Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #1001
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag'nwagon
OH I just had to do it, this is the 1000th post on this thread!!!!!
HEY! I wanted to do that. Now get back to work.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #1002
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda
HEY! I wanted to do that. Now get back to work.
I am working. Nice trailor by the way.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:40 PM   #1003
HDS
2 Rivet Member

Hey, I'm not working. We're in for the first weekend in August or the second weekend in August, or whenever. I like Apple Creek, its close to home. KC would be ok too, seems like a nice place, we'll have a good time anywhere.
HDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:23 PM   #1004
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
first week in Aug. works for us. It will be great to see everyone again.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:20 PM   #1005
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Question

I’ve been watching this thread and trying to decide if it’s a forum rally, a Metro-Detroit WBCCI rally, or a gentle blending of the two? - Terry
safarinight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:05 PM   #1006
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by safarinight
I’ve been watching this thread and trying to decide if it’s a forum rally, a Metro-Detroit WBCCI rally, or a gentle blending of the two? - Terry
This rally is a Forum Rally (except that our all powerful leader Lou doesn't want it called that for some reason - right Lou?). He prefers to call it an LPPI (Lou Patterson Party International) Rally. This will not be a sanctioned WBCCI Metro-Detroit Unit event even those some of the people that attend are members of that unit. This Rally will be sanctioned by LPPI however, and may be know as "Louapalloza 3" among other names. You know its offical when there is a VP of BS (was that Rhonda?). I am VP of something or other, but I forget.

The Metro-Detroit Unit did have an official WBCCI rally recently: The Cinco De Mayo Shakedown Rally. And they are having another official WBCCI Rally soon, the Christmas in July Rally.

Two distinct groups (Forums, er LPPI and WBCCI) but with a few of us that are crazy enough belong to both.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:34 AM   #1007
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Thanks.

Thanks for clarifying this for us Joe. We have been thinking about attending but our RV schedule is filling up fast and I still have Boy Scout outings each month. - Terry
Old 05-19-2007, 06:55 AM   #1008
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Terry, sure would be nice to meet you and have you join the clan. You can call us anything but we are just many of the same active Airstreamers in the area. Pretty much, if you build it they will come. The lines of membership and affiliation are a bit blurred as we pledge our allegiance to Lou or Ralph's recipe or whatever the host deems necessary to get out and have a good time. It's all really laid back and all are welcome even at Andy's "sanctioned" events in the Metro Detroit area.

HEY LOU what's the Argosy doing in the classifieds??????????????? That's a sweet unit and you sure have restored it beautifully! Wonder if Brad would go for our first vintage...

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:27 AM   #1009
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Thanks for clarifying this for us Joe. We have been thinking about attending but our RV schedule is filling up fast and I still have Boy Scout outings each month. - Terry
Terry,
I know what you mean about filing up the schedule. I've been watching the Northern Ohio Rally thread, too, with a thought that that would be close enough to attend, but there is just no way to fit that one in this year - July is already full. I will gaurantee a good time if you can make it up for the Metro-Detroit Rally. We are still hoping to be able to attend that one this year, but August is filling up fast too, and some may be family committments.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

Old 05-19-2007, 07:30 AM   #1010
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
At the moment, since everyone seems to be ok with 3-5 August, we're aiming for Applecreek at Grass Lake again. I think KC has a bluegrass fest that weekend, so it's almost certainly out.
Hey all you LPPI'ers,
Speaking of Apple Creek on the first weekend in August, I recently got a flier from them in the mail and August 3-5 is their Pig Roast weekend, with a pot luck and band ($4.00 adults, $2.00 children). Does this make this camp ground and weekend more or less attractive to our rowdy bunch?
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

Old 05-19-2007, 08:04 AM   #1011
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Rowdy? Us? A band? Roast pork? And all our friends? Woo Hoo!!! What do you think?

photography
Old 05-19-2007, 09:12 AM   #1012
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
calling Ohioans

