Old 08-10-2006, 07:16 AM   #519
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Hey folks! Didn't attend your rally but wanted to say how much I've been enjoying the rally thread and all the pics and fun. Reminds me of family slide shows from when I was a kid, full of family pictures of us all up at the Lake (Michigan), sitting around at picnic tables eating watermelon, fried chicken, baked beans, corn-on-the-cob, pies and cakes... (It's really all about the food, isn't it?) And your pics have all that nice shiny aluminum (even on your heads?)

Rally on!
-J

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:13 AM   #520
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowbar68
nice picture john, do you have more? there were alot of nice units at the rally both new and old.
I do, but I took them so late in the evening, that in order to get a good exposure, about half of them are blurry. But I took one of every unit, except for Loudruff's because they had already left. Sorry about that!

I'll try to get them up on Flickr tonite, but it might be next week.

Dang, we should have gotten a picture of all of the dutch ovens stacked, cooking!

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #521
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
great times, great friends!

Hi everyone!
Larry and I just got back from the rally, plus a few days in Indiana at the family reunion! We had a blast on Thurs. and Friday and were sorry to have to miss Sat. and Sun.
But the family reunion was great and we even spent a few nights in a campground or two on the way back home. Checked out Broken Arrow Campground in Winimac, IN and Sauder Village Campground in OH, (near Toledo). We are looking forward to the next rally! How about another weekend before it gets to be winter???
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #522
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Hey Lou and Larry,

Thanks again for the tools. As for another weekend before winter....we're in!! Anyone else?
Old 08-10-2006, 06:51 PM   #523
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
tended. bet there were lots of hysterical moments,,, good food,, good people,,, what more could one ask . donna,,,,,,,,,,,,oh,, almost forgot,,, GREAT TRAILERS!
Old 08-10-2006, 09:05 PM   #524
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
But I took one of every unit, except for Loudruff's because they had already left. Sorry about that!
Here is one that we took on Fri. This will complete your set, and prove that we DID make it to the rally!!
Thanks for the fine photo work! We really missed being there on Sat.!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-003S.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	24540  
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #525
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastie
Lou and all,

If you have cable or dsl and would like to see some pic's of the rally just send me your e-mail address.

toastie
Just send 'em all to loupatterson@wowway.com
I cannot wait to see them!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:37 PM   #526
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
Lou,
Just returned from Jackson Center and talked to Amy about your plastic latches. She wasn't sure which ones you needed.
I got involved in a structure fire Tues. night til 10:30pm and left for Jackson Center at 3:00am, so I did not have time to get a picture from you.
Send one now and if you haven't purchased any by the time I go again, I'll pick some up.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:05 PM   #527
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
I took a few pictures at the rally.....here is one of my favorites.
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:07 AM   #528
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeagle313
I took a few pictures at the rally.....here is one of my favorites.
Tim,
Nice shot! Although, I do believe whoever owned the 1977 6 Metre' Argosy Minuet had the nicest trailer!
Old 08-13-2006, 09:10 AM   #529
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag'nwagon
Hey Lou and Larry,

Thanks again for the tools. As for another weekend before winter....we're in!! Anyone else?
Larry and Lou mentioned a fall rally too.
I am not sure but I may be attending the Land Between the Lakes fall rally in Western Ky. I gotta get down there and see my kin before the snow flies up here!
Old 08-13-2006, 09:35 AM   #530
Rivet Master

Wanna go?

Some of my friends from Kentucky are looking to have a rally down south!
This is down where I have some kin-folk and I have not been down to see them in about 2 years.
I am thinking of taking an entire week and heading down there.
It is in the Land Between the Lakes area. If you have never been there then you have not seen Heaven on Earth! It is awesome. It is even pretty nice in October.
I would love to caravan down there. It is about a ten hour drive but well worth it.
Here is a link to their thread. Check it out!
http://www.airforums.com/forum...6-a-25063.html
I will try to find some links to sites for down there. If you go, you will not be disappointed!
Old 08-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #531
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Hey folks! Didn't attend your rally but wanted to say how much I've been enjoying the rally thread and all the pics and fun. Reminds me of family slide shows from when I was a kid, full of family pictures of us all up at the Lake (Michigan), sitting around at picnic tables eating watermelon, fried chicken, baked beans, corn-on-the-cob, pies and cakes... (It's really all about the food, isn't it?) And your pics have all that nice shiny aluminum (even on your heads?)

Rally on!
-J
I am so glad that others on the forums have enjoyed our antics.
It was a TON of fun. Even the kids had a blast.
I had WAY too much beer!
Also, I received a strange message from a beer bottle.
It was labeled, "But Enough About Me" Lager.... Hmmm...
I wonder what that meant?
Old 08-13-2006, 12:27 PM   #532
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Just got back, and yes Lou, I did pester poor Annie and Marvin, but they were gracious throughout, even entertained little Oreo.

I had the best time, I want to thank Lou and John and everyone for making this rally the best yet. And for anyone that has not tasted Lou's chickens they are addictive! The food was phenominal and there was plenty of it.

Andy wrote and sang a song, please post it Andy, or better still--- how about an MP3?

I didn't carry my camera nearly enough so if I wasn't hounding you this time for pictures I will catch you next time for sure, but I put up some pictures here

http://www.pbase.com/baidinc/gallery/apple_creek_2006

And here is our very own Little Miss Metro Detroit 2006.

Also hope to see more pictures from others. There was a gorgeous mirror finish Bambi and a new CCD Bambi, and oh so many other units. Everyone please post your pictures.
Great pics Carol.. Whats all those people doing in the back of my truck??? ,,,,,,,, Corn anyone???