Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-31-2008, 10:26 AM   #2675
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
Lou, the Mackinac rally is a rally that Im planning, it is not a metro detroit rally, however all are welcome. I understand about the one hour from Detroit, do what you want Lou, you're the one in charge I guess!
Here is how it has worked from the beginning:
1. Everyone throws a campground or two in from an area that they have been to or would like to go to.
2. We whittle it down to two campgrounds: one to the north of Detroit and one to the south of Detroit.
3. We contact the two campgrounds and verify that they can handle a rally of our size and meet the criteria we require.
4. We start a new thread with the poll included.
5. Everyone votes once. Simply put, my vote counts as much as anyones vote.
6. We close the poll to allow ample time to contact the campground of choice.
7. We book our reservations accordingly.
8. We all show up at the same place.
9. Everyone brings beer for Lou.

All of these are steps that we have agreed upon but never wrote down in the past. All except number 9. That one is my own.
__________________

__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:27 AM   #2676
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
And I'm here too. So the Hell campground is out?

Now, having said that, two years ago I compiled a list of campgrounds in this area. My list is here.

KC looks nice, Totem not so much and I know many are leary of Pirolli. About now is the time to start calling them. Any earlier and they usually don't answer the phone.

Maybe a meeting is in order?
Hey John!
I think we should do what we did the first couple of times. Put up two and then vote on them.
If we can find something near where Covenant Hills is that would give us one to the north.
Does anyone know of anything within an hour or two north of Detroit other then Covenant Hills?
__________________

__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:32 AM   #2677
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
So in order to accommodate the most people, if the rally is kept conveniently located, we will end up getting the biggest bunch of LOUzers ever!!!!!!
LOUzers ROCK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
A word on Covenant, are you sure we ought to bring our shinanigans to a religious retreat? We do tend to make a lot of noise all night long and embibe in some of those restricted libations.
I forgot about that! OOPS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
don't forget the sewage problem that you had to tip toe through...
Another thing that I now CLEARLY remember!
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #2678
Sky
Classic 30
 
Sky's Avatar
 
Sum Wear , Ohio
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 569
Images: 6
Hi all you MU and MSU fans up there in the great white north. Being new to this, I have never been to a rally, so I was keeping an eye on this thread. I have never camped in Michigan before, and I was just curious why state parks don't seem to be mentioned in your lists. Not as much to do for the kids? Private parks are nicer? Just curious.

Looking forward to possibly meeting some of you
Dale
__________________
"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

2500HD DMax............30' Classic
__________________
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:47 AM   #2679
Rivet Master
 
Rhonda's Avatar
 
1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 684
If I am not mistaken state parks are first come, first served aren't they.. unless you make some sort of deposit.
__________________
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:50 AM   #2680
Rivet Master
 
Rhonda's Avatar
 
1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Here is how it has worked from the beginning:
1. Everyone throws a campground or two in from an area that they have been to or would like to go to.
2. We whittle it down to two campgrounds: one to the north of Detroit and one to the south of Detroit.
3. We contact the two campgrounds and verify that they can handle a rally of our size and meet the criteria we require.
4. We start a new thread with the poll included.
5. Everyone votes once. Simply put, my vote counts as much as anyones vote.
6. We close the poll to allow ample time to contact the campground of choice.
7. We book our reservations accordingly.
8. We all show up at the same place.
9. Everyone brings beer for Lou.

All of these are steps that we have agreed upon but never wrote down in the past. All except number 9. That one is my own.
These all sounds too organized. It will never work!!!! Lou what has happened to you. I thought you were anti-organization.
__________________
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:10 AM   #2681
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky
Hi all you MU and MSU fans up there in the great white north. Being new to this, I have never been to a rally, so I was keeping an eye on this thread. I have never camped in Michigan before, and I was just curious why state parks don't seem to be mentioned in your lists. Not as much to do for the kids? Private parks are nicer? Just curious.

Looking forward to possibly meeting some of you
Dale
Dale,
Thanks for posting!
I always like to see new people "come onboard"!
As for state parks...
I have camped in state parks here and in other states.
I am not very fond of most MI state parks as you have to buy either a "daily pass" or the all-important "yearly pass" just to have the privilege of paying to camp where you have electric hook-ups and water every ten campsites.
Also, the private parks are willing to let us use other facilities as well. We have a potluck dinner on Saturday evening and private parks usually have a building that we can have the exclusive use of for the potluck.
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:11 AM   #2682
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda
These all sounds too organized. It will never work!!!! Lou what has happened to you. I thought you were anti-organization.
I consider myself "anti-establishment" dude.
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:57 PM   #2683
Rivet Master
 
Airboss's Avatar
 
1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,071
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Most State Parks only have Electric too. Few have water hook ups...Also with this group.. How long ya think before they ask us to pull up steaks and hit the rd???
__________________
"If your not living life on the edge... Your taking up too much room. WANTED, Single lady who loves and has a Airstream. Please send photo of Airstream and Tow Vehicle
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member) RALPH, KW8G..WBCCI # 4201 Metro Detroit & 4CU TAC # MI-007
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:10 PM   #2684
Miss Rivette
 
airedale's Avatar
 
1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,644
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
not long dad, Im thinking we might make it one night!
__________________
Laura Miss Rivette 2008
W8JUZ --......--
"Support Search and Rescue, GET LOST!!!!"
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:46 PM   #2685
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
Most State Parks only have Electric too. Few have water hook ups...Also with this group.. How long ya think before they ask us to pull up steaks and hit the rd???
Not long before the rangers would kick us out....
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:37 PM   #2686
Rivet Master
 
drag'nwagon's Avatar
 
1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,174
Sounds like the Cabin Fever has everyone ready to start camping!
__________________
Dave
TAC# MI-1
Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (charter member)

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:40 PM   #2687
Renee
 
Felix'64's Avatar
 
1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 180
Images: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag'nwagon
Sounds like the Cabin Fever has everyone ready to start camping!
It appears that way. I'm just anxious to get a date (insert snide remarks here)....I'm holding off signing up for a few long-distance sailing trips until we have the date set.
__________________
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:52 PM   #2688
HDS
2 Rivet Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 73
Where do we want to go? Sounds like Rhonda has checked out the places around their area, no reason to check them again. We've been a little busy, we bought the pre-school LeeAnn's been running and moved. A rally sounds like fun right now. Let me know where to go looking.
__________________

__________________
HDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AIR Midwest : midwest rally maznblu Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 18 01-01-2010 09:55 PM
Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Rally... InsideOut WBCCI Rallies & Events 28 12-08-2006 06:39 PM
Photos from the St. Patricks Day Rally @ Desert Star Ranch Andy R Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 4 03-22-2005 12:07 AM
Mystic Springs 2003 rally!! thenewkid64 Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 41 04-02-2003 05:52 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.