Old 04-11-2007, 11:10 PM   #869
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag'nwagon
John,

I will see what I can find for a map. Yes we are in again this year, in fact we wish we could all get together more often.

Dave,
Dave!
Dude!
Glad you and Rhonda are going to make it back this year. After all, Rhonda is a VP in charge of something or the other!
I think I need a VP in charge of getting the LPPI Prez a beer when he runs low! Oh wait, that is why I had kids!

Old 04-11-2007, 11:42 PM   #870
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
welcome renee & husband,
hope to meet you at the rally if we ever figure out where we are going. we are starting to look like the WBCCI with all the decisions. remember, I am retired and it is real hard to start thinking again.

bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:39 AM   #871
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfred
welcome renee & husband,
hope to meet you at the rally if we ever figure out where we are going. we are starting to look like the WBCCI with all the decisions. remember, I am retired and it is real hard to start thinking again.
Hiya, Fred!

I liked your idea about Alpena. I have looked at going to their campground for a personal trip and think I might just do that sometime soon.

I agree that we're kind of all over the map right now, so I propose we close the nominations by the END OF THIS WEEK. If you have one, especially one this side of Lansing, then throw it out.

Let's start comparing them on or about Saturday and then we can go from there. I'm getting the impression that our first list maybe didn't impress everyone?

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:26 AM   #872
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Well thanks!

Thanks for the big group hug, everyone! I feel so warm and fuzzy inside (sniff, sniff)

I'll try to answer a couple of questions for you:

Insert husbands name here = Derek

What condition is 'ol Felix in? Hmmm.......it's all relative. Are we talking his condition on a nice sunny day, or his condition on a rainy spring day? Because, I assure you, it is completely different! Seriously, we think he's in pretty good condition. The body is in good shape, the floor has (so far) only shown a bit of softness around the door, the cabinet frames are good, but the end panels and some of the doors could use a little help. Zolatone is dirty and chipping in some places. It's the little things. Oh, but we did find out after our downpour last night that ALL the windows leak. If there's a bright side to that discovery it's the fact that we know exactly what windows need new seals/gaskets/non-silicone caulk!

Well, I look forward to meeting all of you soon. Thanks again for making us feel welcome.

And Lou - I look forward to seeing what embarassing iniation you can dream up.

Renee
Old 04-12-2007, 11:15 AM   #873
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
You will be sorry you put Lou up to that one !!!!!!!!!! Great on Ol Felix too. Also Hello to Derek.. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm did he have a band called the Domino's???
Old 04-12-2007, 02:54 PM   #874
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4201KW8G
You will be sorry you put Lou up to that one !!!!!!!!!! Great on Ol Felix too. Also Hello to Derek.. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm did he have a band called the Domino's???
What, Ralph, you don't remember? Weren't you a roadie for them or something?

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #875
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Now that you mention it John,,,,,I think I was..
Old 04-12-2007, 06:46 PM   #876
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
Alcona Park + Oscoda KOA

We have camped at both locations.

Oscoda KOA is very kid friendly and has a large amount of property out back with trails , good for dogs, bikes and hikes . They also have an old fire engine that gives kiddy rides every evening.

Alcona Park is also very nice, the lake is a big plus, however there is no pool. A much more relaxed and rustic( with Hook ups) location , there is a newer modern area. The river also offers wonderful oppertunites.

We may also want look into a small city campground located in Au Gres, we pass by it when we go up M23 , it looks very nice , located on the west side of the road on a series of canals.

Again the Neumann's will do their very best to attend anywhere anytime.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #877
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
here is a link to the Au Gres city campground

City of Au Gres, Michigan City Park
Old 04-12-2007, 07:03 PM   #878
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Holy smokes,,,Its Andy!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:29 PM   #879
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Hiya, Fred!

I liked your idea about Alpena. I have looked at going to their campground for a personal trip and think I might just do that sometime soon.

I agree that we're kind of all over the map right now, so I propose we close the nominations by the END OF THIS WEEK. If you have one, especially one this side of Lansing, then throw it out.

Let's start comparing them on or about Saturday and then we can go from there. I'm getting the impression that our first list maybe didn't impress everyone?
I agree with John. We need to have this narrowed down to two campgrounds by Saturday. If I had the time I would be calling around to see how many can accomodate 25-45 units next to each other and what amenities they would have to handle our potluck dinner. I need something more than a couple picnic tables crammed together to showcase my prize-winning smoked chicken!
As for the list. It was great. All of the campgrounds looked fine. It is just that you are our organizational master! We have been lost without you!
I really cannot believe how our little group keeps growing! Soon four cmoked chickens will not be enough to feed all of you!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #880
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnrtheil
Thanks for the big group hug, everyone! I feel so warm and fuzzy inside (sniff, sniff)
I am sure there is a prescription cream for that.

Quote:
I'll try to answer a couple of questions for you:
Good, because there will be several more during the inquisition, uh, I mean initiation! Yeah, that's it... initiation....

Quote:
Insert husbands name here = Derek
Hi Derek! That beats calling you "Insert husband's name here"

Quote:
What condition is 'ol Felix in? Hmmm.......it's all relative. Are we talking his condition on a nice sunny day, or his condition on a rainy spring day? Because, I assure you, it is completely different! Seriously, we think he's in pretty good condition. The body is in good shape, the floor has (so far) only shown a bit of softness around the door, the cabinet frames are good, but the end panels and some of the doors could use a little help. Zolatone is dirty and chipping in some places. It's the little things. Oh, but we did find out after our downpour last night that ALL the windows leak. If there's a bright side to that discovery it's the fact that we know exactly what windows need new seals/gaskets/non-silicone caulk!
Sorry to hear that. I hope you can get them done up before the rally!

Quote:
Well, I look forward to meeting all of you soon.
You will regret saying this the very first day of the rally!

Quote:
Thanks again for making us feel welcome.
We will be sure to not let this happen too often.

Quote:
And Lou - I look forward to seeing what embarassing iniation you can dream up.
Oh, it will be embarassing. To give you an idea.... Last year I made all the "initiates" and their significant others repeat a homage to me.

Quote:
Lou, you are also the smartest, funniest and most talented person on the Internet today! You are my new hero!
I just wanted to see if I could actually make up my own quotes for people! Looks like it works! Now none of your posts are safe.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #881
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4201KW8G
Yeah...
What Ralph said!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #882
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
I agree with John. We need to have this narrowed down to two campgrounds by Saturday. If I had the time I would be calling around to see how many can accomodate 25-45 units next to each other and what amenities they would have to handle our potluck dinner. I need something more than a couple picnic tables crammed together to showcase my prize-winning smoked chicken!
As for the list. It was great. All of the campgrounds looked fine. It is just that you are our organizational master! We have been lost without you!
I really cannot believe how our little group keeps growing! Soon four cmoked chickens will not be enough to feed all of you!
the Oscoda KOA is out. I called them and they don't have a pavillion for our own use...we'd have to share it with video gamers.

Visit my Camping Blog!