Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-24-2007, 07:34 PM   #901
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertro
I'm going to try to make the 224 mile trip to this one. I wish I could have been at the buckeye rally but it didn't work out. I can't wait to meet the good people in blue,Or should I say silver. I've only made #4 trips in the AS and this will be the first solo trip. I hope all pans out.Thanks Robert
Welcome! I hope you make it - the more the merrier.

You can officially sign up here:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...8-3;&e=351&c=1

Also, learn from my mistake and also send a private message to AYRSTRM2 or our beloved leader pattersontoo announcing your participation.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:36 PM   #902
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Yes My names Friday..Im a Cop...
Old 07-24-2007, 07:37 PM   #903
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
My daughter Silvertwin was just here reading and saw you have a 71 Safari.. They have a 72.. She said,, I hope they come!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #904
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
good

Quote:
I'm going to try to make the 224 mile trip to this one. I wish I could have been at the buckeye rally but it didn't work out. I can't wait to meet the good people in blue,Or should I say silver. I've only made #4 trips in the AS and this will be the first solo trip. I hope all pans out.Thanks Robert
Some of the rest of us will be there...looking forward to meeting you!

Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:25 PM   #905
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
calendar

Robert, don't forget to go to the calendar and sign up for this event. PM Pattersontoo and let him know you are coming. Lou P. is trying to keep track of all of us! LOL
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:35 PM   #906
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Save Rudy!!

Okay, I believe it is time for my side of the story.

First off, I can never remember my father saying he was a cop so many times, only a few.

I guess it started after a few drinks on Friday night, early Saturday, my father, Dave, Jason, Holly and I were sitting by the camp fire, having some snacks. Rhonda had gone to the van to get something, and all of a sudden I hear "Those %&*$'s took my Rudy!" It took about 1.7 seconds for myself, my dad, Holly and Jason to get into the woods. Holly went to the east, Jason and Myself went right in the woods, Dad went to the west. Jason and I using lighters to see in the dark woods when we come across a young man, running and out of breath. We asked him where it was, he replied with "What are you talking about?" Thats all it took for me to come to the concusion that he was drunk. Jason and I followed him to the edge of the woods where the next thing I see, my father has a flashlight in his hand, shinning it right it the mans face. (After all, he is Friday the cop) Then the young man jumped over about 2 fense's but couldnt get away from us. My dad grabed him by the shirt collar and started telling him how it was. I didnt lose my cool until he called my father "Hommie" WRONG MOVE, I yelled at him telling him was going to call my father Sir. (After being in CAP for 8 years, I did learn that much) Then all of a sudden out of nowhere comes another young man. The two men knew each other, and acted like they didnt know anything. Telling us that they were walking the trails. If you read back, you will remember me stating we found the man out of breath. Why would you be walking the trails at night, but for some reason be out of breath? At this point Dave was there, with myself, Dad, Holly, Jason, Rhonda, and a man from campsite 52. (Which happend to be right next to where these men where camping) Rhonda asked where the girl was? The men said what girl, and said they didnt have any girls staying with them. Thank the good lord that the man from campsite 52 was looking at who he was camping next to, and said "I know there is a girl with you, where is she?" That was enough for dad, so he and Holly went to go get the owner of the campground and Ranger Joe. Well, you wouldnt believe how this worked out, the girl was walking down the road with a man, someone asked is that them. The man from 52 said yes, and we went over and started questioning them. They stated that they were walking to see the stars and wanted to use the restroom. Trying to get the truth out of them, we started asking them all questions. Stories were not adding up. They all said they would help us search to clear their names. A few minutes later here comes the owner and Ranger Joe on the golf cart. Dad and Holly followed right behind them, Holly went to the camper to change, get something long seleves to start the search for Rudy. Dad didnt let anyone out of his site, and was being lied to, right in front of his face. Dave, our new body ( I mean family) guard stoped dad from crushing the young mans face in. I asked to speak and told Ranger Joe the truth, nothing about how we know they did it, I got names, and said it the way it was. Ranger Joe and I agreed that we should start the search for Rudy. As I started up the hill to go to the woods where Jason and I had first come across the first young man, I see Holly and Tom saying they had found it, everyone came very quickly up the hill, Ranger Joe then askes me how many more are we missing, I tell him this is the only victim, and he askes to speak to the men and the lady by himself and the owner, after about 5 mins, I go over, and try to make peace. I didnt want any more problems from them for the rest of the weekend. We made peace, and we returned to our campsites to tell more stories of the night.

And that is the way I remember it, the night ended about 2am, long night, but Rudy was back home.

Sorry about any spelling mistakes, its late!

Hope Rudy gets better soon!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:48 PM   #907
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
All is well but your directions.. I headed South Southeast..LOL..
Old 07-24-2007, 08:49 PM   #908
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
All is well but your directions.. I headed South Southeast..LOL..

I knew i wouldnt get it all right

Old 07-24-2007, 08:51 PM   #909
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
You aren't getting any trouble from me, that's for darn tootin', sirs and m'ams.
Attached Images

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:53 PM   #910
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
ha, thats great!

Old 07-24-2007, 09:02 PM   #911
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
You aren't getting any trouble from me, that's for darn tootin', sirs and m'ams.
Too funny C.J.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:26 PM   #912
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan

Hey Lou, congratulations over 10,000 views!

Hey how did you sneak in here?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:18 AM   #913
Rivet Master

Quote:
Like I said....
I guess you are too old to know what a Jedi Knight is...
Yoda was like THE Jedi Knight!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #914
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
I remember Dragnet - the original TV show. But I can't remember if I saw the movie remake.

Harry Morgan (Colonel Sherman Potter on M.A.S.H.) was Sgt. Friday's sidekick.
I only got to see the original on Nick at Nite!
Old 07-25-2007, 12:21 AM   #915
Rivet Master

Quote:
That was the second series Joe. The first was in black and white and his sidekick was Frank Smith.. heavyset guy....Always in a suit and a hat...Thats was his name in the show.. let me get my thinking cap on and maybe I can come up with his real name...
Try The Internet Movie Data Base you will find every old TV show and movie on there. As well as the actors' histories!
Old 07-25-2007, 12:22 AM   #916
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
but they didn't go to the gym!

but they did wear tighter pants!!!!
Now you have ruined my image of those guys!
Old 07-25-2007, 12:24 AM   #917
Rivet Master

Quote:
Robert,
I am glad to see you posting!
We all hope you can make it!
It is going to be a blast!
Old 07-25-2007, 12:26 AM   #918
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Welcome! I hope you make it - the more the merrier.
Also, learn from my mistake and also send a private message to AYRSTRM2 or our beloved leader pattersontoo announcing your participation.
He already PM'ed me!
I like that! Someone who is proactive!
Old 07-25-2007, 12:27 AM   #919
Rivet Master

Quote:
Yes My name's Yoda..I'm a Jedi...
See above....
Edited for accuracy yet again.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:29 AM   #920
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Robert, don't forget to go to the calendar and sign up for this event. PM Pattersontoo and let him know you are coming. Lou P. is trying to keep track of all of us! LOL
Keeping track of all of you is like trying to herd cats!