Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-12-2006, 12:01 PM   #71
Rivet Master
 
wheel interested's Avatar
 
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,039
Steph, how was your camping in the Port Huron area? Any pictures?

Was Sony like Chicago's Svengoulie? He was a riot, held a dead chicken and stayed in a coffin filled in the breaks in the old scary movies. Sorry guys and gals, I am not native to Michigan. John thanks for the link, that certainly is the one in the avatar. Your wife knew exactly what she was doing when she chose the kookiest to represent our rally. LOL

I had an idea for a grab bag at the rally. We could all bring something to exchange, perhaps a trailer novelty or useful item for camping. Don't know how we would arrange the exchange but it has the possibility to be fun, don't you think? In the end we can try to trade to get what we are really pining for. The kids could even have their own separate grab.
__________________

__________________
Caroljb



photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:10 PM   #72
Rivet Master
 
AYRSTRM2's Avatar
 
1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 939
Images: 4
Sonny Elliot is a weatherman here in D-town. He used to be on TV. His schtick is when we get a combo weather deal, say snow and hail he says we're going to get snail, or rain and fog=rog.

The picture is of the Ghoul, who IS like your Svengoulie, in fact I think one was a rip off of the other.

I have some good homemade wine that could work for that grab bag, or as Sonny would say "grag".
__________________

__________________
John

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:31 PM   #73
Rivet Master
 
wheel interested's Avatar
 
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,039
John, Grag me! Sounds perfect. I saw this radio/toaster so cute or flamingo glasses. My problem is I will want everything everyone brings.
__________________
Caroljb



photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #74
We can tow it!
 
tin sista's Avatar
 
1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,625
Images: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Steph, how was your camping in the Port Huron area? Any pictures?
Harrisville was nice. Tawas was awesome. I love that place...I love it so much I don't know if I'll spread the word anymore by posting pix or even a review

Seriously Tawas Point State Park is a wonderful campground, for bird watchers, dog walkers, kids, families, grandparents, couples...its got Huron beach and Tawas bay beach (its on a point jutting out from Tawas itself). Tawas bay is gentle, lots of sand bars, warm water. Huron side is windy but gorgeous sandy beach.

The Grab bag idea is awesome...love to hear more thoughts about how to plan it. You all are so creative!!

John had it right. Sir Graves ghastly was the guy who did the spooky stuff--old Detroit again. Sonny is and was sunny--Detroit stuff again sorry. He's awesome and for a long time you would look over your shoulder and there would be a billboard or a sign on a bus with Sonny's photo on it. Kinda Mr Detroit. I remember him from tv broadcasting from the Detroit Zoo... Loved him as a kid, still do!
__________________
Steph in MI Air# 6996-
I Hockeytown USA!!
tin sista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:09 PM   #75
Rivet Master
 
66Overlander's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,974
Images: 41
I am still trying to figure out if there is a way for me to attend, but between some already planned vacations and family events, trying to help my dad move and sell his house, and a few projects around my house, I still cannot commit to be there. But you guys are on my mind quite often. I will make it if I can. I may not know until a week or two ahead of time - every weekend is already booked with something between now and then. When did life get so hectic? We used to have time to do the simple things. It should not be work trying to get together with your friends.

However, if I do come, I will bring Canadian beer - Sleeman Honey Brown. Yum!
__________________
Joe
Wally Byam Caravan Club International Historian
Vintage Airstream Club Historian
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:23 PM   #76
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I had an idea for a grab bag at the rally. We could all bring something to exchange, perhaps a trailer novelty or useful item for camping. Don't know how we would arrange the exchange but it has the possibility to be fun, don't you think? In the end we can try to trade to get what we are really pining for. The kids could even have their own separate grab.
How about we draw names like for a "Secret Santa" sort of deal? I like that!
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:25 PM   #77
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
I am still trying to figure out if there is a way for me to attend, but between some already planned vacations and family events, trying to help my dad move and sell his house, and a few projects around my house, I still cannot commit to be there. But you guys are on my mind quite often. I will make it if I can. I may not know until a week or two ahead of time - every weekend is already booked with something between now and then. When did life get so hectic? We used to have time to do the simple things. It should not be work trying to get together with your friends.

However, if I do come, I will bring Canadian beer - Sleeman Honey Brown. Yum!
I sure hope you two can make it. Gracie and Alex really loves Lorrie. They would be heartbroken without her.
I know that I would sure miss you. Kirk and Beth get tired of listening to me ramble on and on.... You never seem to tire of me though.... Hmmm....
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:15 AM   #78
Rivet Master
 
wheel interested's Avatar
 
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,039
Secret Santa sounds good too. Or we can play hot potato and pass the wrapped items until the music stops and then that's it.
__________________
Caroljb



photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:48 PM   #79
2 Rivet Member
 
mizlann's Avatar
 
1969 27' Overlander
Jackson , Michigan
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 22
I'm a little worried about the Secret Santa thing since we don't really now anyone except the Woodruffs yet. Musical Bags sounds good to me. I do have a few ideas for the exchange though!!! By the way HD looks a little like the Jolly old soul. It's great at the daycare in December, half the kids think I'm married to Santa. Keeps them real good. LeeAnn
__________________
mizlann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:28 AM   #80
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizlann
I'm a little worried about the Secret Santa thing since we don't really now anyone except the Woodruffs yet. Musical Bags sounds good to me. I do have a few ideas for the exchange though!!! By the way HD looks a little like the Jolly old soul. It's great at the daycare in December, half the kids think I'm married to Santa. Keeps them real good. LeeAnn
Either way works for me. My only goal is to get together with all my buddies!
By the way, Marvin and Annie, (happycampers), has donated a handmade stained glass duck that Marvin made. We will be selling raffle tickets for the duck to offset some of the costs for the rally. How does that sound? I may be convinced to raffle off some of my prized smoked chickens too!
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:30 AM   #81
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
15 and counting!

Well, we have had a few more join the rally list.
I want to welcome all that have joined as of late. I will be posting your usernames on here to give you a more formal welcome when I am not soooooo tired and up sooooo late.
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:16 AM   #82
2 Rivet Member
 
wagongirl's Avatar
 
1967 20' Globetrotter
Vintage Kin Owner
detroit , Michigan
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 59
Images: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Kirk and Beth get tired of listening to me ramble on and on.... You never seem to tire of me though.... Hmmm....
Ohh Lou we never tire of you!!!
__________________
wagongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:23 PM   #83
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagongirl
Ohh Lou we never tire of you!!!
It looks like we will have more this year that I can try to get to tire of me!
We have 16 total and there are more that have not used the forum rally listing yet! YIPPEEE!!!!!
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:03 AM   #84
Rivet Master
 
AYRSTRM2's Avatar
 
1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 939
Images: 4
And I have two groups of people that have called me this week that I have to get back to yet. I'll be calling them tonite. I expect we will hit 20 by the 4th.
__________________

__________________
John

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AIR Midwest : midwest rally maznblu Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 18 01-01-2010 09:55 PM
Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Rally... InsideOut WBCCI Rallies & Events 28 12-08-2006 06:39 PM
Photos from the St. Patricks Day Rally @ Desert Star Ranch Andy R Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 4 03-22-2005 12:07 AM
Mystic Springs 2003 rally!! thenewkid64 Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 41 04-02-2003 05:52 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.