Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2006, 03:56 PM   #61
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Wow Shelly, that's awesome! Looking forward to meeting everyone at the rally!
Old 06-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Shelley. Nice animated graphic! Who is the face that isn't Lou? (I feel like a bad Metro Detroit person for having to ask. )

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #63
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
"Who is that face that isn't Lou?" Carol
Whoa you mean that wasn't Sonny Eliot? Man, I need computer glasses!
I know it wasn't Sir Graves Ghastly! (P.S. I know why the Tigers and the Wings weren't in there, head hangin' low...)
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2006, 08:19 PM   #64
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Just to recap...you're making a list,
and I'm checking mine twice,
and about your avatar
did Santa find you naughty or nice?
Of course Santa found me nice!
He is a UAW Machine Repairman in the plant that I work. He better find me nice. I could ALWAYS find something really dirty for him to do!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #65
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM1
I think it's brilliant!

Hey hunny, how come all your posts say things like "my camper" and "my fridge"?
OMG! That is TOO funny!
The fridge is haunting John!
Old 06-11-2006, 08:29 PM   #66
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
"Who is that face that isn't Lou?" Carol
Whoa you mean that wasn't Sonny Eliot? Man, I need computer glasses!
I know it wasn't Sir Graves Ghastly! (P.S. I know why the Tigers and the Wings weren't in there, head hangin' low...)
Hey! It's my long-lost Uncle Sonny!
I absolutely love Sonny on WWJ at 4:20 p.m. and 5:20 p.m.! I remember watching his forecasts on the TV when I was REALLY young!
Old 06-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #67
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Ah, well until 15 minutes ago there was no "we" or "us" on this forum! Everyone, please welecome my wife, Shelly, to the forums! She's the one that put the graphic together.

BTW, that's her, the little dark dot, in my Avatar.
WOW! Is she small!
Welcome to the forums Shelly! I hope I do not frighten you away from the rallies in the future!
Old 06-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #68
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Not that I would have known it was Sonny but he is flashing by pretty fast. I thought only Lou flashed by fast. Oh wait, that was last year.

photography
Old 06-12-2006, 07:30 AM   #69
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Are you guys kidding, nobody knows the Ghoul?

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:21 AM   #70
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Hey! It's my long-lost Uncle Sonny!
I absolutely love Sonny on WWJ at 4:20 p.m. and 5:20 p.m.! I remember watching his forecasts on the TV when I was REALLY young!

Wasn't Sonny the greatest? What a happy person. Did you see the stand up photo with him pretending to be "hitchhiking"? It was cute.
What I meant to say was, like Carol, I couldn't id the other guy...
I thought Sonny could have been the guy on the snowmobile or in front of the mike with the fake beard...then again maybe that was Sir Graves. Guess I'd better eat more carrots. I think the ghoul was after my time of watching spooky shows...after all I am 21 now.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:01 AM   #71
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Steph, how was your camping in the Port Huron area? Any pictures?

Was Sony like Chicago's Svengoulie? He was a riot, held a dead chicken and stayed in a coffin filled in the breaks in the old scary movies. Sorry guys and gals, I am not native to Michigan. John thanks for the link, that certainly is the one in the avatar. Your wife knew exactly what she was doing when she chose the kookiest to represent our rally. LOL

I had an idea for a grab bag at the rally. We could all bring something to exchange, perhaps a trailer novelty or useful item for camping. Don't know how we would arrange the exchange but it has the possibility to be fun, don't you think? In the end we can try to trade to get what we are really pining for. The kids could even have their own separate grab.

photography
Old 06-12-2006, 11:10 AM   #72
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Sonny Elliot is a weatherman here in D-town. He used to be on TV. His schtick is when we get a combo weather deal, say snow and hail he says we're going to get snail, or rain and fog=rog.

The picture is of the Ghoul, who IS like your Svengoulie, in fact I think one was a rip off of the other.

I have some good homemade wine that could work for that grab bag, or as Sonny would say "grag".

