Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #941
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I am planning to get some roast pork by hook or by crook Ralph, so I may need to deploy the tactical team's help on that one. AND I may even steal a dance or two!
As I look at your picture Bone Crusher Im thinking who could turn that hottie down??? Or should I say,Who would have the guts to turn her down? Darn nice avatar pic.. I think my $$$ Is on C.J.the BONE CRUSHER Carol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like she could get out a BIG can of whop a_ _ and take care of some big time Bizz... Needed her on the Save Rudy Strike Team!!!!!Because of her size I think she should start lookin for a 3 axel Airstream too...
Old 07-25-2007, 02:59 PM   #942
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Carol,

You can steal all the Pig you want just don't steal any birds or you will be on the wrong side of the strike team.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:05 PM   #943
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
and you wouldnt want that....!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:19 PM   #944
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Food, hmmm well I think we'll bring some country fried flamingo and a nice loaf of homemade bread
Old 07-25-2007, 06:32 PM   #945
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Just got off the phone with the campground. Our turn out is surprising them a bit! Mary Ann, the owner said it was ok that we smoosh the sites together to get everyone on the in-the-round area. Or we can move several people to some "large" sites that sit behind the group area. Consensus on that one? Only issue I see is if it gets hot and we want to run ACs then we will need to park those without AC next to those that do when sharing electrical poles.

Also, she would like to know how many are coming to the pig roast and potluck? I don't remember what we said some 50 odd pages ago (I have set my page length to 50 posts so I don't have to flip so many!!!). Also, Lou's chickens are heaven, is anyone else bringing a meat dish? I intend to do my dutch oven chocolate cake again.

Now, what about Friday? last year we were going to have hot dogs and that sort of happened oddly. We could do that again (and fizzle!) by some of us bring a couple packs of HDs and buns and making them available. Great for those midnight snakins.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:35 PM   #946
HDS
2 Rivet Member

This thing is getting out of hand, and someone is going to get hurt. Lou, are you smoking cluckers again? If so, put one on for me. See you all next week
HDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #947
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Food, hmmm well I think we'll bring some country fried flamingo and a nice loaf of homemade bread
Wellllllllllllllll its on now!!!!! We try to keep our Flamingos safe. Dont make the STRIKE TEAM come after you Sista !!!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:23 PM   #948
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Just got off the phone with the campground. Our turn out is surprising them a bit! Mary Ann, the owner said it was ok that we smoosh the sites together to get everyone on the in-the-round area. Or we can move several people to some "large" sites that sit behind the group area. Consensus on that one? Only issue I see is if it gets hot and we want to run ACs then we will need to park those without AC next to those that do when sharing electrical poles.

Also, she would like to know how many are coming to the pig roast and potluck? I don't remember what we said some 50 odd pages ago (I have set my page length to 50 posts so I don't have to flip so many!!!). Also, Lou's chickens are heaven, is anyone else bringing a meat dish? I intend to do my dutch oven chocolate cake again.

Now, what about Friday? last year we were going to have hot dogs and that sort of happened oddly. We could do that again (and fizzle!) by some of us bring a couple packs of HDs and buns and making them available. Great for those midnight snakins.
Hot dogs sound great to me. It is simple and doesn't require any fussing. If people arrive late it is no big deal to warm some up whenever they are ready to grab a bite. Midnight snack on a stick is a great idea too. I'm sure I will have some muchies , apts or chips or even some beans as I think others may have too.

I would like you to put me in the head count for Marie for the pig roast and pot luck. That way I can run over grab a plate of food, leave a dish for them too, and sneak back for the band later. I'll just bring 2 dishes one for each potluck. Someone just be sure to bring the Bromo!

I don't mind and would actually prefer being in a large site behind the group area. It'll be easier for me to park. If its hot and I have AC fine if not that is ok too. I don't intend to be sitting inside much anyway.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #949
HDS
2 Rivet Member

Is that flamingo finger lickin good, will that be origional or crispy?
HDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:04 AM   #950
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITOWAIR
Boy oh boy are things getting out of control.

If the rally is half as wild as the thread we will never get out of there alive.

Anyway is there going to be a pot luck????

I know it was talked about some where back in the 60 some odd pages .
Yes, the potluck is still on.
I am doing my usual chickens!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:13 AM   #951
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
Is there a food sign up list for the potluck? A very helpfull & easy thing, Moraine View rally lists the potluck dish next to the attendee's name.

Q. 1. We bring our own main/meat course plus the side dish (for 6-8 or 8-10?), right?
2. Is Lou roasting whole chickens and what does one do to get one if one chooses to do so? Not sure if he does/did that for the whole camp or not but either way, it's not a problem for us. That's a lot of chix at this point since the group has probably grown.

sue
Sue,
The potluck has worked out well with everyone bringing a dish to pass.
I usually do four chickens but this year will probably require eight. I can do up chickens ahead too. If you want one for yourself I can do it at cost. I am not even sure what that would be right now. Take the price of the average roasting chicken plus about $2-3 in brining and seasoning and BAM! you have the price!
If you want to buy the chicken and bring it on over to my house ahead of time that works too. My smoker that I bring along to the rally can only handle four chickens at a time. I figure if I get there Thursday morning, I can smoke four from Thursday to Friday and four from Friday to Saturday. It takes 12-16 hours to brine the birds and then it takes about 12-16 hours to smoke them good.
If you want me to brine and smoke your bird make sure to have it here before Monday of next week.
If you bring your bird over the total cost would be $2-3 for your bird! Tell me if that is not incentive to bring your own bird over!
Old 07-26-2007, 02:15 AM   #952
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
I hope we join with the pig roast.. Would take care of the meat for us and thats good eatin for sure!!!! I was thinking of bringing corn.. I wonder if that would be ok?? LOL///
Hey Ralph!
I have another iidea!
Why not bring..... corn?
Old 07-26-2007, 02:17 AM   #953
Rivet Master

[quote=wheel interested]Stand Down Girls, I'll tell you when!