Terry, we are charter members of LPPI and you will have a great time if you get to make this rally. This is a fun bunch and it is really a relaxed atmosphere. We had great food and it was lots of fun to meet so many that post on the forums! Hope you can make it.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #1013
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Count us in

I’m planning to request off for the rally first thing Monday Morning so unless something unexpected comes up we will be there. This will be my first foray into Michigan since spending a very memorable winter at Kincheloe AFB. Seeing 20-30 foot painted snow sculptures in Sault Ste. Marie left an impression.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:45 PM   #1014
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
I’m planning to request off for the rally first thing Monday Morning so unless something unexpected comes up we will be there. This will be my first foray into Michigan since spending a very memorable winter at Kincheloe AFB. Seeing 20-30 foot painted snow sculptures in Sault Ste. Marie left an impression.
If you are planning to attend a rally, this should be the one! Great people, good times. You will not be sorry you came. And although I am the VP of BS, what I say is true(this time).
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:36 PM   #1015
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argosy man
We will be watching with baited breath for more information on the 3rd annual rally. Looking forward to it.

We will not be attending the Christmas in July, as I am afraid of Santa Claus.

Shawn & Diane
Lindsey & Stephanie
Sadie (the dog)
Shawn has been afraid ever since the mugging on Christmas Eve of '75. Those reindeer were brutal! They took his Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:39 PM   #1016
Rivet Master

Your Prez was absent for awhile....

I have been in high level international discussions concerning the sale of the soon-to-be-old LPPI mobile command center, (aka my Minuet).
I have also been in high level domestic discussions concerning the acquistion of the new LPPI mobile command center, (aka '85 25' foot AS).
I am sorry I have neglected my constituents. These talks are imperative to the growth and eventual preservation of the LPPI!
Old 05-19-2007, 05:46 PM   #1017
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
This rally is a Forum Rally (except that our all powerful leader Lou doesn't want it called that for some reason - right Lou?). He prefers to call it an LPPI (Lou Patterson Party International) Rally. This will not be a sanctioned WBCCI Metro-Detroit Unit event even those some of the people that attend are members of that unit. This Rally will be sanctioned by LPPI however, and may be know as "Louapalloza 3" among other names. You know its offical when there is a VP of BS (was that Rhonda?). I am VP of something or other, but I forget.

The Metro-Detroit Unit did have an official WBCCI rally recently: The Cinco De Mayo Shakedown Rally. And they are having another official WBCCI Rally soon, the Christmas in July Rally.

Two distinct groups (Forums, er LPPI and WBCCI) but with a few of us that are crazy enough belong to both.
There are several reasons why I do not promote it as a "Forums Rally". First of all, if I am dissing on the WBCCI then I have to dis on the forums too. Not fair to treat one different from the other.
Secondly, I have been "super moderated" on here for quite some time now. If you have attended an LPPI event then you have heard the tales. About the ONLY place I am not "super moderated" is on my rally threads.
Joe, you knew that would wind me up. Thanks for the set-up!
Old 05-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #1018
Rivet Master

Quote:
Kincheloe is COLD! Even in the summer!
You will love our little get-together! It's a blast! The entire weekend is awesome!
Old 05-19-2007, 06:17 PM   #1019
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
And here I was telling everyone it is because these Louapaloozas are all about Lou. The LPPI or Lou Patterson Party International is an unique experience that must be attended to appreciate it to the full. Let's bring back the spinning avatars for preparation. Wind you up... are you wearing that propeller beanie again Lou?!

photography
Old 05-19-2007, 06:40 PM   #1020
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
And here I was telling everyone it is because these Louapaloozas are all about Lou. The LPPI or Lou Patterson Party International is an unique experience that must be attended to appreciate it to the full. Let's bring back the spinning avatars for preparation. Wind you up... are you wearing that propeller beanie again Lou?!
We have Joe and Kirk and Beth to than for all of the different "versions" of the "Lou Avatar" craze!
Remember, there was a WHOLE thread dedicated to "Hacked Avatars?". That was a HOOT!