Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #617
We can tow it!
 
tin sista's Avatar
 
1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,625
Images: 82
Hey Lou,
Great idea about the open house!! Its nice to have a time set up so we can have the trailer ready for company

Dave made a ladder golf set from pvc pipes, we'd be happy to bring it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mid May 07 004.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	41098  
__________________

__________________
Steph in MI Air# 6996-
I Hockeytown USA!!
tin sista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #618
Rivet Master
 
wheel interested's Avatar
 
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,039
That looks interesting Steph, what is this new game Lou mentioned?

Lou skip the lawn jarts I was only teasing. We got rid of those after they were said to be dangerous. Thank goodness too because you should see where the frisbe ends up when I throw it! Or do you have some, just not for the kids I think. The three legged race would be fun to do and watch.

Kids could have a wheelbarrow race. Or maybe set-up a little old time arcade with dropping the pins in the bottles or ringing the bottle necks with small prizes. How many children do we have coming? When I was small there was the fishing pond. You erect a sheet (the water) over the clothesline and each child fishes with their pole, behind the curtain prizes or little trinkets are attached and then the child pulls back the line and pole with a surprise.

Adult teams could have that relay race where they pass the potato from chin to chin.

Open house on Saturday? And Potluck on Saturday at what time?
__________________

__________________
Caroljb



photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:16 AM   #619
We can tow it!
 
tin sista's Avatar
 
1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,625
Images: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
That looks interesting Steph, what is this new game Lou mentioned?
I think it might be, we've seen it with golf balls on a rope, kids and adults seem to enjoy it. I've seen the game described in various ways, with different rules, but its fun. Noticed in Ky and MI camping many folks were playing a sort of bean bag game with big wooden platform targets on the ground with various points for where it lands on the platform, and if it goes into the hole in the platform.
__________________
Steph in MI Air# 6996-
I Hockeytown USA!!
tin sista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #620
Rivet Master
 
AYRSTRM2's Avatar
 
1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 939
Images: 4
Lou, we have not screen tents or awnings unfortunately.
__________________
John

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:21 PM   #621
Rivet Master
 
wheel interested's Avatar
 
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,039
Lawn games would be super. We also saw lots of those bean bag platform games at my son's on the 4th, must be the new rage. The neighbors were at it all afternoon long. Thanks for the link for ladder ball Steph. What do you use for throwing on your game?

I too have no shelters, wonder if we could pitch in and rent a tent. I am assuming the building has been taken then? That's okay because the food will be closer now!

Let's start our potluck list. And no Lou I will not be bringing Kentucky Fried Chicken or spam casserole.
__________________
Caroljb



photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #622
4 Rivet Member
 
eikel1we's Avatar
 
1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 450
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Lightbulb Canopies

I was just thinking, which occasionally causes trouble, about the setting up of canopies. Looking at the campground map it looks like the center of our area is an open. If so, and permited, what does everyone think about renting a large tent for the middle with each site sharing, a reasonable cost ("reasonable" to be determined by the group)? We'd have shelter from the elements in a common area rather than broken up by individual shelters. Just a thought.

sue
__________________
sue and ike
'75 Tradewind - 25'
"Cupcake" air-912
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:05 PM   #623
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Hey Lou,
Great idea about the open house!! Its nice to have a time set up so we can have the trailer ready for company

Dave made a ladder golf set from pvc pipes, we'd be happy to bring it!
Thanks Steph! Sounds good!
I would like to get some games going for the kids and the adults alike.
I would think that having the open house from 10:00-12:00 to be a good time to do it.
What does everyone think of an egg toss? I am planning on doing up award certificates for the winners of the events.
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:07 PM   #624
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Lou skip the lawn jarts I was only teasing. We got rid of those after they were said to be dangerous.
They have been making a kid safe version of Lawn Jarts for over 20 years now.
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #625
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
I think it might be, we've seen it with golf balls on a rope, kids and adults seem to enjoy it. I've seen the game described in various ways, with different rules, but its fun. Noticed in Ky and MI camping many folks were playing a sort of bean bag game with big wooden platform targets on the ground with various points for where it lands on the platform, and if it goes into the hole in the platform.
I learned a game from Texas that is played instead of horseshoes! (I guess they actually use their horseshoes on horses out there!).
It is known as "Washer Toss".
You take large washers and paint half of them red and half of them blue.
You toss the washers at a slanted board with a hole in it. You are awarded points depending upon how close you are to the hole. If you hit the hole you are awarded the maximum amount of points for one toss. Sort of like horseshoes.....
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #626
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Lou, we have not screen tents or awnings unfortunately.
Then bring yourself!
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:13 PM   #627
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Lawn games would be super. We also saw lots of those bean bag platform games at my son's on the 4th, must be the new rage. The neighbors were at it all afternoon long. Thanks for the link for ladder ball Steph. What do you use for throwing on your game?

I too have no shelters, wonder if we could pitch in and rent a tent. I am assuming the building has been taken then? That's okay because the food will be closer now!

Let's start our potluck list. And no Lou I will not be bringing Kentucky Fried Chicken or spam casserole.
DARN!
I was so looking forward to having KFC!
Of course it does not compare to my chickens!
I am actually contemplating doing smoked turkeys this year. What do you guys think?
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #628
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
I was just thinking, which occasionally causes trouble, about the setting up of canopies. Looking at the campground map it looks like the center of our area is an open. If so, and permited, what does everyone think about renting a large tent for the middle with each site sharing, a reasonable cost ("reasonable" to be determined by the group)? We'd have shelter from the elements in a common area rather than broken up by individual shelters. Just a thought.

sue
Sue,

I'm game.
I think the average cost of a large tent is about $200 for a weekend rental. Usually that would be from Saturday morning to Sunday morning.
If that were the pricing.... with 25-plus attendees.... lemme think..... ..... ok.... that is less than 10 bucks per unit! TADA!
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #629
Rivet Master
 
Airboss's Avatar
 
1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,071
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
I have a 10x10 canopy I could bring too...
__________________
"If your not living life on the edge... Your taking up too much room. WANTED, Single lady who loves and has a Airstream. Please send photo of Airstream and Tow Vehicle
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member) RALPH, KW8G..WBCCI # 4201 Metro Detroit & 4CU TAC # MI-007
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #630
We can tow it!
 
tin sista's Avatar
 
1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,625
Images: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
What do you use for throwing on your game?
Hey Carol, we use golf balls attached to a rope.

Our game is really much simpler than the website, top rung is 3 pts, middle rung is 2 pts, bottom is 1. Each player throws 3 times per turn. After the players turn they collect the balls and give them to the next person.

Audience members are supposed to make lotsa noise like "hey batta batta swing..." kinda stuff. Its a hoot. We saw kids and adults competing it was too funny!! If we set it up for kids its closer, if we set it up for adults its further apart. If I'm playing I get really close The highest number/game is over at 21. Many can play at the same time.
__________________

__________________
Steph in MI Air# 6996-
I Hockeytown USA!!
tin sista is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AIR Midwest : midwest rally maznblu Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 18 01-01-2010 09:55 PM
Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Rally... InsideOut WBCCI Rallies & Events 28 12-08-2006 06:39 PM
Photos from the St. Patricks Day Rally @ Desert Star Ranch Andy R Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 4 03-22-2005 12:07 AM
Mystic Springs 2003 rally!! thenewkid64 Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 41 04-02-2003 05:52 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.