Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-07-2006, 07:52 AM   #461
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Thanks for a great rally!

Hey Lou, John, and all,
Thanks for such a great rally! We all had a blast! Sammy had so much fun playing with the kids--he wanted us to go get another car seat from home so we could take Gracie with us! Alex was so sweet and fun--she's a lovely girl! All the kids were terrific, and of course the dog kids too!!
Oh the food, it was awesome, that smoked chicken was great! We felt compelled to try a scoop of all the food offerings, not to mention the corn!! What a great meal!
We really appreciated how laid back it was, and how friendly everyone was to Sammy and us too! The circle lay out made it so easy to visit and to watch the kids play too!
Such a pleasure meeting everyone and visiting! What a nice group of people! Can't wait til next year!!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:05 AM   #462
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
fort wayne , Indiana
rally

whew, what a good time, a great bunch of folks. way to much food, but not enough corn (ha ha). that was a great pot luck. those smoked chickens were awesome. the informal atmosphere and friendliness of everyone is what camping is all about. definetly be their next year.

an overcast night, a full moon!, a spot light, blue noodles, pink flamingoes, illegal wood, a hi-jacked audience and an air horn... LPPI 3 what's next.

crowbar
Old 08-07-2006, 10:51 AM   #463
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowbar68
whew, what a good time, a great bunch of folks. way to much food, but not enough corn (ha ha). that was a great pot luck. those smoked chickens were awesome. the informal atmosphere and friendliness of everyone is what camping is all about. definetly be their next year.

an overcast night, a full moon!, a spot light, blue noodles, pink flamingoes, illegal wood, a hi-jacked audience and an air horn... LPPI 3 what's next.

crowbar
Wow! I am surprised you got this posted, Dan. With you REALLY old computer and slow connection speed!
I figure the only way to get people to hear my stand-up is to get you all around a campfire with your trailers, or blue-noodled motorhomes, set up so that you could not take off on me right away! If that is hi-jacking an audience then I am guilty!
The food was good.
The kids were well-mannered.
The pets were all good.
The raffle was awesome.
Your fearless leader led fearlessly.

IT COULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED WITHOUT ALL OF YOU!

I consider each and every one of you as a friend. New and old; you are all friends. Most of you are older than me too! That makes me feel even better.

YOOPERS ROCK!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:56 AM   #464
Rivet Master

I have a question....

Joe,
What were you and Lorrie wearing around your necks?
Looks like press passes!
Old 08-07-2006, 12:41 PM   #465
Rivet Master

LPPI treasury fund report.

I forgot to mention that we have had an increase in funds for the LPPI treasury.
The funds raised and expenses paid are as follows:
Smoked chicken auction $12.00
Raffle money: $81.00
Money someone gave: $20.00
Money I gave: $20.00
Donation by Steph: $20.00
Lint from my pocket: $0.00
Alex's piggy bank: $5.61
Total collected: $158.61

Expenses paid:
Gave Alex her piggy bank back: -$5.61
Firewood for Sat. night: -$10.00
Total deductions: -$15.61

LPPI Treasury amount: $158.61
Expenses paid: -$15.61
Total in LPPI treasury: $143.61

Not bad for our first-ever collection! All of the proceeds will go toward the next rally.
What I envision is having a couple of get-togethers between now and then and maybe have a raffle or auction again.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:07 PM   #466
2 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Vintage Kin Owner
detroit , Michigan
rally

Hi everyone,
What a successful rally, John and Lou and everyone it was just perfect. The best type of camping: relaxing atmosphere, campsite in the round very inviting, great people to relax and get to know, good animals and kids playing, and great food shared. Thanks for all the fun, see ya all down the road, and especially at next years rally.
Kirk Beth and Eddie
wagongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #467
2 Rivet Member

pittsfield , Massachusetts
hey everyone,
there was a police chase in south dakota...someone was stealing license plates....they caught the man....his name....BLUE NOODLE!!!!!!!
great pics from the ralley. I'm off to Indy tomorrow to look at a 40 acre farm so if things go well maybe i'll see ya at more area rallies and if not maybe you can come to mass and meet that group of airs!!!!
airpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:13 PM   #468
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
I was just looking through the Weber cookbook that Tim won in the raffle... very nice! A BIG thank you to whoever donated it...sorry I didn't hear who that was. And speaking of recipes...Lou, how closely do you guard your "secret brined chicken" recipe? It was phenomenal.

Dutch oven chefs...you know who you are...thanks for the inspiration. I'm going to have to invest in one of those.

Claudia and Andy... that microfiber cloth works like a charm! Thanks for the tip. What was the HD cleaner spray you had?

Randi
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:57 PM   #469
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Hello to everyone!

I wanted to say thanks to Lou and John for fitting in the last minute girl. I hope I didn't make you regret it! Andy, thanks for lending us your hose, Lou and Larry, thank you for sharing your tools and a big thanks to Leann and Harold for lunch and sno-cones! We will try to be better prepared next time. I also wanted to say how wonderful it was to walk in as a stranger and not feel like one(strange but not a stranger). Everyone was very friendly and I can't wait to see everyone in Hell next year. Or Paradise or Climax.

