Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2007, 08:02 AM   #641
Rivet Master

Please speak up...

Please let John know that you are intending on coming to the rally.
We need to know how many to expect.
John is "The List Keeper" so he is the one to PM. You can PM me but I would just PM John.
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:05 AM   #642
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
The plan

We are planning to be there! We are anticipating lots of fun!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:17 AM   #643
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
I've never played or even watched but they have bean bag tournaments at the Moose Lodge Ike joined. I guess it's been a popular activitiy there for a while now and they even have "bean bag courts". Maybe we should look into joining that or make our own game for at home.
Hey Sue, I found some plans for the game, but decided I'd rather have Dave fix our stairway at home, so it will have to be next year for us....here's some online plans...
How To Build Your Own Cornhole Game Platforms - from Jim and Lynnette's Fun Times Guide

Lou P, Dave has the same objection to the name of the game, he insists that I call it the bean bag game at home. I guess down south that word is offensive...
Old 07-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #644
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Hey Sue, I found some plans for the game, but decided I'd rather have Dave fix our stairway at home, so it will have to be next year for us....here's some online plans...
How To Build Your Own Cornhole Game Platforms - from Jim and Lynnette's Fun Times Guide

Lou P, Dave has the same objection to the name of the game, he insists that I call it the bean bag game at home. I guess down south that word is offensive...
Um....
Yes it is....
Here too!
Old 07-14-2007, 09:04 PM   #645
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Well Dave (DragNwagon) was here by 9:30 AM and the new wheels were back on the Caravel by 1:20 Pm. Thanks Dave for all the help. We did have a great time too...As far as Airedale. She does not think she will get that weekend off. That would be 3 in a row for her..We put her name in just in case it happened. Looks like that spot will be open. We will keep ya posted guys..She did pull the Caravel around the neighborhood this afternoon and did a great job If I do say so myself..LOL.. Ralph
Old 07-14-2007, 10:53 PM   #646
Rivet Master

Speaking of towing something for the first time....
I am taking the Safari out with the 25 footer tomorrow morning, before people are out and about. If it tows good then I will be all set for the rally! If not, then I gotta hurry up and find something to tow it with!
I am sure it will do fine. That van has hauled my Argosy 24 from here to Shreveport, LA, up to Kentucky Lake and then finally home. It did it without a problem! I am sure I will be ok towing this one the 70-80 miles to Grass Lake and back.
Just the same, I want to tow it up the M-53 E-way in the early morning hours so I can see how it will do. I hooked them up together and put all of the weight on the van. It held up just fine. I will snap off a few pictures so I can rid myself of the horrible PhotoShop job I did on my avatar!
Wish me luck!
Old 07-14-2007, 11:15 PM   #647
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Pma

You just need to keep that Positive Mental Attitude! And repeat over and over....I think I can....I think I can....I think I can....I think I can!!!!!!!
Good luck! Make sure you let us all know how it goes!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:08 AM   #648
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Lou, you can tow it! You go Boy! Just make sure mr. policeman doesn't get you for exposure now that the 25' is of the naked variety.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:35 AM   #649
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Yeah Lou, Go go BOY!!! Im sure it will do fine. is that what your towing it with to X-Mas??? Hey still have a site left for my rally..Come on C.J.OOPs Bone Crusher Carol, Join the fun girl...Ralph
Old 07-15-2007, 09:29 AM   #650
Rivet Master

Well, with me being the afternoon shift type of person that I am I did not get up this morning.
I am going to tow tonight though. Once all of the traffic has died down. Anyone wanna come over and help?
I really do not think I am goinng to make the X-mas in July rally though.
I did not put in for the time off before the "open enrollment" for vacation time had ended. This means that I cannot really plan any additional time off. We are going to b e running 6 and 7 days a week for the next month or so. Since I am working 12-14 hour days this makes for some SERIOUS bling! It is really hard to pass up working a Saturday or Sunday and making a little extra cash.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:16 AM   #651
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Silvertwin Send a message via MSN to Silvertwin Send a message via Yahoo to Silvertwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
Yeah Lou, Go go BOY!!! Im sure it will do fine. is that what your towing it with to X-Mas??? Hey still have a site left for my rally..Come on C.J.OOPs Bone Crusher Carol, Join the fun girl...Ralph

I am devising my plan of action for my decorations for x-mas in July! Check out my picture from last year on my profile! That was a great site dad...this year I will not be able to have it facing out like that. Different measures must be taken LOL!

