Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-22-2007, 11:33 AM   #701
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS
Hey Lou, does this mean we get to scout the campgrounds of Hell this spring? We're in for a campfire, pick a time and date.
This means that we will have to go to Hell and back to find a campground!
I am not sure when would be the best time to have the basement campfire but reat assured that you will have to bring your camping chair!
If it is an official meeting of the LPPI there are two requirements:
1. You need to be sitting in the proper type of seating.
2. There has to be a fire.

I think I am going to make those meeting by-law requirements!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:36 PM   #702
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Gee Lou... Dont you think another rule should be anybody of age should have cocktail in hand???
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:50 PM   #703
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
Amen
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:26 AM   #704
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
To Hell with you and me then. I will probably meet you there. Good we will have a cold one waiting for refreshment.

What about the basement rally Lou, is it for the beginning of February?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:20 AM   #705
Rivet Master

Lou-A-Palooza 2.5!

Or maybe we should call it the "basement rally" and Carol suggested?
I was thinking that we could hold the "basement rally" February 17th or February 24th? Most likely sometime around 5:00 p.m.
I would like to do a potluck dinner too.
There will be a HUGE fire in our basement fireplace so bring your folding chairs! I still have Bob Truitt's chair in the back of my van!
Let me know on this thread, who would all be up for the "basement rally"!
You can also feel free to email me at: loupatterson@wowway.com
Let's get this party started!
Old 01-28-2007, 10:22 AM   #706
HDS
2 Rivet Member

either weekend in Febuary is good for us, we're committed (or should be) for the first two weekends in March. We have to get our chairs out of the trailer, but thats not a problem, just an excuse. See you around the fire
HDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:53 PM   #707
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Lou, why not call it Lou's UNDERGROUND RALLY????
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Or maybe we should call it the "basement rally" and Carol suggested?
I was thinking that we could hold the "basement rally" February 17th or February 24th? Most likely sometime around 5:00 p.m.
I would like to do a potluck dinner too.
There will be a HUGE fire in our basement fireplace so bring your folding chairs! I still have Bob Truitt's chair in the back of my van!
Let me know on this thread, who would all be up for the "basement rally"!
You can also feel free to email me at: loupatterson@wowway.com
Let's get this party started!
Old 01-31-2007, 10:57 PM   #708
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Underground rally sounds cool! Should be tomorrow though for Ground Hogs day. Let's get this stamped out so we can make some preparations and see the participants list grow.

Lou don't you and Candie feel like you have to go to a lot of trouble, I think we would all be willing to meet out somewhere too if that is more convenient. I know you have had a gruelling schedule at work lately.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #709
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Yeah Carol,,I can see the newspaper headlines now..... LOU'S CREW GOES UNDERGROUND!!!and Ground Hogs day is comming...Coincidence??? I DONT THINK SO!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Underground rally sounds cool! Should be tomorrow though for Ground Hogs day. Let's get this stamped out so we can make some preparations and see the participants list grow.

Lou don't you and Candie feel like you have to go to a lot of trouble, I think we would all be willing to meet out somewhere too if that is more convenient. I know you have had a gruelling schedule at work lately.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:38 PM   #710
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
underground getdown

tell me where and when nad I will try to be there.

PS: Metro Detroit WBCCI Shakedown/Fiesta Rally May 4 5 and 6
see posting under Rally link
ITOWAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #711
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Andy, thats on my B-Day..Hmmmmmm looks like a recipe weekend to me. I cant find that link anywhere. Someone help poor lil ole me here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITOWAIR
tell me where and when nad I will try to be there.

PS: Metro Detroit WBCCI Shakedown/Fiesta Rally May 4 5 and 6
see posting under Rally link
Old 02-02-2007, 01:22 PM   #712
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Of course if we just keep putting it back far enough we could have our 2.5 rally planning at the Louapalooza 3 rally.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:30 PM   #713
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Yankee Air Museum Air Show

Does anyone remeber that we talked last summer about maybe having a rally at the time of the Yankee Air Force Air Show at Willow Run?

They have set the date at July 7 & 8 this year because that was the only time the Blue Angels could be there.

Here is the link

Thunder Over Michigan - Air Show - Yankee Air Museum
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #714
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
HI gang
With this weather, my motorhome is crying real loud to go to EL Paso, TX. I'll have a rally down there if anybody is interested.
Actually, we have to stay around as Grace is having her shoulder operated on the 19th. If the weather is still cold, I'm outt'a here.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:17 PM   #715
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
WBCCI Shakedown/Feista

Cinco de Mayo Shakedown
May 4-6th, 2007
Pine Ridge RV Camground
11700 Gera Road (M-83)
Birch Run, MI, 48415
(989)624-9029; www.PineRidgeRV.com--Pine Ridge RV Camping in Birch Run, MI

Please join us for a Springtime Mexican Fiesta. Wear your favorite Mexican Attire and bring your favorite Mexican beverages and snacks to celebrate Mexican Independence and the beginning of the 2007 Metro Detroit Camping Season. Close to Birch Run Outlet Mall and Frankenmuth shopping. Also plenty of time for siestas.

Directions: I 75 North to exit #136, east on Birch Run Road (M-83), follow signs to Frankenmuth, North on Gera Road (M-83), then ¼ Mile to entrance
MAKE YOUR OWN CAMPING RESERVATIONS: Sites #148-157 have been prearranged. Andy and Claudia are in #147, call for your own reservations. Rates are either $34-35 per night as campground has not set 2007 rates yet. Spacious sites include water, electric and sewer. Reservations under Claudia Neumann or Metro Detroit Airstream Group.