That's not to say I still won't have room for my entire smoked chicken I ordered from you Lou if you are still making chickens. MMMMMMMMMMM/quote]
You have your own chicken spoken for, Carol! Yours and ALL yours!
Old 07-26-2007, 02:26 AM   #954
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2

Mary Ann is probably going to have a massive coronary come Friday evening!
As for smooshing us together, I have no problem with not running my A/C through the night. Only if it gets too danged hot at night. If it is anything like last year, I will not run the air at all. I will be sure to bring my big ole fans to cool it off in the new LPPI Mobile Command Center!
I am going to double up on the chickens and if anyone wants one of their own please either drop it off at my home by Monday or let me know. I should be able to do a double batch before I leave on Wednesday night. I can probably start smoking them early on Thursday to try to get more of them done while at the rally.
We can bring a big package of Costco hotdogs. How does that sound?
If someone else can bring the buns and someone else can bring the condiments we would be all set! What about a grill to cook them on?
Old 07-26-2007, 02:28 AM   #955
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS
This thing is getting out of hand, and someone is going to get hurt. Lou, are you smoking cluckers again? If so, put one on for me. See you all next week
Right now I have two chickens reserved.
I have:
Carol - 1
Harold - 1

Anyone else want their own? If you live too far away from me to bring it over then let me know. I will front you....
Old 07-26-2007, 06:47 AM   #956
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Breakfast?

I would bring the buns, but I probably won't get there till after 8.... So, how about if I bring about 4 dozen baked goods for Sat morning? I'm thinking krispy kreme assortment.

Hey Lou, if available, put my name on a chicken please!

If I bring a dutch oven dish to prepare, will there be a fire ring to share or should I pack charcoal & fire supplies?

Thanks!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:14 AM   #957
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
We still have Sharon and she makes up for three families of Canucks!
Hey sorry folks just been a bit pre-occupied hmm lets see - WITH MYSELF LATELY

just sent john a PM...

I am coming just don't know in what yet??? or with whom??? but that is a Woman's best trait - to keep everyone around her including herself in total suspense!!!!!! The spice of life - and you people thought it was all about "mud wrestling and finding Judy or was that Rudy???" oh heck just pass me a cold one stick me in a chair and feed me if I go pale or start to nod will ya....

Okay someone give me the SHORT VERSION OF THAT COP STORY WILL YA I am not good at speed reading a billion posts to catch up....

Who is a cop and cop of a Dad cop and cops'r'us and all that and what do ya mean we have to behave!!! I ain't going in no forest - only CJ does that to get wood at 3:00am in the morning - or she is out shooting something - maybe squirrel or possom for the next days potluck maybe...

But I see her white flag...so she is putting on her goodie two shoes for the weekend - good thing fellas - would have been quite the match....maybe if I push her she might stray a bit then you all can go on a Bone Crusher hunt...

10,000 views WOW no wonder - I had to do at least 9999 of them just to catch up!

hate to break it to ya but no one other than a canuck can fill a canuck void - lets just get that straight now - I would hate for any of my nice henkles to go astray - Lou you might want to get that butcher safety netting out....

Oh by the way very cool VAN - did you get it yet??? Blue is okay too - I only say that because I may have to ride in one for a spell and do not wish to rock the boat on colours....but Charcol Grey Rocks!!!!

Anything else I need to up date you all on....Oh yes can't remember all the names of you new daring folk that have decided to embark on this fine upstanding about to happen but once in a life time Rally - I am rared up to give you a big ol'e canuk -tink tink. Just don't sit by me as I have been known to push people off their lawn chairs very unexpectedly....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:15 AM   #958
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Coney sauce, mustard, and onions

Hey Lou,

I'll bring coney sauce, mustard, and onions just in case anyone wants to try hot dogs Detroit style on Friday night...

Well to avoid any fowlness over organic free range amish raised fried flamingo Dave will make his tarheel country fried steak and gravy with white rice, and I'll bring homemade bread for the potluck Saturday. Are we cool now Ralphie??

I think we'll pass on the pig roast/band and stay on the rally side. Btw we were going to bring some kid dvds for Sam on Sat eve, kids and their adults are welcome we'd have it set up outside our trailer probably "Cars" or "monsters inc" along that line.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:21 AM   #959
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
hey steph - is that you I see in that avatar!! hanging over the balcony???

Man is knowing how to cook a pre-requisite of this Rally - gosh I will bring the beer --never know what we can bring over the border these days - and you just know that the USofA is a Foreign Country so I would have no clue what to purchase for some of my renouned recipes....

I think I will have to ponder on that a while - Hate to see waste and bring too much food now right????
Old 07-26-2007, 07:24 AM   #960
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Right now I have two chickens reserved.
I have:
Carol - 1
Harold - 1

Anyone else want their own? If you live too far away from me to bring it over then let me know. I will front you....
I'd order one Lou but I would probably have to share it with the guard at the gate to get back in....next thing we will LPPI sydrom in Chickens and the borders will be shut down for all chicke and it's uses including the use of rubber chickens in photos and other mud wreslting techniques....

But I'll eat one there and in my travels... if I take a week to get home again I just might need one to survive the trip with