Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-23-2007, 08:01 AM   #211
Rivet Master
 
Airboss's Avatar
 
1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,071
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
I better start looking for a 34 then Lou...I also need one in the 80s too. Man Im going to be busy!!!
__________________

__________________
"If your not living life on the edge... Your taking up too much room. WANTED, Single lady who loves and has a Airstream. Please send photo of Airstream and Tow Vehicle
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member) RALPH, KW8G..WBCCI # 4201 Metro Detroit & 4CU TAC # MI-007
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #212
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
Lou, you forgot a new comer.. Airedale...
How could I forget the fruit of your loins? Man, I am slipping...
I guess it is because I am so used to seeing her post on here!
__________________

__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:22 PM   #213
3 Rivet Member
 
Streamin 65's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 180
Images: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Let me see if I got all of the newcomers for this year's rally.....

DanB
dnrtheil
nanceanne
none
safarinight
Silvertwin
Streamin 65
Sunset Coast





How about if we here from those who have not posted on the thread? I do know that we have one from as far away as Missouri! Man, I love MO.! My grandmother came from MO. and wound up in SW KY. She came from the bootheel!
Well I never signed up for the rally, but since our name appears on the list I guess we are now obligated to attend! I'm new to this thread and was given some info about this last weekend by the Rivettes. I have not made reservations or anything, but will do so if someone has a moment to send me the details of the rally. Looking forward to meeting ya'll! --dave
__________________
Streamin 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:38 PM   #214
Rivet Master
 
Airboss's Avatar
 
1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,071
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
I still have a few spots left for X-Mas in July.. I think out of the 15 we have set aside..9 are spoken for so far. Some are not on forums so they dont show up on the list here.. Its a busy weekend at the campground!!! santa, a dance and band. I do 2 20 lb deep fried turkeys for the potluck on Sat eve. We have redskin mashed and lots to eat. 2 breakfasts too..Holly and Buck & Grace do that part. So lets get signed up if you want to be part of it!! July 20-22 at Walnut Hills Campground, Durand, Mi
__________________
"If your not living life on the edge... Your taking up too much room. WANTED, Single lady who loves and has a Airstream. Please send photo of Airstream and Tow Vehicle
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member) RALPH, KW8G..WBCCI # 4201 Metro Detroit & 4CU TAC # MI-007
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #215
Rivet Master
 
66Overlander's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,976
Images: 41
OK, Lorrie and I have decided that we are now definitely "IN" for the 2007 Metro-Detroit Forum Rally at Apple Creek. We'll be there in our new trailer and our old trailer will also be there in the hands of . . . . . the one and only LOU!!!

That's right, the '85 Sovereign that Lou has been talking about is finally in his possession. I dropped it off today and picked up the check (although upon closer inspection that check looks a little funny - are they supossed to be made out in crayon?).

Anyway, we now have visitation rights for the Sovereign and need to make sure it is being cared for in the manner to which is was accustomed. What better way to check up on it than at Louapalooza III?

See ya all there!!!

P.S. We plan to pull down on Friday to experience the entire Rally this year.

P.P.S. I guess I've got to get a new Avatar soon.
__________________
Joe
Wally Byam Caravan Club International Historian
Vintage Airstream Club Historian
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #216
Rivet Master
 
Airboss's Avatar
 
1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,071
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Thats great news!!!!! Looking forward to seeing the two of you again Joe!!!
__________________
"If your not living life on the edge... Your taking up too much room. WANTED, Single lady who loves and has a Airstream. Please send photo of Airstream and Tow Vehicle
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member) RALPH, KW8G..WBCCI # 4201 Metro Detroit & 4CU TAC # MI-007
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #217
Rivet Master
 
66Overlander's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,976
Images: 41
I almost forgot to sign up officially here:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...a=attend&e=351

When I did I was number 19 to sign up:But I see at least a couple of "hardy perrenials" missing from this list at the moment (ITOWAIR & Wheelinterested), but they are in John's (AYRSTREAM2's) list further up in the message. What IS the official count at the moment and are we getting near the cuttoff for number of spaces?
__________________
Joe
Wally Byam Caravan Club International Historian
Vintage Airstream Club Historian
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:19 PM   #218
Rivet Master
 
AYRSTRM2's Avatar
 
1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 939
Images: 4
Hi, we're back from NY! (Saw four Airstreams that were heading East through Ontario, and one crossed West over the Bluewater bridge in front of us, all today. Ever been stuck in traffic at the top of the bridge for 15 minutes? I now know what that is like) The list has really grown since we left last week. Not everyone is on the Rally page, nor is it the definitive list. As long as we are under 24 we are in fine shape. The campground has that many sites in the group area and several other sites close by. We haven't hit critical mass yet. I do need to nail this list down and that will be one of my to do's this week.