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:31 AM   #73
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
John, Grag me! Sounds perfect. I saw this radio/toaster so cute or flamingo glasses. My problem is I will want everything everyone brings.

photography
Old 06-12-2006, 02:35 PM   #74
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Quote:
Steph, how was your camping in the Port Huron area? Any pictures?
Harrisville was nice. Tawas was awesome. I love that place...I love it so much I don't know if I'll spread the word anymore by posting pix or even a review

Seriously Tawas Point State Park is a wonderful campground, for bird watchers, dog walkers, kids, families, grandparents, couples...its got Huron beach and Tawas bay beach (its on a point jutting out from Tawas itself). Tawas bay is gentle, lots of sand bars, warm water. Huron side is windy but gorgeous sandy beach.

The Grab bag idea is awesome...love to hear more thoughts about how to plan it. You all are so creative!!

John had it right. Sir Graves ghastly was the guy who did the spooky stuff--old Detroit again. Sonny is and was sunny--Detroit stuff again sorry. He's awesome and for a long time you would look over your shoulder and there would be a billboard or a sign on a bus with Sonny's photo on it. Kinda Mr Detroit. I remember him from tv broadcasting from the Detroit Zoo... Loved him as a kid, still do!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:09 PM   #75
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
I am still trying to figure out if there is a way for me to attend, but between some already planned vacations and family events, trying to help my dad move and sell his house, and a few projects around my house, I still cannot commit to be there. But you guys are on my mind quite often. I will make it if I can. I may not know until a week or two ahead of time - every weekend is already booked with something between now and then. When did life get so hectic? We used to have time to do the simple things. It should not be work trying to get together with your friends.

However, if I do come, I will bring Canadian beer - Sleeman Honey Brown. Yum!
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:23 PM   #76
Rivet Master

Quote:
I had an idea for a grab bag at the rally. We could all bring something to exchange, perhaps a trailer novelty or useful item for camping. Don't know how we would arrange the exchange but it has the possibility to be fun, don't you think? In the end we can try to trade to get what we are really pining for. The kids could even have their own separate grab.
How about we draw names like for a "Secret Santa" sort of deal? I like that!
Old 06-13-2006, 10:25 PM   #77
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
I am still trying to figure out if there is a way for me to attend, but between some already planned vacations and family events, trying to help my dad move and sell his house, and a few projects around my house, I still cannot commit to be there. But you guys are on my mind quite often. I will make it if I can. I may not know until a week or two ahead of time - every weekend is already booked with something between now and then. When did life get so hectic? We used to have time to do the simple things. It should not be work trying to get together with your friends.

However, if I do come, I will bring Canadian beer - Sleeman Honey Brown. Yum!
I sure hope you two can make it. Gracie and Alex really loves Lorrie. They would be heartbroken without her.
I know that I would sure miss you. Kirk and Beth get tired of listening to me ramble on and on.... You never seem to tire of me though.... Hmmm....
Old 06-13-2006, 11:15 PM   #78
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Secret Santa sounds good too. Or we can play hot potato and pass the wrapped items until the music stops and then that's it.

photography
Old 06-14-2006, 04:48 PM   #79
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Jackson , Michigan
I'm a little worried about the Secret Santa thing since we don't really now anyone except the Woodruffs yet. Musical Bags sounds good to me. I do have a few ideas for the exchange though!!! By the way HD looks a little like the Jolly old soul. It's great at the daycare in December, half the kids think I'm married to Santa. Keeps them real good. LeeAnn
mizlann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:28 PM   #80
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizlann
I'm a little worried about the Secret Santa thing since we don't really now anyone except the Woodruffs yet. Musical Bags sounds good to me. I do have a few ideas for the exchange though!!! By the way HD looks a little like the Jolly old soul. It's great at the daycare in December, half the kids think I'm married to Santa. Keeps them real good. LeeAnn
Either way works for me. My only goal is to get together with all my buddies!
By the way, Marvin and Annie, (happycampers), has donated a handmade stained glass duck that Marvin made. We will be selling raffle tickets for the duck to offset some of the costs for the rally. How does that sound? I may be convinced to raffle off some of my prized smoked chickens too!