One site left...thats great!

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Join me on the Magical Aluminum Mystery Tour!
Silvertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:25 AM   #652
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Well If Lou is not coming that will make 2 sites left..
Old 07-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #653
Rivet Master

Ralph,
I want to make it. I really do need a break from work.
It is one of those things....
Work and get paid or don't work and get fired. I like the first option the best.
The girls are going to be bummed but, since they are so young, I am sure they will get over it.
I am gonna be the one that is scarred for life. I have to miss seeing Ralph and Dave! Man, I miss you guys! I wish you guys could have made it out to the potluck dinner here back in February.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:13 AM   #654
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Well I have now called everyone that is coming to X-Mas in July.. Looks like everything is set for the potluck on Saturday. Going to be a great meal!!! Have only 2 sites left and one of them may be gone just not sure yet..Remember Santa will be there.. Dance and Band on Saturday night. Hay Ride too...Great swimming lake, you can also tube the river. 1st 2nd and 3rd place gifts for best decorated sites within our group. I have some great gifts lined up... Ralph
Old 07-15-2007, 04:20 PM   #655
Rivet Master

Well, I did it!

I towed the 25 footer around the block and the van pulled it like it was nobody's business!
I took a couple of new pictures of it since I had it hooked up and backed into the driveway! I was so proud of my little workhorse of a van!

Geez! It looks so big hooked up to my van! I was really surprised that it did so well.
Tonight I am going to take it up the e-way to see how well she does on a longer distance trip!
In the top picture you can see part of the back end of my mom's 1973 31 footer! That one was bought BRAND NEW in Nov. 1972 by my dad!
Old 07-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #656
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Nice pictures Lou. How did she feel all that Airstream? You must be loving it! Can't wait for Open House. I am sure the drive to Apple Creek will be just fine. How do your towing numbers check out anyway? How was the circle?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #657
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey look at that crazy cannuck towing with a van ha ha ha ha

hey your naked lady's got a good set of four brakes on her what do you think they were put on there for anyway for show.....

Is that an Astro van or 350 something or other. You got the Hensley to don't you???

Piece of cake.... pay no nevermind to those boys with their big toys - cause your a dainty man ready to be inducted into the Rivettes anyway - okay that was going a bit too far

and then again did you see some of the power them gals were towing with.... you might want to come in in the Dark....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:08 PM   #658
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
Hey look at that crazy cannuck towing with a van ha ha ha ha

hey your naked lady's got a good set of four brakes on her what do you think they were put on there for anyway for show.....

Is that an Astro van or 350 something or other. You got the Hensley to don't you???

Piece of cake.... pay no nevermind to those boys with their big toys - cause your a dainty man ready to be inducted into the Rivettes anyway - okay that was going a bit too far

and then again did you see some of the power them gals were towing with.... you might want to come in in the Dark....
Oh, you are gonna pay for that.... Remember, you have an "initiation" to go through still! I am going to handle your initiation PERSONALLY!
As for the "H" word... I would NEVER EVER own one of their hitches. Number one; they are like rocket science for your bumper. Number two; they advertise it, (still to this day), with a Dodge Intrepid towing a 34' Airstream. If that were true then I should be able to tow my 25' with my Pontiac Vibe! I am using plain old torsion bars with an anti-sway bar.
It towed like a DREAM! It does have all it can handle with that trailer. I would not go any higher.
BTW, I will be coming in during the dark. I will be arriving early Thursday morning. I get out of work Thursday morning around 2 a.m. so I will leave here about 4 a.m.; arriving at Apple Creek around 6 a.m. I figure I will probably be the first one there!
I am going to set up and then go to sleep! I figure I can get in a good nap before any of the other early arrivals get in.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:11 PM   #659
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Good for you Lou! She's a beauty!!
Old 07-15-2007, 09:42 PM   #660
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Good for you Lou! She's a beauty!!
Well, the van knows there is a lot of trailer back there! I am hoping it will not be a fight. It towed nice, no sway and she did not bounce a lot.