Anyone intending on going that hasn't spoken up, now would be a really good time to do so.
__________________
John

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:50 PM   #219
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamin 65
Well I never signed up for the rally, but since our name appears on the list I guess we are now obligated to attend! I'm new to this thread and was given some info about this last weekend by the Rivettes. I have not made reservations or anything, but will do so if someone has a moment to send me the details of the rally. Looking forward to meeting ya'll! --dave
Dave,

LOL, I will have to remember that this is a good way to increase attendance at our rallies!
All you have to do is tell me or John, (ayrstrm), and you are all set! We have the group area with water/electric hook-ups so all we have to do is pay when we arrive!
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:52 PM   #220
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
I still have a few spots left for X-Mas in July.. I think out of the 15 we have set aside..9 are spoken for so far. Some are not on forums so they dont show up on the list here.. Its a busy weekend at the campground!!! santa, a dance and band. I do 2 20 lb deep fried turkeys for the potluck on Sat eve. We have redskin mashed and lots to eat. 2 breakfasts too..Holly and Buck & Grace do that part. So lets get signed up if you want to be part of it!! July 20-22 at Walnut Hills Campground, Durand, Mi
YEAH! Let's do our part to support the Old Foogie club!
Remember, without our elders we would not be here!
Hey, do we need a shuffle board ref? I can officiate!
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:59 PM   #221
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
OK, Lorrie and I have decided that we are now definitely "IN" for the 2007 Metro-Detroit Forum Rally at Apple Creek. We'll be there in our new trailer and our old trailer will also be there in the hands of . . . . . the one and only LOU!!!

That's right, the '85 Sovereign that Lou has been talking about is finally in his possession. I dropped it off today and picked up the check (although upon closer inspection that check looks a little funny - are they supossed to be made out in crayon?).

Anyway, we now have visitation rights for the Sovereign and need to make sure it is being cared for in the manner to which is was accustomed. What better way to check up on it than at Louapalooza III?

See ya all there!!!

P.S. We plan to pull down on Friday to experience the entire Rally this year.

P.P.S. I guess I've got to get a new Avatar soon.
Yes, the Sovereign that I have been "hinting at" is finally parked out on my driveway. As a matter of fact, I am writing this while sitting in it. Hey Lorrie, I have my feet on the couch and there is grass clippings ALL over the floor!
PSYCH! Not really! Although I do not know where I am gonna hang my big ole Confederate flag! Plus, there is barely enough room in the fridge for my case of Pabst Blue Ribbon!
I have already taken the liberty to put out the awning and throw out the ole lawn chairs and sit and watch the cars go up and down my street.
Joe and I were made aware of one problem of parking your Airstream so close to the neighbor's front porch. The reflection off of the side of the trailer LIGHTS UP my neighbor's porch like it had a flood light on it!
Yes, the trailer that I had mentioned was Joe and Lorrie's trailer. I figured I would leave you all guessing!
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:00 PM   #222
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
I almost forgot to sign up officially here:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...a=attend&e=351

When I did I was number 19 to sign up:But I see at least a couple of "hardy perrenials" missing from this list at the moment (ITOWAIR & Wheelinterested), but they are in John's (AYRSTREAM2's) list further up in the message. What IS the official count at the moment and are we getting near the cuttoff for number of spaces?
We have a total of 26 or 27 sites available. Heck, I am not even worried if we run outta spots! We have plenty of room in the middle of the circle for all the latecomers... like Carol!
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:04 PM   #223
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Hi, we're back from NY! (Saw four Airstreams that were heading East through Ontario, and one crossed West over the Bluewater bridge in front of us, all today. Ever been stuck in traffic at the top of the bridge for 15 minutes? I now know what that is like) The list has really grown since we left last week. Not everyone is on the Rally page, nor is it the definitive list. As long as we are under 24 we are in fine shape. The campground has that many sites in the group area and several other sites close by. We haven't hit critical mass yet. I do need to nail this list down and that will be one of my to do's this week.

Anyone intending on going that hasn't spoken up, now would be a really good time to do so.
Hey, I was stuck on the Bluewater Bridge for 5 1/2 hours! The Thursday after 9/11. I got on the bridge at 9 p.m. and did not get off of it until 2:30 a.m.! I was in Canada for work during 9/11. I ended up staying two extra days because of the border being closed! Trucks were stacked up on the 402 for 30 miles before the bridge.
I do believe that there are two or three adjacent sites in the group area so we will be good for up to 26-27. After that we will have to "hot bunk" as they would say in the Navy!
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:41 PM   #224
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Well, I am off to sleep.
The girls and I are sleeping in the trailer tonight. They are SOOO geeked by the whole experience! I love it when they love it!
__________________

__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AIR Midwest : midwest rally maznblu Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 18 01-01-2010 09:55 PM
Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Rally... InsideOut WBCCI Rallies & Events 28 12-08-2006 06:39 PM
Photos from the St. Patricks Day Rally @ Desert Star Ranch Andy R Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 4 03-22-2005 12:07 AM
Mystic Springs 2003 rally!! thenewkid64 Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 41 04-02-2003 05:52 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.