your Airstream, but it didn't happen. Maybe next time.

And speaking of next time, as we were leaving Lou was noting that they might try a redo in early October. Watch this thread for more information.
Ah yes! The VP in Charge of Stats and Useless Information has come through for us again!
Old 08-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #1232
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB
Here are some selected images.......
COOL!
Me, grabbing corn!
Old 08-05-2007, 10:49 PM   #1233
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS
A good time was had by all and one. The Yule log was still burning when we left, even through the rain. We should have been singing Christmas carols. We had a few less units than last year, but the quality was tremendous. All hail Lou, all hail Lou
The rain came at the right time. I am so glad we had good weather with few problems.
I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The girls collapsed just as soon as we got in the door!
Old 08-05-2007, 10:51 PM   #1234
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Candie (LPPI's first lady and future rivette if Carol can keep working on Lou!!) worked all afternoon with the kids to make some great crafts, princess dolls for the girls, dragon for Sammy, neat playdough crafts, prizes and more!! Candie take a bow!!
Candie was the real star of this event.
Without her none of if could have happened. She was involved in almost every aspect of the rally. I think she deserves a special place of honor within the LPPI!
Old 08-05-2007, 10:55 PM   #1235
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Larry and I thank one and all for the great time this weekend. We hope that the rest of you had a great time too. We are already looking forward to the next LPPI.
We just arrived home an hour or so ago. We traveled through rain and a big ol' traffic jam on the turnpike, but we arrived safe and sound.
Thanks again! We will post pictures tomorrow.
Lou and Larry
We are happy knowing you made it home ok. I am sorry to hear it took you so long to get home.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:56 PM   #1236
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
Well looks like several have reported in saying they made it home as I did. What a fun time we had 22 units ( 1 had to leave Fri AM) Was great seeing everyone again and meeting new friends too!! A big thank you to everyone for making it better then ever!!
It just keeps getting better and better!
Each and every year!
Old 08-05-2007, 10:58 PM   #1237
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Candie was the real star of this event.
Without her none of if could have happened. She was involved in almost every aspect of the rally. I think she deserves a special place of honor within the LPPI!
Lou I agree 100% !! She was a silent force in the event for sure.. A big hand to Candie!!!!! So whats she V.P. of now Lou???
Old 08-05-2007, 10:58 PM   #1238
Rivet Master

Quote:
I was just thinking.. Would it be ok if I brought corn next year???
I think you should bring corn instead!
Old 08-05-2007, 11:00 PM   #1239
Rivet Master

Quote:
Lou I agree 100% !! She was a silent force in the event for sure.. A big hand to Candie!!!!! So whats she V.P. of now Lou???
I think I will make her VP of Keeping Lou's Butt Out Of Trouble!
Old 08-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #1240
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
I think I will make her VP of Keeping Lou's Butt Out Of Trouble!
Yeah, like that could ever happen.. She is good but come on Lou..Somethings take years and years and you never get results