Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2007, 02:04 PM   #801
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
Hell Creek

I went there last year on a scouting trip. Actually it was a large motorcycle rally. The stables are the large building at the top of the hill , there is also a bath house. There was no pool when I was there. It sounds like they may have made some improvments since last year, I think they were just starting to devolep the campground.
PS there is a Motorcycle club next door.
ITOWAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #802
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I say we stay away from horses if Shelley is allergic. Don't even want to take a chance of spoiling the rally for anyone. Better to error on the side of caution. I just posted it because it came up for the area (good ol' manure...what objectionable smell, you guys, it's pigs that stink! LOL)
Hehe you are right Carol about pigs. They are MUCH worse than horses, horses are fragrant.
We used to have a pig farm 1/2 mile to the east of us - oh lordy what a smell.
And you are right we sure don't want to spoil someones fun.

Might a motorcycle club next door be rather noisy too?
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:29 PM   #803
HDS
2 Rivet Member

We'll try to get out for a drive maybe next Sunday, kinda tied up until then. Andy didn't seem real impressed with Hell Creek, I half way looked at Pirolli last spring, but really didn't go in. We'll check out Marble Springs if we can get in. It's a little early to get into most campgrounds, a lot of them are closed up tight and we can't get in to look around, but we'll give it a try. It'll be a good excuse to try our new gps.
HDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:13 PM   #804
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Folks, was there some reason that Ber Wa Ga Na campground may have dropped off my list?

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:54 PM   #805
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Folks, was there some reason that Ber Wa Ga Na campground may have dropped off my list?
I remember you mentioning it, but I did not pay too close attention to which ones you wrote down. I think this was one of the early one's we discussed, possibly before you got the pen and paper out. Maybe that's why it was missed.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:37 PM   #806
Rivet Master

That one was mentioned right out of the gate.
I do believe that it was just missed when we were getting John to put pen to paper.
We can throw it back into the mix if all would like us to check them out.
I am willing to drive anywhere within reason to scope out the possible selections.
As for Tawas, I would be willing to pack up the Patterson clan and head up there for a long weekend. A regular weekend would be stretching me kind of thin though.
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:19 AM   #807
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Well, other than the state park and a RV park right in the city, I can't find anything real close to Tawas.

Ber-wa-whatisname is on the list now.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:08 PM   #808
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
Ah come on, where is the farmer in everybody? I agree with Carol, if Shelley is allergic to horses, Hell might not be the place. As a UP farmboy the smell would just make me sleep better. Cleans the sinusus.
Grace and I don't care where it's at as long as we (I) can party.
Carol, you can join the White Lake Fire Dept's paintball group anytime you want. They are always looking for people.
Lou, I have a brand new Macerator kit,30' 30 amp chord still in the box also.
For Lorrie and some of the ladies, we could raffle off a shopping trip in the MH.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #809
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Cool, thanks Fred!

Now I want to bring up a subject that is very near and dear to my heart. Lou's Famous Smoked Chicken.

Now last year I was tempted to wrestle Annie to the ground for the extra chicken she won, but wise and generous woman that she is she let me come to dinner before it got to pinning one another down to the floor. Lou, please sir, we want more.

Are there any larger cookers we could rent or perhaps buy a second and ante up for dinner? I mean if you are watching the pot all day and all night and at 3 in the morning to bring us your delectable chicken, might as well double, triple or even quadruple the batch. Is there a possibility? Otherwise people, I put you on notice. I will be sporting a series of various disguises and reentering the line until I get busted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lousfamouschix.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	284.1 KB
ID:	33711  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:04 AM   #810
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Cool, thanks Fred!

Now I want to bring up a subject that is very near and dear to my heart. Lou's Famous Smoked Chicken.

Now last year I was tempted to wrestle Annie to the ground for the extra chicken she won, but wise and generous woman that she is she let me come to dinner before it got to pinning one another down to the floor. Lou, please sir, we want more.

Are there any larger cookers we could rent or perhaps buy a second and ante up for dinner? I mean if you are watching the pot all day and all night and at 3 in the morning to bring us your delectable chicken, might as well double, triple or even quadruple the batch. Is there a possibility? Otherwise people, I put you on notice. I will be sporting a series of various disguises and reentering the line until I get busted.
Well, I do have another smoker that I could bring with me. I just never realized how popular my smoked chicken was going to be!
I am sure that I can easily double the chicken count to 8 chickens.
So, if anyone would like to place an order for a chicken of their own, please let me know and I will take orders for them.
I could, quite possibly, do up to 16 chickens if need be.
As for the raffle donations we are now up to:
1 - New set of BAL Airstream stabilizer jacks
1 - Macerator kit
1 - Lou's Smoked Chicken, (or more if need be)
Old 03-17-2007, 11:21 PM   #811
Rivet Master

What about putting Covenant Hills back into the mix?
I liked it there and so did the family.
Crystal Creek is near Covenant Hills too.
What do you all think?
Old 03-18-2007, 06:34 AM   #812
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Lou wasn't there a sewer problem at Covenant after the rain in the low areas? Also the Bates could not park with the rest of us because of the size of the sites?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #813
Rivet Master

Covenant Hills has now opened a new group site area with complete hook-ups. It is a lot higher ground too!
Andy Neumann said that it was done when they were there last year... I think....
Old 03-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #814
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
As for the raffle donations we are now up to:
1 - New set of BAL Airstream stabilizer jacks
1 - Macerator kit
1 - Lou's Smoked Chicken, (or more if need be)
I forgot to include the shopping trip in the motorhome too!
Thanks for all of the support Buck and Grace!
Old 03-18-2007, 06:38 PM   #815
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
covenant hills

the new section is on higher ground and has full hookups. we used it for our installation rally.

I think it may not be a very wise choice due to some of their rules, last time we were there we were down in the vally out of sight, the new area is very much out in the open.

I really liked the layout we had last year at apple creek. with all our rigs in a circle it was like we were the only ones there.
ITOWAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:00 PM   #816
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Well gang whats up???? Im leaving for New Mexico to bring my Caravel back to Michigan on Saturday...
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:52 AM   #817
Rivet Master

Not much going on in here right now, Ralph.
I am waiting on hearing from John with a list of the campgrounds. We do have a bit of time before we decide so I am really in no rush.
I am anxiously awaiting the rally though!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:26 AM   #818
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Yeah Lou, I think my A/S was smiling at me the other day. Im leaving early tomorrow AM for Las Cruces NM to bring my Caravel back to Michigan. Should be a fun trip..(I hope)
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:26 PM   #819
Rivet Master

Have fun in NM!

Now that it is getting warmer outside, (at least here in Sterling Heights!), I am thinking we should get the ball rolling with doing some research for our next rally campground.
I am not working the next few weekends so I am available to drive to any of the campgrounds that are on our "list".
If anyone would like to volunteer to help with the campground scouting please let me know.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:48 PM   #820
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
I agree with Andy on Apple Creek, but am not opposed to a new campground either.
Remember, Grace and I are "newbies" and have led a sheltered life as far as camping is concerned.
How far do we want to go? We have a firefighter friend that owns Campers Cove near Alpena and would give us a good deal.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote