Old 03-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #2661
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Down here on or near the boarder there are several campgrounds: KOA at exit 9 on 23, also totem pole, covered wagon, pirolli park, KC campgound in Milan. Take your pick. And for Lou, you cannot complain about money this year, you wore that out last year!

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #2662
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
which?

Larry and I have not camped at any of those campgrounds that you mentioned? Have you been to any of them, Dave? How about checking some of them out for all of us.
And have we nailed down a date yet??
Lou

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #2663
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Lou (buckeye),

KC is alright, it is clean and close to Milan Dragway, and has a great playground for the kids, with a swimmin hole for the kids.

Covered Wagon certainly does not have any "curb appeal" but I have not been in it, looks dumpy.

Totem pole we drove through once, seems...OK.

Pirolli we drove through also and....its OK.

KOA is awesome for the kids with the water slide and arcade, etc. This KOA is normally crowded and "tight" and per KOA standard it is pricey for a campground.

Rhonda and I can certainly go on a fact finding mission if ya'll think this the area to be in. I would like to get to know more of our Ohio neighbors and if everyone thinks we can pull this off down here I am game.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:00 AM   #2664
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
If Michigan rallies go South and Ohio rallies come North we'll have it made!

Hey Lou P., where are you? John, where are you? Where are our organizers?????? We are ready to rally!!!!!!!!!
I am still here.
I monitor things on here from time to time.
I am want to set the rally up for somewhere around Dundee.
Let's face it, there is a growing fascination amongst Ohio Airstream/Argosy owners with us up here in Michigan. One can only assume it is because they envy us.
If I were them, I would envy you guys too; you have me!
I was thinking of Totem Pole or KC. Those are the two that come off of the top of my head for now.
WE ARE NOT GOING BACK TO APPLE CREEK!
It is nice to have that whole group area to ourselves but I find the owners to be rather "harsh" on the rally organizers when someone in the group has not paid up or if there is an "issue" with the group. I mean they get a little nasty; like they are doing us a favor!
Since there are a "core group" of individuals that I like to use when we are planning the rally I would like to stick with them when it comes to finding a location and setting up things. John Ayers is great when it comes to talking to potential campgrounds and setting things up with them. Harold is an excellent campground scout. Carol is an excellent cheerleader!
We can also do Covenant Hills again too. If any of the "LPPI Charter Members" remember, that is where this whole crazy thing got started back in '05!
I would like to take a look at Totem Pole and KC. I think KC would be the best bet, as they seem like they are a little nicer park. Where is our "VP in charge of scoping out campgrounds"? Oh Harold???????
Old 03-31-2008, 08:04 AM   #2665
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag'nwagon
Down here on or near the boarder there are several campgrounds: KOA at exit 9 on 23, also totem pole, covered wagon, pirolli park, KC campgound in Milan. Take your pick. And for Lou, you cannot complain about money this year, you wore that out last year!
That is where we are heading!
We have a growing contingent of Ohioans. I would like to get more to come as there have been only a few in the Metro-Detroit area that want to participate.
If we go north I would like to entertain Covenant Hills again. They have the Valley area that worked out great for all of us. Plus, the firewood was on-site and CHEAP!
Old 03-31-2008, 08:05 AM   #2666
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
Gee, the way this is going, pretty soon, in the next couple years the rally's for Metro Detroit are going to be held in Ohio! First Apple Creek, then Dundee, we keep heading south! I think if anything we should go more to the north, like Mackinac! I would like to see some people from Northern Michigan come, I have been talking to one guy, but he doesnt have his AS yet.
Mackinaw City for a weekend?
You must be 'shrooming!
Old 03-31-2008, 08:17 AM   #2667
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Ok Lou I get it. We are not part of the "core group." We just thought since we are close by we could help by checking it out. We will not intervene again. Good luck in your planning.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:28 AM   #2668
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
And I'm here too. So the Hell campground is out?

Now, having said that, two years ago I compiled a list of campgrounds in this area. My list is here.

KC looks nice, Totem not so much and I know many are leary of Pirolli. About now is the time to start calling them. Any earlier and they usually don't answer the phone.

Maybe a meeting is in order?

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:06 AM   #2669
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Yea, why didnt we have a vote or something? What do you mean there are only a few metro Detroit members that want to come? There are more than a few!!!

IM not shrooming, we are going to be having a rally there later in the year, and we are having a rally near Jackson Center, and thats not to bad!!!

I think we should vote on where we want to have the rally, make it fair at least!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:06 AM   #2670
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Ok Lou I get it. We are not part of the "core group." We just thought since we are close by we could help by checking it out. We will not intervene again. Good luck in your planning.
HEY!
I forgot you guys are close by!
You ARE the "core group"! You are the VP of BS!
I forgot that all of those places are really close to you.
Have you or Dave ever been by Totem Pole or KC?
I have seen the KOA right by US-23. It does not look all that bad but it is relatively close to the highway.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:10 AM   #2671
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
And I'm here too. So the Hell campground is out?

Now, having said that, two years ago I compiled a list of campgrounds in this area. My list is here.

KC looks nice, Totem not so much and I know many are leary of Pirolli. About now is the time to start calling them. Any earlier and they usually don't answer the phone.

Maybe a meeting is in order?
I think we need to meet.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:15 AM   #2672
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
Yea, why didnt we have a vote or something? What do you mean there are only a few metro Detroit members that want to come? There are more than a few!!!

IM not shrooming, we are going to be having a rally there later in the year, and we are having a rally near Jackson Center, and thats not to bad!!!

I think we should vote on where we want to have the rally, make it fair at least!
When this thing started three years ago, the premise was to drive within 1-1.5 hours from Metro-Detroit. This has been the theme of this event for three years now.
If another event wants to be planned for a trip to Mackinaw City, that is great. The annual Metro-Detroit rally has been always held within an hour to an hour and a half from Metro-Detroit.
Since we have a growing population of Ohioans, and gas as much as it is, I feel that it should be held near the Ohio border. We already have some die-hard attendees that are driving farther then that just so we can meet in a central location.
Seeing as how this is what the original intent of holding this event was I do not think it is prudent to vary from that. The whole object is to keep the event close to home so that we can spend as much time at the rally. There are quite a number of attendees that show up on Friday evening and need to be back to work bright and early on Monday.
We will vote but it will be for a campground north of Detroit and a campground south of Detroit. Like we did for the first two years.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:39 AM   #2673
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Not feeling part of the core group? Never!! We are all HARD CORE, and at that's that!

Laura the fall rally in Macinac should be close enough to the Northern Michiganders so I think that is going to be a great location!

Now for Louapaloozas there is one thing we all need to intone as servants and that it that it is and has always been all about Lou! So in order to accommodate the most people, if the rally is kept conveniently located, we will end up getting the biggest bunch of LOUzers ever!!!!!!

A word on Covenant, are you sure we ought to bring our shinanigans to a religious retreat? We do tend to make a lot of noise all night long and embibe in some of those restricted libations. Maybe that's why Apple Creek rolled up the welcome mat? Or was it my showing up late to pay. If you want I will post pictures of Covenant, it's a beautiful park. I'd get us a different section since the Bates had so much trouble getting a large Airstream near us and don't forget the sewage problem that you had to tip toe through...

Hey John! Glad you're back! Let's get this American band on the road!!!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:08 AM   #2674
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Lou, the Mackinac rally is a rally that Im planning, it is not a metro detroit rally, however all are welcome. I understand about the one hour from detroit, do what you want Lou, your the one in charge I guess!

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote