Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-22-2007, 08:36 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Talking Welcome

[quote=

Look forward (I think) to meeting everyone in August.

Renee & Derek[/quote]
Sure! Come along. Once Lou puts you through the initiation process(which doesn't hurt too bad) it's alot of fun. You might even get to be VP of something or another! Maybe VP of foolishly spending money but then we are all guilty of that.

Rhonda
VP of BS
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:16 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
Lou,
How in the hell did you let this new thread deteriorate so fast? All you guys are talking smack. Remember last year, I'm ready to party and everybody goes to bed a midnight except me and Airpyro. A new rule this year. nobody can go to bed until the oldest,next oldest,etc. has tucked in. If you're going to talk the talk, you have to walk the walk.
55 gal. of bloody marys eh. If we start at 6pm, we should have it gone by 9pm eh. HOLY WAAA.
Oh, by the way, I think Grace and I are coming if I can stay on this side of the grass until Aug.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:53 PM   #43
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
OK...now wait a dang minute. You left us out! We ARE charter members!!
I may have to keep my beanies and stay home!
Lou and Larry
Well, I could always make you VP of something derogatory I can accomodate you.
A charter member is still the highest you can achieve in the LPPI.
A VP is usually someone that did something silly, or just got caught in my sights, to qualify for the brunt of my harassment. Of course it is good-natured harassment.
You have now been put in my sights so here is the official LPPI announcement....
DRUM ROLL, PLEASE!
Larry and Lou Woodruff are now the new VP's in charge of beanie wearing enforcement. Since you mentioned beanies you are now the official VP's!
With your new title comes added responsibilities. You must be certain that all LPPI members are wearing their beanies during SANCTIONED LPPI meetings, events, brew ha-ha's, riots and potty breaks. Not that you have to patrol the bathrooms but you do have to make sure that if it is a SANCTIONED LPPI potty break that all members MUST be wearing their beanies!
Since we have no one in charge of parking the trailers you must also be sure that all coaches are parked out of order and incorrectly. We must also be certain that there are no "vintage sections" as we do not want to offend the members who own the newer, less sought after, coaches. We do not want them to feel left out. By the way, the new LPPI Mobile Command Center will be considered close enough to vintage as it is already 22 years old. I know, Buck has liver spots older than that but those are just the LPPI rules. I don't make up the rules I just..... Oh wait..... I do make up the rules... Ok, new rule! I can say that I do not make up the rules when it benefits me......
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:06 PM   #44
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda
He left me out too. I guess I'm not worthy to be VP of BS anymore.
You are not a Charter VP...
I am sorry that I have not made up a new rule that states that I can make people honorary Charter Members.
Sorry, I don't make up the rules I just.... Oh wait.... I did it again..... I do make up the rules....
Ok. New rule.... I can tell people that we do not have a provision in the LPPI Charter, (the charter is not written on paper, it is all in my head because it is too valuable), to allow for Honorary Charter Member status.
Ok...
One more new rule.....
In order to become achieve the high level of Charter Member via the NEW Honorary Charter Member clause, (Article 12, Section 22, Sub-section 35b, Paragraph 56 of the LPPI Charter and Wild Game Cookbook), You can only become an LPPI Honorary Charter Member if you attend two, (2) consecutive SANCTIONED LPPI events. This would include rallies, potlucks, dinner gatherings, brew ha-ha's and potty breaks. Or if you have ever dumped the Cermonial Black Tank of the LPPI you will qualify for instant Honorary Charter Member status. This honor will be bestowed upon all who submit proof of qualification, (i.e. signed field trip permission slip from 5th grade, receipt for camping from previous rallies, stolen items from Lou's house from the potluck), during the annual installation of LPPI officers and other important club stuff at the SANCTIONED LPPI rally, where you MUST be wearing your beanie.
Now that was one heck of a new rule!
I was taught the the more words in a rule, the more important it sounds.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:11 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnrtheil
We're back! You might remember we posted about a month ago..back then we were brand spankin' new owners of a '64 Tradewind named Felix. Now we're the extremely tired, very broke owners of a '64 Tradewind named "the damned airstream fomerly known as Felix". We've been spending every waking moment on the AS since the weekend after Easter and I'll be darned if he's not starting to look pretty good, IMHO (at least the inside, the outside is an entirely different story).