Meals Provided:
Fri. Evening Weenies and Beans.
Saturday Evening: Taco Buffet
Please bring your favorite desert or campfire snack.
Sat. & Sun. – Continental Breakfast

Camp fires nightly, weather permitting

Camping Fee: MAKE YOUR OWN RESERVATIONS @ (989)624-9029 PLEASE
Rally Fees:
10.00 per unit $10.00 x ____ =$_______
Hospitality Fees:
Adults (13 and up) $ 1.25 x ____ =$_______
Children 12 and under free
Total $_________
Name: ______________________________________
Children: ____________________________________
Address: ____________________________________
Mail COUPON to: Neumann, 19310 Faulman Road, Clinton Twp., MI 48035 (586)790-0957 after 6 pm
E-Mail: theandyman@wideopenwest.com
ITOWAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:12 AM   #716
Rivet Master

as you can tell by my not-so-prompt replies my work schedule has been, as Carol put it, grueling.
It will be no trouble to host a buch of ya at my home. Trust me when I tell you that a TON of us could sit comfortably in my basement.
I do like Andy's suggestion of the "Underground Getdown".
If we could make it for Feb. 24th around 4-5 p.m. that would be wonderful!
How does that sound?
Bring a dish to pass and your folding chair.
Let me know on this thread or send me an email to: louis.patterson@gm.com or loupatterson@wowway.com

By the way, if anybody would like to "Mapquest" my address send me an email or PM on here and I will send you my address.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:13 AM   #717
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Cinco de Mayo

The 5th of May is not Mexican Independence Day, but it should be! And Cinco de Mayo is not an American holiday, but it should be. Mexico declared its independence from mother Spain on midnight, the 15th of September, 1810. And it took 11 years before the first Spanish soldiers were told and forced to leave Mexico.
So, why Cinco de Mayo? And why should Americans savor this day as well? Because 4,000 Mexican soldiers smashed the French and traitor Mexican army of 8,000 at Puebla, Mexico, 100 miles east of Mexico City on the morning of May 5, 1862.
The French had landed in Mexico (along with Spanish and English troops) five months earlier on the pretext of collecting Mexican debts from the newly elected government of democratic President (and Indian) Benito Juarez. The English and Spanish quickly made deals and left. The French, however, had different ideas.
Under Emperor Napoleon III, who detested the United States, the French came to stay. They brought a Hapsburg prince with them to rule the new Mexican empire. His name was Maximilian; his wife, Carolota. Napoleon's French Army had not been defeated in 50 years, and it invaded Mexico with the finest modern equipment and with a newly reconstituted Foreign Legion. The French were not afraid of anyone, especially since the United States was embroiled in its own Civil War.
The French Army left the port of Vera Cruz to attack Mexico City to the west, as the French assumed that the Mexicans would give up should their capital fall to the enemy -- as European countries traditionally did.
Under the command of Texas-born General Zaragosa, (and the cavalry under the command of Colonel Porfirio Diaz, later to be Mexico's president and dictator), the Mexicans awaited. Brightly dressed French Dragoons led the enemy columns. The Mexican Army was less stylish.
General Zaragosa ordered Colonel Diaz to take his cavalry, the best in the world, out to the French flanks. In response, the French did a most stupid thing; they sent their cavalry off to chase Diaz and his men, who proceeded to butcher them. The remaining French infantrymen charged the Mexican defenders through sloppy mud from a thunderstorm and through hundreds of head of stampeding cattle stirred up by Indians armed only with machetes.
When the battle was over, many French were killed or wounded and their cavalry was being chased by Diaz' superb horsemen miles away. The Mexicans had won a great victory that kept Napoleon III from supplying the confederate rebels for another year, allowing the United States to build the greatest army the world had ever seen. This grand army smashed the Confederates at Gettysburg just 14 months after the battle of Puebla, essentially ending the Civil War.
Union forces were then rushed to the Texas/Mexican border under General Phil Sheridan, who made sure that the Mexicans got all the weapons and ammunition they needed to expel the French. American soldiers were discharged with their uniforms and rifles if they promised to join the Mexican Army to fight the French. The American Legion of Honor marched in the Victory Parade in Mexico, City.
It might be a historical stretch to credit the survival of the United States to those brave 4,000 Mexicans who faced an army twice as large in 1862. But who knows?
Old 02-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #718
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Or This Version

OK I posted respectfully and actually learned a lot. But here is a humorous version:

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This would have been the larges single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship never made it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost. The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe today. The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course as Sinko de Mayo.

Andy this might be my favorite Mexican ware for the rally.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cincoshirt.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	31764  
Old 02-03-2007, 10:57 AM   #719
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Lou I will risk peril and the circle of death but once again and somehow make it to the underground on the 24th. I will knock three times and give the code word... Louapalooza.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:22 AM   #720
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by uluwene
Does anyone remeber that we talked last summer about maybe having a rally at the time of the Yankee Air Force Air Show at Willow Run?

They have set the date at July 7 & 8 this year because that was the only time the Blue Angels could be there.

Here is the link

Thunder Over Michigan - Air Show - Yankee Air Museum
I remember! Come on down to Lou's Nancy.