Old 09-19-2007, 08:55 PM   #1905
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Yes I did....

Old 09-20-2007, 06:49 PM   #1906
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Ralph
I was just lookin in my phone and I still have your number and I will call the day before we come up the next time . Still wanna meet up wif ya. Not just sure when that will be.
Roger

Old 09-20-2007, 07:21 PM   #1907
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Looking forward to seeing some of you forums people this weekend at Groveland Oaks in Holly...Also Forums rally at walnut Hills in Oct!!! I also heard for TCT... There WILL be a Sept rally in Milford in 08...
Old 09-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #1908
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
YAY, good to know that we can make at least one TCT rally next year!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:33 PM   #1909
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Why not the big annual one in May?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:57 PM   #1910
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
I have been on an involuntary hiatus of sorts....
Sorry I have not been posting here.
I ordered a WD hitch this past weekend. It is shipping today! I did not get the Equal-i-zer that I wanted to get. Funds are a little short after I "rednecked up" the pick-up! I got a Curt Mfg. 10k WD hitch.
I am now contemplating whether I want to get a new brake controller now, or just reinstall my Draw-Tite Activator II controller. The D-T will get me to the rally and back. My problem is figuring out the crap for hooking it all up! I guess there are four wires under the dash of the truck, (no harness any longer), and two wires under the hood: one to hook up for the controller power and one to hook up the power to the 7-way connector for 12Vdc to the trailer.
I hope I get it all done before the Mothball rally!
LOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!,
I snagged some fuses today, and I have some spare M6 & M8 nuts, so I'm ready for the big Brake Controller install. Just say when, buddy! Gotta get that Silverado ready to safely tow the '85 Sovereign to the Mothball Rally in a little over 2 weeks!
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:52 AM   #1911
2 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
Sterling Heights , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
LOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!,
I snagged some fuses today, and I have some spare M6 & M8 nuts, so I'm ready for the big Brake Controller install. Just say when, buddy! Gotta get that Silverado ready to safely tow the '85 Sovereign to the Mothball Rally in a little over 2 weeks!
Joe,
Lou sent you a PM.
He is only sending out PM's. He will no longer be posting publicly.
Also, he does not visit the forums unless he gets a notification of a new PM. If you really need to get in touch with him you can try his email address at loupatterson@wowway.com
We are all looking forward to seeing everyone at the fall rally! Lou still has some work to do to get the trailer ready but we will make it.

Life's a test of what we do, how we love and where we grow! Don't miss it!
First Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:53 AM   #1912
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Lady
Joe,
Lou sent you a PM.
He is only sending out PM's. He will no longer be posting publicly.
Also, he does not visit the forums unless he gets a notification of a new PM. If you really need to get in touch with him you can try his email address at loupatterson@wowway.com
We are all looking forward to seeing everyone at the fall rally! Lou still has some work to do to get the trailer ready but we will make it.
Candie, I also sent Lou a PM about this and he has replied, so we will get something worked out. I posted it here in case he lurks (well that plus I want to keep his legacy - the Largest Rally related thread oin AirForums, and 3rd alrgest overall - continuing to grow toward 2000 posts!). See you at the Rally, and maybe before then if you are home for the Brake Controler install.
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:03 AM   #1913
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Why not the big annual one in May?

Because we have an Ham Radio Convention that same weekend every year, so we can only make it to one rally a year for the TCT.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:31 AM   #1914
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Ham radio club sounds interesting. What was your furthest signal? Is it frequency alone that distinguishes you from other operators or do you use handles like CB operators?

What Can I Do With Ham Radio?

You can communicate from the top of a mountain, your home or behind the wheel of your car. You can take radio wherever you go! In times of disaster, when regular communications channels fail, hams can swing into action assisting emergency communications efforts and working with public service agencies. At other times, you can talk to Shuttle astronauts or bounce signals off the moon. You can use telegraphy, voice, digital, even images in communication with other hams. Know any other hobby with so much to offer?

photography
Old 09-21-2007, 09:48 AM   #1915
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
WOW C.J. you got it going on girl.......Nail on the head Bone Crusher!! We have call letters issued by the F.C.C. Takes a written exam and morse code test or did. They have now dropped the code test. Yea Frequency has alot to do with it and so does the 11 yr sunspot cycle. Ive been in my truck and talked to Europe, Japan and even the South Pole. Here at the house we have 2 huge stations set up and we have talked everywhere on earth. Even remote islands that most people have never heard of. I talked and got a QSL card from Jim Jones at Peoples Temple about 6 months before they all drank the grape Kool-Aid. Used to talk to Roy Neal who was with ABC for years and was top dog in their science dept. He passed a few yrs back. Ive made friends with people all over the world and used to talk to a fellow in the U.S.S.R. at least 1 time a week. All 3 of my daughters are Hams too. Have been since they were very small. I worked with them on Morse Code and electronic theroy so they could pass. At 9 yrs old they picked it up very fast and all passed bioth tests very easy. Now they have all upgraded to higher class licenses. Fun hobby for all...
Old 09-21-2007, 10:05 AM   #1916
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Have you ever used it to help out in an emergency like possibly the North East black of 2003? I know all the cell phones were useless and no one could get a signal. I was trapped in gridlock traffic in Waterford, very weird and scarey, when everything comes to a halt and the run on (masses walking) to stores for water and no gas pumped.

photography
Old 09-21-2007, 10:15 AM   #1917
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Not that one C.J. but did help out alot with the San Fran. earthquake several yrs ago..I even ran communications to a family in Brighton to their daughter in S. F. She was a gal I graduated High School with. When I saw her at a class reunion she thanked me over and over and over. Her family had no idea if she was ok or not.. Was glad to help..Have helped with a few boats at sea who needed help over the years too...
Old 09-21-2007, 11:28 AM   #1918
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
It sounds very interesting. It is great you could halp out and that Jones didn't sign you up! What are the ham radio conventions like? Do you also have a CB? Would you recommend them for Airstreamers?

photography