Old 02-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #2535
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Marquette , Michigan
Why yes Carol, Gitchee Gumee campground is only 2 miles down the road. It looks like a pretty nice place. It's right across from the public beaches on Lake Superior. Lou could visit family!

Old 02-06-2008, 04:01 PM   #2536
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.PenAir
Why yes Carol, Gitchee Gumee campground is only 2 miles down the road. It looks like a pretty nice place. It's right across from the public beaches on Lake Superior. Lou could visit family!
OMG..Im dying over here after that one...If we wanted him to do that we would look for a campground closer to the zoo...

Old 02-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #2537
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Marquette , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
If we wanted him to do that we would look for a campground closer to the zoo...
OUCH!!
Old 02-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #2538
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Oh I thought it would be close to the insane asylum!!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:48 PM   #2539
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
HELL!!!!! Lets all go to HELL!!
I'll bring the handbasket..........
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #2540
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Yikes. Not sure how we'd make more than four or five units before falling over.
hmmmmm.........maybe it needs to be a three day open house??
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Old 02-06-2008, 08:51 PM   #2541
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Hummm felix had an idea but We are in trouble already "WE DONT DRINK" Wonder how RubyRed Grapefruit Juice(bring your own Vodka) would go over?

Roger - just park your A/S next in line to Felix. We'll send everyone on their way with a traveler. Problem solved.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:54 PM   #2542
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
What do you think of October? Or perhaps we could have a "Let's get Jess' Airstream moving" rally? It would have to be in my yard! That's not such a bad thing...the U.P. is a beautiful place. Maybe Rog could bring a couple axels up my way. This is starting to sound like a fine idea!
Autumn in the UP is second only to Winter in the UP..........How's your snow?? We've had great conditions so far this year, no need to travel too far North to find great trails. I'm hoping we can still get a weekend in the UP before we put the sleds away for the winter though.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #2543
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix'64
I'll bring the handbasket..........

Ha ha!! Hell certainly would be fun for the tshirt thing...I understand some folks will not miss the sand fleas or whatever those critters were at Apple Creek.

We'll go anywhere within reason, Dundee is probably a bad idea for me cause I spend way too much time in the fly fishing gear area Laura would have to drag me outta there...hey they just had a sale half price in January on Michigan fly fishing guide books and guess who got the last copy??
Old 02-06-2008, 09:56 PM   #2544
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I wouldnt be able to drag you out, I wouldnt be able to drag myself out of that place!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:02 AM   #2545
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Marquette , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix'64
Autumn in the UP is second only to Winter in the UP..........How's your snow??
The snow is good but the temps keep getting ridiculously low. I feel like I am back in Fairbanks, Alaska. We are headed up to Houghton this weekend for winter carnival. It's going to be -3 on Saturday with "blizzard conditions". I wonder if we should take the Prius or the 4x4?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:22 AM   #2546
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Felix64
Now thats a great Idea. Just park next to U and I'll bring lots of RubyRed. I just look for the silverbullet rite? Only thing to hold us this summer is the Wifes Work schedule,and of course that minor item MONEY. I just cant talk her Into retireing. I'm just gonna not push and take a wait and see attuitude.She has begun to stock the AS though wiff Linens and paperplates and TP thats a good sign,she is plannin sumpin ,I'll keep ya posted.
Roger
Old 02-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #2547
Rivet Master

Quote:
Ah yes...
I would be halfway between Grandma's and Grandpa's families!
Hey, do you know where that Citgo gas station is in Munising? That is built where my great-uncle and my second cousin's houses used to be! There is a pic of that gas station on here with someone's Airstream. Their trailer was parked right about where my Uncle's kitchen was!
Old 02-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #2548
Rivet Master

Quote:
The snow is good but the temps keep getting ridiculously low. I feel like I am back in Fairbanks, Alaska. We are headed up to Houghton this weekend for winter carnival. It's going to be -3 on Saturday with "blizzard conditions". I wonder if we should take the Prius or the 4x4?
Michigan Tech ROCKS!