So anyhow, we're still interested in coming to the rally(even after reading all the previous posts - a sure sign something is wrong with us) and will plan to arrive on Friday night. I'd love to get there Thursday. But we'll need that extra day of work to pay for whatever breaks tomorrow. (and believe me, something will).

Look forward (I think) to meeting everyone in August.

Renee & Derek
Renee and Derek,

Yeah, you guys will have a BLAST!
We do have an initiation into the LPPI for new members. If it is your first rally you have to recite the LPPI creed, oath and show us the secret handshake. We also have to teach you the official LPPI Road Wave and light flashing that must be done everytime you pass a fellow LPPI member on the road. I am not sure what these are, but since I get to make up all the rules, (and then change them when I want to), I will be sure to have something ready 3 minutes before the initiation!
Please join us as we are all broke too. Remember, we are Airstream and Argosy owners too!
Please be sure to sign up on the Rally Announcement under the link for "Upcoming Rallies".
Old 05-22-2007, 11:17 PM   #46
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfred
Lou,
How in the hell did you let this new thread deteriorate so fast? All you guys are talking smack. Remember last year, I'm ready to party and everybody goes to bed a midnight except me and Airpyro. A new rule this year. nobody can go to bed until the oldest,next oldest,etc. has tucked in. If you're going to talk the talk, you have to walk the walk.
55 gal. of bloody marys eh. If we start at 6pm, we should have it gone by 9pm eh. HOLY WAAA.
Oh, by the way, I think Grace and I are coming if I can stay on this side of the grass until Aug.
In some clubs they call it deterioration. In the LPPI we call it progress!
Heck, I know you aren't going for the dirt nap. God ain't ready for ya yet. He needs to make room for your motorhome!
Old 05-23-2007, 08:27 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Well what do ya know.. Blue Noodles found us...Come on Buck,,LETS PARTY!!!!
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:20 AM   #48
Rivet Master

Holy crap! I'm quoting myself now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
I took the liberty of doing up an event here under the "Rallies" thread!
Just follw the link below!
3rd Annual Metro-Detroit Airstream and Argosy Rally
For those who have not signed up at the "Upcoming Rallies" area of the forums please do so.
John and I would like to have an accurate count. This was we will know ahead of time as to how the parking will go. Last year we had about five spots left within the circle and then we had the extra spots right across the little road. These were all empty last year. Last year John and I were looking around and we realized that we could fit even more than that into the "circle" and we would still not be crowded.
Again, please use the above link and click on the hypertext labeled, "I will be attending this event". This will automatically add your username to the list.
We will still need to know how many are in your party and if you have any kids. I do know most of those with children because mine were playing with your last year!
Old 05-23-2007, 09:25 AM   #49
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Cool, this is really rolling. Good to get some momentum early, before the late June Doldrums set in. Here's what we got so far:

Lou & Candace
Carol
Steph & Dave
Ralph
Buck & Grace
John & Shelly
Renee & Derek
Rhonda & Dave
Terry (Safarinight)
Sean & Family (Argosy Man)
ITOWAIR
Airpyro & Dan
Harold & Leann
Lou & Larry
Scott (Commander31)
DanB
NanceAnn

Wow, that's 17 already!!!!

BigAl is unsure of their availability and we haven't heard of several of those that were there last year yet, like RedEagle, Marv&Annie, WagonGirl, TallZach. I've got a buddy with a small Canned Ham that might be interested in coming. Let me know if I need to add you or remove you from the list.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:35 AM   #50
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Cool, this is really rolling. Good to get some momentum early, before the late June Doldrums set in. Here's what we got so far:

Lou & Candace
Carol
Steph & Dave
Ralph
Buck & Grace
John & Shelly
Renee & Derek
Rhonda & Dave
Terry (Safarinight)
Sean & Family (Argosy Man)
ITOWAIR
Airpyro & Dan
Harold & Leann
Lou & Larry
Scott (Commander31)
DanB
NanceAnn

Wow, that's 17 already!!!!
Before Brenda discovers her name has been left off the list of attendees I should confess my crime of not putting her name on my postings, and ask to have her name added next to mine. This year marks our 25th wedding anniversary and we plan to celebrate it in the “Silver” Twinkie!

Terry & Brenda
safarinight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:18 PM   #51
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by safarinight
Before Brenda discovers her name has been left off the list of attendees I should confess my crime of not putting her name on my postings, and ask to have her name added next to mine. This year marks our 25th wedding anniversary and we plan to celebrate it in the “Silver” Twinkie!

Terry & Brenda
As they say...
If momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:49 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Just put new chrome wheels on my Caravel, wow does it look GOOD. Even got a 3rd one for the spare... I better take some new
pics for the Avatar..
Old 05-23-2007, 08:26 PM   #53
Rivet Master

Well....

It looks like I might be trailerless here in a little while!
I just accepted an offer from a very nice woman in Vermont. We are going to meet halfway to close the deal! I am happy and sad all at the same time.
For those of you who know me, you know that I have poured my heart and soul into that trailer.
Never fear though. I should be finalizing the deal on the 25 footer soon after I finalize the deal on the Minuet.
Boy, this lady sure is getting a well-restored trailer! I am glad that I am selling it to her though. Believe it or not, I started to worry about where the trailer was going to wind up! Even though I would have my "cash in hand", it still bugged me that it was going to wind up someplace that it would eventually be flipped or with someone who would not appreciate all of my hard work. I believe; no, I know that the Minuet is going to the right owner.
I will ask her if it is OK for me to pass her email address on to her "new family" so that all of us can welcome her into the "aluminum abyss"!
Old 05-24-2007, 08:51 AM   #54
2 Rivet Member

pittsfield , Massachusetts
holy cow have i missed alot of stuff!!! I have been camping every weekend and refuse to bring the computor with me!!!! I plead the 5th on flordia and georgia!!!! I'll never tell.
Buck it will be me and you again this year all the old fogies cant keep up with us young ones.
ralphie good job on the new name...I can pronounce it instead of just lloking for a word jumble!!!!
I cant wait till August!!!
lysa
airpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #55
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
But I do remember a night Buck turned in early. We wanted to make sure he closed the blinds on the windshield.LOL..LOL. Alot of us were still up including Grace! Looks as if Buck is forgetting that night. See what happends when you get old..LOL..We will see how good he does when he is a year older..As for Airpyro....... Come on girl, you can tell us about your little HOT trip to Fla and Ga... We will never say a word to anyone. As you know, you can trust us.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #56
2 Rivet Member

pittsfield , Massachusetts
hey ralphie i'm back!!! I'm looking to go camping tomorrow for the long weekend this time in vermont...
Lou I can check in on the minuet if it will make ya feel better,the vermont line is only a half hour away from me!!!!! what part is she from?
airpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:00 PM   #57
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by airpyro
hey ralphie i'm back!!! I'm looking to go camping tomorrow for the long weekend this time in vermont...
Lou I can check in on the minuet if it will make ya feel better,the vermont line is only a half hour away from me!!!!! what part is she from?
She is from the part that comes right after the sign that says, "Welcome to Vermont"!
I really do not know offhand. Her info is at home and I work until 2 a.m.
I should see if she will grant you visitation!
Old 05-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #58
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Well Im sure if Vermont knew Airpyro was going to show up in their state all the welcome signs would come down.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Well, I'll chime in to say that Lorrie and I are "maybe's" again this year. We want to make it, but are still working out the schedule. I hesitate to officially sign up until we know if we are free that weekend. But then I can't imagine this summer without seeing everybody again, especially the one's I haven't met yet.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:12 AM   #60
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Well, I'll chime in to say that Lorrie and I are "maybe's" again this year. We want to make it, but are still working out the schedule. I hesitate to officially sign up until we know if we are free that weekend. But then I can't imagine this summer without seeing everybody again, especially the one's I haven't met yet.
How can you miss seeing the ones you haven't met yet?