Rhonda
V.P.,BS
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:22 PM   #470
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpyro
hey everyone,
there was a police chase in south dakota...someone was stealing license plates....they caught the man....his name....BLUE NOODLE!!!!!!!
great pics from the ralley. I'm off to Indy tomorrow to look at a 40 acre farm so if things go well maybe i'll see ya at more area rallies and if not maybe you can come to mass and meet that group of airs!!!!
Airpyro,, you can tell the people in Indy how we party too girl...
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #471
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
We found out Lou's "secret brined chicken". Grey water!

Just to warn you. Don't eat Lou's "blackened chicken"!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:29 PM   #472
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda
And speaking of recipes...Lou, how closely do you guard your "secret brined chicken" recipe? It was phenomenal.

We found out Lou's "secret". Grey water!
Looks like Lou is BUSTED!!!!!
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #473
1963 Globetrotter

1963 19' Globetrotter
Detroit , Michigan
I know we talked it up - TCT Rally in Sept

here's the link to the forum discussion. Hope you all can make it... Old and new (trailers, rv's) all are welcome. It will be a "swap" meet kinda of thing, bring cash, rv parts to sell or swap or other flea market "stuff".

http://www.airforums.com/forum...9-14&e=134&c=1

www.tincantourists.com

or google tin can tourists

john
3237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #474
1963 Globetrotter

1963 19' Globetrotter
Detroit , Michigan
My first Internet Date - was with ya'll!

Hey this meeting people thru the internet really does work! No one mis represented themselves.. Lou is as scary as his picture and everyone else - good people... We did all get a little better looking as the night got later and the cocktail hour was extended!

Thank you all for a great couple of days..

I did leave behind a green and white chair. If you've retrieved it, thank you.

John
Old 08-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #475
1963 Globetrotter

1963 19' Globetrotter
Detroit , Michigan
FarmFest

I'll post here and again at another spot.

Anyone going to FarmFest? Hope to see you there - I don't thing you'll be too hard to find. LOL

http://www.farmhousemusic.org/

schedule

http://www.farmhousemusic.org/sched2006.html
Old 08-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #476
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by airpyro
hey everyone,
Hey, you could start the East Coast LPPI Chapter over there!
I could make you Regional VP of the East Coast! Then we could have an international junket and have the other members pay for all of us to meet in Vegas!
Hey, speaking of license plates; did someone see my plate from my van? I found it missing just after Buck left. Hmmm.....
Old 08-07-2006, 08:42 PM   #477
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeagle313
And speaking of recipes...Lou, how closely do you guard your "secret brined chicken" recipe? It was phenomenal.

Randi
See Rhonda's post.
Actually it is no secret. I will share it with ONLY the rally attendees. If you want the recipe let me know.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:47 PM   #478
Rivet Master

Quote:
Hello to everyone!

I wanted to say thanks to Lou and John for fitting in the last minute girl. I hope I didn't make you regret it! Andy, thanks for lending us your hose, Lou and Larry, thank you for sharing your tools and a big thanks to Leann and Harold for lunch and sno-cones! We will try to be better prepared next time. I also wanted to say how wonderful it was to walk in as a stranger and not feel like one(strange but not a stranger). Everyone was very friendly and I can't wait to see everyone in Hell next year. Or Paradise or Climax.

Rhonda
V.P.,BS
Dear VP of BS,
As a newly-appointed LPPI VP we will have to send you through the rigorous LPPI VP core training classes. They are nearly as difficult as the LPPI New Member Initiation Rites that you took, and barely passed, Saturday night around the sacred LPPI campfire, (the Friday night fire is the "Review of new candidates fire" so it is not sacred).
The reason I made you VP of BS is because you were able to shovel it back at me nearly as fast as I could shovel it at you. Someday you will make a fine LPPI Pres.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:47 PM   #479
Rivet Master

Quote:
We found out Lou's "secret brined chicken". Grey water!

Just to warn you. Don't eat Lou's "blackened chicken"!
Now ya done gone and did it. Everyone will know it now.
You see, this is exactly why Rhonda is the new VP of BS in the LPPI!
Old 08-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #480

2001 28' Excella
Clarkston , Michigan
Metro-Detroit Rally
An Airstream Legend

The LPPI came together again this weekend
Just for the fun of camping (and drinking.)
To meet friends, new and old
And to relax in the sweltering heat

There were all different sorts of trailers we saw
From CCDs to painted argosys
And even a motorhome or two joined the bunch.

Oh that one 5th wheel in the corner.

We sat around a fire that burned all night with the illegal wood
Kept going by the pyro from mass.
Who didn't even bother breaking the bundles
Just threw them as fast as she could

Doing frozen Jell-O shots and admiring the full moon
That didn't come out till well after midnight (And about 20
beers.)
The spotlight shone from atop the Motor home and the air horn blew
while we all laughed and the blue noodles and what they could do.

There was a huge potluck attended by all
In the wonderful building with air (that didn’t work) and TV (that was broken)
But the most attractive part was that it was bug free (except for all the bugs that were there.)
With smoked chicken poked all night by Lou
And enough corn to feed a small (well, large) army.
Everyone made a wonderful dish to share
And NO ONE left hungry, not even the dogs.

And then it was over just as soon as it began
Everyone that came as strangers had left as friends
With memories to last long past next year next year when we all meet again
Whether it be in Climax or Hell or as far as Paradise
We expect that you all will be there,
just don't forget to bring the beer.

WE HAD A GREAT TIME. CAN'T WAIL TILL NEXT YEAR
SARAH
Airstorm is offline   Reply With Quote