Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-14-2007, 05:35 PM   #901
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Hi Everybody and Lou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
John,

I am sure we will get all, if not most, of our "regulars" that will attend.
Did you forget about Larry and Lou Woodruff too? Those are my "peeps"! Larry and Lou helped me with finding a used convertible last fall! They are awesome people and I VERY proud to call them "friends".

Like John said; pipe up everyone!
Larry and I have been lurking and watching the fun on this post. We are stuck at home caring for the elders. Things have gone from bad to worse and they are requiring more time and energy these days. We were hoping that you would all end up south of Detroit so we could try and escape at the end of the week and meet you for a night. We have help during the week, but not on Sat. and Sun....darn! So we will keep lurking and try and keep track of the when and where if you get it nailed down.
Lou, how is the car coming? Have you had time to do anything on it??
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:18 PM   #902
HDS
2 Rivet Member

campgrounds

Since we can't seem to come up with a campground, how about KC Campground at Milan. Its not too far for the folks in the Metro Detroit area, not too far for the Ohio people, easy to get to for the Canucks. Maybe we could try Pine Ridge at Birch Run. Its close to Frankenmuth and the outlet mall at Birch Run and again, not far from the Metro area or the border. It is a little far for the Woodruffs. KC is not bad, the bath house could be a little newer, but I've never been impressed by the showerhouse in any campground, especially private ones. Totem Pole campground is not too bad, they were willing to work with us last year, as was KC. I'm up for most any where. Whats the pleasure of the rest of the mob?
HDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:50 PM   #903
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Milan

Harold, I just went to the KC Campground website and they are having a Blue Grass Festival Aug. 9-11th or something. Are we looking at those dates for the rally???
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-14-2007, 07:53 PM   #904
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
totem pole

I just went to the Totem Pole Campground website and found out that they are located on Lulu Rd. Must be a "sign"!!! LOL
This one is only about 2 hrs. away from us and might be a possibility for us if all goes well. But we are so tentative that you had all better plan for the rest of the crowd.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-14-2007, 09:51 PM   #905
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Larry and I have been lurking and watching the fun on this post. We are stuck at home caring for the elders. Things have gone from bad to worse and they are requiring more time and energy these days. We were hoping that you would all end up south of Detroit so we could try and escape at the end of the week and meet you for a night. We have help during the week, but not on Sat. and Sun....darn! So we will keep lurking and try and keep track of the when and where if you get it nailed down.
Lou, how is the car coming? Have you had time to do anything on it??
Lou,
I sure am saddened to here about the folks. You all are in our prayers.
I am trying to narrow it down to a couple campgrounds. I am sure that one or two of them will be down near the Ohio border.
As for the car.... I have been working so much I have not had time to do much more than to have a new stereo installed. I have taken the girls for a couple fo rides when the weather broke last month. Right now my brother is driving it because his car is in the shop. Tell Larry that is has been the best purchasing decision someone else made for me!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:52 PM   #906
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
KC or totem pole

Well I guess I was hoping to actually drag the wagon off somewhere, but it is not mandatory, only being with friends is mandatory. Both KC (which we have been to) and Totem pole are only a few miles away from us. We went to KC last October and spent a day at the Milan Dragway. If help is needed to secure any of the campgrounds down here in Monroe county let me know, I am sure I can get the LPPI VP of BS (aka Rhonda) to do some leg work.

Dave
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #907
Rivet Master

I apologize for the delay in getting things narrowed down to two or three campgrounds this weekend. I have been really busy and I ended up working 16 hour days Tues-Fri and 8 hours on Sat.
I have heard some pretty good things about Totem Pole and KC both. We need to come up with one from there and one north of Metro-Detroit.
What if we put down KC and the campground in Alpena? If this sounds acceptable then post here or PM me.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:05 PM   #908
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Choices:

Here's my take:
  • South side
    • KC looks great. Stay away from the Bluegrass fest and it looks like a winner.
    • Pirolli - even closer to Ohio, nice park, good things nearby.
    • Totem Pole - I don't like it as much as it has very few trees.
  • North side
    • I like Alpena. I won't vote against it, but the consensus should rule.
    • Monument Park in Oscoda.
Just my two cents worth.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:24 PM   #909
HDS
2 Rivet Member

Choices2

I agree with John. By August, I should be able to find my trailer and should be able to go most anywhere. The bluegrass festival will be a problem and Totem Pole is very open. All in all, I'm ready to go camping.
HDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:35 AM   #910
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Well, any others for consideration out there?

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 04-24-2007, 10:59 AM   #911
Rivet Master

I say we set a date AND a campground and just throw it out there.
I have been working 18 hour days and have little time for much else. I am now back on my regular afternoon shift schedule and I should be able to help administer the rally plans.
Anyone want to volunteer for anything?
We need a few things:
Raffle tickets
Welcome staff
Firewood staff
Event planners

Anything else that anyone would like to plan?
Old 04-24-2007, 12:15 PM   #912
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Yeah, let's go! I'm itching to start a new thread. I say, either Pirolli or KC.

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 04-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #913
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
For us the location depends on the date. The last weekend in July and the first weekend in Aug going north would be best. The second weekend south would be best. But where ever it is we will come! Lou, as VP of BS I am happy to accept any responibilties you would like to bestow upon me. So let me know what you would like us to help with.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:02 PM   #914
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Lets make it Pirolli, second weekend of Aug. thats got my vote... We have corn,,LOL.. Ralph
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #915
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4201KW8G
Lets make it Pirolli, second weekend of Aug. thats got my vote... We have corn,,LOL.. Ralph
That's one vote!

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 04-27-2007, 03:28 PM   #916
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
fort wayne , Indiana
corn, beer and blue noodles

i'm ready to roll. the dutch ovens are seasoned! i can bring firewood.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:55 AM   #917
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowbar68
Hi, Dan! Wondering where you were! Shelly got me a another dutch over for Christmas that I still need to season. Maybe this year I'll make a main dish instead of just cake.

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:35 PM   #918
Rivet Master

I vote for anywhere but my driveway!
I can handle the second weekend in August, although that is getting darn near the end of summer...
All I need is something for the girls to do while we are there. They are getting older and definitely require more than a coloring book and legos!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:37 PM   #919
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowbar68
I sure hope we can pull more from Indiana and Ohio, considering how close we are going to be to the borders....
Come to think of it, where is redeagle313? I have not heard from him in a long time!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:38 PM   #920
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda
For us the location depends on the date. The last weekend in July and the first weekend in Aug going north would be best. The second weekend south would be best. But where ever it is we will come! Lou, as VP of BS I am happy to accept any responibilties you would like to bestow upon me. So let me know what you would like us to help with.
As VP of BS you need to tell everyone what a great guy I am!
That should be easy BS to spread....