Old 08-08-2006, 08:51 PM   #505
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 22
Carleton , Michigan
Great time at Rally

Just wanted to let you know our family had a great time at the rally. It really got Diane motivated on the trailer again, and she has been working on it and making great suggestions for improvement since we got home. She also said we need to go camping again this year, which is usually my suggestion.

We really enjoyed seeing all our freinds from last year and meeting all our new freinds like John and Shelley, Michelle and Zack, Dan, Collin and Christine and everyone else.

The food at the potluck was fantastic, and the company was even better.

Thanks again for arranging it John and Lou.

Shawn

Old 08-08-2006, 08:55 PM   #506
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argosy man
Just wanted to let you know our family had a great time at the rally. It really got Diane motivated on the trailer again, and she has been working on it and making great suggestions for improvement since we got home. She also said we need to go camping again this year, which is usually my suggestion.

We really enjoyed seeing all our freinds from last year and meeting all our new freinds like John and Shelley, Michelle and Zack, Dan, Collin and Christine and everyone else.

The food at the potluck was fantastic, and the company was even better.

Thanks again for arranging it John and Lou.

Shawn
Next year's is going to be even better. I have a surprise in store for all of you! If anyone was sitting out at the campfire Saturday night they heard some of the details!

Old 08-08-2006, 09:18 PM   #507
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Joe,
What were you and Lorrie wearing around your necks?
Looks like press passes!
We thought that we would wear name tags so folks would know who we were, since we were latecomers that arrived on Saturday. They were actually from the Hummer Homecoming that we went to back in June. But that's a whole 'nuther story.
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:30 PM   #508
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
This is a BIG Thread

I did a little research (an Advanced Search actually) and discovered that this is only the 5th thread on ASForums to get to 500+ posts! Uwe's "A 63 for me!" is in 1st place with over 800 posts.

This thread is currently in 4th place and it is the one that got to 500 the fastest - in just 3 months and 2 days (94 days)!

Just thought you'd like to know!
WBCCI/VAC #6768

Old 08-09-2006, 08:59 AM   #509
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Exclamation yikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
I know the trailer you are talking about. I've looked at it and talked to the owner. He is not interested in selling. It is full of junk front to back, floor to ceiling. You cannot even get in the door. The frame is shot with the tongue pointing up at about a 45 degree angle. This one is a total redo. You couldn't even pull it home.

I also know of a 1966 24' Tradewind for sale in North Branch. Last year the asking price was $3500, which was $2500 too high in my estimation. The original fridge and toilet are out and sitting in the guys garage, but they go with the trailer. It is otherwise relatively complete, but would require a good going thru.
Yikes, Thanks 66, definitely NOT what we are looking for either the one on M-90 or the one in North Branch. We are looking for a trailer we can use immediately without any restoration.
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:22 PM   #510
Rivet Master

Quote:
We thought that we would wear name tags so folks would know who we were, since we were latecomers that arrived on Saturday. They were actually from the Hummer Homecoming that we went to back in June. But that's a whole 'nuther story.
I love that story! It had all sorts of pictures too!
I want an H2 now!
Old 08-09-2006, 09:24 PM   #511
Rivet Master

Quote:
I did a little research (an Advanced Search actually) and discovered that this is only the 5th thread on ASForums to get to 500+ posts! Uwe's "A 63 for me!" is in 1st place with over 800 posts.

This thread is currently in 4th place and it is the one that got to 500 the fastest - in just 3 months and 2 days (94 days)!

Just thought you'd like to know!
That's because the thread follows the underlying theme for each of our rallies! "It's all about Lou!" Hehehehehehe...
Naw, it is because we all had a blast. No one got too obnoxious, (except me), and we all made some new friends!
Plus, 25% of the posts are from me!
What about how we rank in total thread views?
Old 08-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #512
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Thumbs up Great time

Hello everyone.. We just got home an hour ago.. we stayed until 11am today.... Carol left a little while before we did.. The three of us dined on Lou's smoked chicken and enjoyed it very much.. great to see everyone again and meet new ones....
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:40 PM   #513
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
Hello everyone.. We just got home an hour ago.. we stayed until 11am today.... Carol left a little while before we did.. The three of us dined on Lou's smoked chicken and enjoyed it very much.. great to see everyone again and meet new ones....
I bet it was REALLY quiet there without all of us!
I am glad you got to enjoy a whole chicken to yourselves. I am getting ready to throw four more in the smoker this weekend!
Annie and Marvin, it would not be an LPPI rally without you guys!
Marvin - thanks for the beer!
Old 08-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #514
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1955 22' Safari
Great Lake State , .
Quote:
I bet it was REALLY quiet there without all of us!
I am glad you got to enjoy a whole chicken to yourselves. I am getting ready to throw four more in the smoker this weekend!
Annie and Marvin, it would not be an LPPI rally without you guys!
Marvin - thanks for the beer!
Lou and all,

If you have cable or dsl and would like to see some pic's of the rally just send me your e-mail address.

toastie
Old 08-09-2006, 10:23 PM   #515
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastie
Lou and all,

If you have cable or dsl and would like to see some pic's of the rally just send me your e-mail address.

toastie
Do any of them look like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010094.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	24516  

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:31 PM   #516
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
That's because the thread follows the underlying theme for each of our rallies! "It's all about Lou!" Hehehehehehe...
Naw, it is because we all had a blast. No one got too obnoxious, (except me), and we all made some new friends!
Plus, 25% of the posts are from me!
What about how we rank in total thread views?
It IS about the LOU!

As for thread views, this was a bit harder to research and I cannot be as positive about the exactness of the result, but this thread is merely in the top 30 or so. It hasn't been around long enough, or it doesn't have broad enough appeal to outscore some threads with far fewer posts. (A few threads with less than 200 posts have more views that this thread.)

But no doubt the LOU-ness of this thread does also help keep the view counter rolling along.
WBCCI/VAC #6768

Old 08-09-2006, 11:14 PM   #517
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
fort wayne , Indiana
pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Do any of them look like this?
nice picture john, do you have more? there were alot of nice units at the rally both new and old.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:27 PM   #518
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Just got back, and yes Lou, I did pester poor Annie and Marvin, but they were gracious throughout, even entertained little Oreo.

I had the best time, I want to thank Lou and John and everyone for making this rally the best yet. And for anyone that has not tasted Lou's chickens they are addictive! The food was phenominal and there was plenty of it.

Andy wrote and sang a song, please post it Andy, or better still--- how about an MP3?

I didn't carry my camera nearly enough so if I wasn't hounding you this time for pictures I will catch you next time for sure, but I put up some pictures here

http://www.pbase.com/baidinc/gallery/apple_creek_2006

And here is our very own Little Miss Metro Detroit 2006.

Also hope to see more pictures from others. There was a gorgeous mirror finish Bambi and a new CCD Bambi, and oh so many other units. Everyone please post your pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	missmetrodetroit2006.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	24518  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote